Feeding the outside critters

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
The deer have started to show up. My wife likes to feed them. Last night I went to feed them, and I had one of the roll up doors open on the garage. Damn near had a collision with a small buck that has been coming to eat everyday. Do they always snort at humans or was it just me?

what do ya feed them? have them come to my yard at time but would like to put something out and get more here.

I would have to feed one a .44 mag load from my 1894S Marlin and then feed my family. Yummy.

They have found the bird feeders, so they are now eating bird food...

We've been feeding deer for the past 10 years, and use a feed mix from the grain store, or a deer mix they sell. If you do feed them, make sure to commit to the whole season. At $9-10 a bag, it can be expensive. We go through a bag every 2 days, but it's nice to see them right behind the house, and to get pictures. Another benifit is to be able to go out looking for sheds. Tim

Attachments

• 100_3173 (Small).JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_3259 (Small).JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_3945 (Small).JPG
    48 KB · Views: 128
I know my moose love crabapples, but deer like alfalfa bales.

I feed them too. These are from last winter taken from my kitchen table. The does are already starting to show up at our house this winter. They know where the food is. At night they sleep in the old barn in the back of the pics.

Attachments

• Winter deer..jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Winter deer1.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Winter deer2.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 107
The deer ate all the buds off my bushes last year. This year they will be fed a tasty diet of Broadheads.
And yes, they can really belt out a snort. I jumped a BIG buck in his bedding one day. He ran one direction, me another. Scared the hell outa me!

The deer ate all the buds off my bushes last year. This year they will be fed a tasty diet of Broadheads.
And yes, they can really belt out a snort. I jumped a BIG buck in his bedding one day. He ran one direction, me another. Scared the hell outa me!

I jumped a BIG buck in his bedding one day.Your curlers must,ve scared the hell out of the deer Bill.LOL:bootysha::poke::happy5:

The deer have started to show up. My wife likes to feed them. Last night I went to feed them, and I had one of the roll up doors open on the garage. Damn near had a collision with a small buck that has been coming to eat everyday. Do they always snort at humans or was it just me?

When he snorted at you that meant he liked you and wanted to mount you :bootysha:
His way of saying thanks for feeding him.
Kenny

-
Back