FBO Systems.....

-
What compression are you running? I'm running over 12.5:1 and a stock starter, though it would struggle a little.(7000' elevation)
Did a compression test and its only at 180-185 psi.
Mine has 10.9:1 but my cranking cylinder pressure is 195-201 psi. I run on 93 pump gas.
662 hp at 7300 rpm on dyno.

Thanks for respond back! there is a good example of how altitude can control your combo.
I'm probably make around 500 hp and shift at 5800 rpm.

I can only get 91 pump gas up here.

Drilled primary butterfly out (3/32) both idle mixture screws adj out to 1-1/2 turn.
Works for now. I need a bigger carb, but will have to dial it in with this one for now.

New ign will have to wait for the next test session.

Well, my timing loop, told me that my initial likes around 30 and my mile per hour said 45 degrees was to much!(I changed my timing 5 degrees at a time) but 40 was OK, I wouldn't have expected it to like that much timing!

When i lean my carb, that may change and not like 40 degrees total.....which was what i was expecting.(spark plug base ring is Black)

Any ways, changing the advance plate wont take as long the next time around.

Didn't have time to re curve my dist so i set it at 27/33 threw two steps smaller jet and went racing.........ran 8.40 to 8.27

My window still had a 8.38 on it so i when with it. (couldn't find my window chalk)
Every one was avoiding the right lane because it had a guy in it that wins a lot. I hate first round. and any thing i can do to get to the front of the line i do! So i pulled right up, and they pulled us out.(bad deal because my car was not completely warm) I cut what felt like a good light, and at the finish line i was going beat him as well. Lifted at the end and tapped my brakes.............. we both broke out! Me by the most! 8.38 dial and ran a crazy 8.17

The meaning of this story?......Rich engine, run faster, when there cold,......looks like i'm going to have to jet it down some more.

I have come up with a new plan..........But will start a new thread for that one. :D

-
Back