feather duster???

-

gniknayrb18

Reaction score
i have found a feather duster for sale on craigslist in my area and was curious to the rarity of the vehicle and what one might be worth

That's like askin "hay is my girlfriend pretty?" and then posting no picture.

rarity and value are not necessarily related.

I traded a solid, Alabama car), ( yes it is Mo, titled), good driving feather to a buddy. it can be bought for $2500 last I heard.

Wow. Looks pretty rough for 1500. You could probably find a running, driving /6 car for much less than it would take to get that one back together. If that is your 'dream car', maybe. Otherwise I'd keep looking.

At least they list it as 130K miles and not trying to claim it as 30. Since they called it a '66 multiple times in the add it wasn't a typo. They probably don't know anything about Dusters. Price wise, I'm thinking they are throwing 'it' at the wall to see if it sticks.
IF I ever do another build, I think I'd look for one of the 'special' dusters. Feather, space, etc. more of a novelty item than because it's rare. If you sat two nearly identical Dusters next to each other at a show, everyone would ignore the regular one and ooh an ahh over the Feather - and most would have no clue what the difference was other than the name.

Offer the guy a $1,000 cash and get ride of the drivetrain in favor of a V8. Your on your way!

Tickle your @ss with a feather???

I said, "It looks like we're having particularly nice weather"...

That's like askin "hay is my girlfriend pretty?" and then posting no picture.

Or sayin that your gf it the prettiest Denny's waitress... :???:

Just because she's the best in that Denny's, doesn't guarantee that she will be winning any beauty contests.... :angel12:

for my money it would be $500 -800 max--car is apart - meaning someone has messed it up, it needs a lot of work & $$ you would be better off finding a cleaner start for more $$. Lawrence

otherwise you just have another 1 of how many ??? SB conversions!!?????

Or keep it stock and have one of millions.
You dig the /6 & I did the V8. It's all good. Next /6 door stop I get I'll ship to you if you want it. I don't need another boat anchor. My crap, your gold, it's all goooooood!
Ether way, I don't see the car as overly priced though it maybe possible to do better.

for my money it would be $500 -800 max--car is apart - meaning someone has messed it up, it needs a lot of work & $$ you would be better off finding a cleaner start for more $$. Lawrence

If he can find one? GREAT! But that's the reason I said dump the /6 for a V8. Take that squirreled up engine/drivetrain out & start fresh.

Bingo !

To me, that's a $500 car

C'mon, guys - a 1966 Feather Duster - that's gotta be extremely rare, seeing as they didn't come out until 1976 ;-)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 10.43.23 AM.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 147
-
Back