Fbo ecu how too hook up ballast bypass

-

Moparhead

Reaction score
hey im hoking up the fbo ecu with coil and jumper and im not certain how the jumper hooks up to my 4 prong ballast and what happens to the wires please help thanks,,

The jumper goes between the two terminals of the ballast that your coil wire runs off of.
Note the notch on the end of the four wire ballast, do it like this and it should be right.
The picture is right off of the FBO website.

ballast%20bypass.jpg

Why the jumper, just remove the guts and solder in a piece of 10g wire. That's what I did, nobody knows from the outside !

Why the jumper, just remove the guts and solder in a piece of 10g wire. That's what I did, nobody knows from the outside !
do you have a picture i want to do this job quick hook up the fbo rev limtier ecu and coil an jumper An go

really doesnt make sence i just want to hook up and go i dont know if the jumper goes on top or bottom and where the wires go??

really doesnt make sence i just want to hook up and go i dont know if the jumper goes on top or bottom and where the wires go??

The wires go back on the piggyback blades of the jumper just like they were.
Look at the picture I posted again and note the note:D about which end has the notch in it and put the jumper on accordingly.

ballast%20bypass.jpg

do they work good this is my first one and am excited to take off the chorme box and a 25 year old coil lol

FBO works very well, been running one for a couple of years now, better starting, idle, no loss of performance and rev limiter also. And with the built in trouble light, easy to diagnose when run it out of fuel! If light is flashing look elsewhere, hate the newer fuel sending units.

do they work good this is my first one and am excited to take off the chorme box and a 25 year old coil lol

The owner of FBO runs this box in his Barracuda and took a King of the track trophy at Bandemere raceway in 2016.
I'd say they work good, and right now they are working on a 2 stage limiter version of that same box.

My advice is to get the whole system he has. Ask Don if your old coil is OK to use.

I got the whole package it's just there instructions are a tad veg with the ballaster and the jumper

FBO recommends the Pertronics flame thrower, so you would need to check the specs between the two.
Or call Don and ask him.:D

-
Back