Fender not shipped by wilbanks????

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I paid by Paypal on 1/15. He sent me an email on 1/15 thanking me and saying he would ship by Greyhound bus the next day. I have not recieved the part. I tried to email him and get no replies to my emails? Website says a Senior Member?? Anybody on here that cam help me get in touch with him or know of him, or have any info on him that will help me either get my fender or get a refund through Paypal whould be helpful. Thanks Much.....

Sorry to hear of this. Hopefully he will see this post and come clean. Saugus Mass. My old Stomping grounds!! Essex Street, Ballard Street. Do you know Timmy Shea? Old friend of mine. Miss Bill and Bob's Roast Beef on Route 1 North.

I know he cries when things don't go his way. I got tired of his PM's about me taking a manifold buyer from him. I put him on my ignor list. GOOD LUCK

I don't know him personally, but I've bought things from him on different occaisions and he always came through.

I see on an older post he claimed he was moving and was selling off all his stuff?? Anybody know where he went????

Sorry to hear this. A couple years back he and I made a deal on the brake parts but then he just ignored me.

Time out fella's. The OP says he was shipping the item by Greyhound. A couple things here could be happening!! First.. Greyhound ships larger items on a "send it when we have that much room in cargo" basis. Couple that with the fact that a bus may or may not go to the location nearest to the purchaser and that terminal may not even allow package delivery and you have a scenario where it could take some time to get the package close enough to be picked up. Oh yea, the purchaser must pick up the package and the phone number must be clearly and boldly written on the package or the terminal operator may not call when the package comes in. Yes, the phone number is also written on the receipt, but being big and bold on a large package will surely get the call made. If there is no phone number on the package?? Expect some kind of letter sent by snail mail alerting you to the arrival!!! Remember, your parts are in the hands of people who would rather move people than packages!!

Not saying any of this happened, but giving Wilbanks time to respond here first will clear it up!! Lets not jump to conclusions before the conclusion!! Geof

I sent him a pm. He has not been on since the second....so until he logs on next......these train wreck posts do get old after a while.

Time out fella's. The OP says he was shipping the item by Greyhound. A couple things here could be happening!! First.. Greyhound ships larger items on a "send it when we have that much room in cargo" basis. Couple that with the fact that a bus may or may not go to the location nearest to the purchaser and that terminal may not even allow package delivery and you have a scenario where it could take some time to get the package close enough to be picked up. Oh yea, the purchaser must pick up the package and the phone number must be clearly and boldly written on the package or the terminal operator may not call when the package comes in. Yes, the phone number is also written on the receipt, but being big and bold on a large package will surely get the call made. If there is no phone number on the package?? Expect some kind of letter sent by snail mail alerting you to the arrival!!! Remember, your parts are in the hands of people who would rather move people than packages!!

Not saying any of this happened, but giving Wilbanks time to respond here first will clear it up!! Lets not jump to conclusions before the conclusion!! Geof

I checked the Boston Greyhound station and they had no fender there for me. I have had plenty of other parts shipped in the belly of a Greyhound and they arrived in short order. Boston is a pretty busy terminal so they see plenty of buses going there. I have tried to email Wilbanks but he does not respond. I was just hoping there was somebody on this site that knew him personally or how to get hold of him so I can get an answer as to where the part is. It is one thing to get tied up or busy or sick ect, but it is entirely something else when you never respond??

I agree, northeast!! Communication could solve a lot of these issues, and it seems that we have had a few more than our share here this winter season. I hope it all works out and he comes through with your fender and some form of communication to clear the air on this!!! Geof

I paid by Paypal on 1/15. He sent me an email on 1/15 thanking me and saying he would ship by Greyhound bus the next day. I have not recieved the part. I tried to email him and get no replies to my emails? Website says a Senior Member?? Anybody on here that cam help me get in touch with him or know of him, or have any info on him that will help me either get my fender or get a refund through Paypal whould be helpful. Thanks Much.....

Bobby is a good seller. I have bought many times from him. He normally is pretty good about his transactions. Try to message him through your pm. Im sure he will take care of you. Keep us posted.

I'm also waiting on Bobby...but haven't sent him any money yet. Last log-in was 02/02/12. If he's moving, he should be back soon. I'm just going to wait for him. Don't need my stuff for a while yet.

..........I've bought from bobby................seems like an ok guy.............kim...

YA, Bobby is OK.. I just got a call from him. Everything is OK. My fender was shipped and he chased it down. Seems it is sitting in a terminal in Nevada or Arizona someplace... He went out of town on an emergency. I hope my posts didn't sound like I was saying anything derrogatory toward him. I was just trying to find out how to get hold of him to see why I had not recieved the fender. But everything is OK. I have never had a bad experience with anybody on here or the Moparts website or even ebay for that matter. I kind of thought this would eventually get solved. Now it has and Bobby and I are OK. Case Closed to a Greyhound issue>>>>>>

Wow seems that was the same thing I had said when I sent you an email last week. Was to start calling the terminals and checking to see if its there. But instead you continued to run a guys name in the mud before you did your home work.

Wow seems that was the same thing I had said when I sent you an email last week. Was to start calling the terminals and checking to see if its there. But instead you continued to run a guys name in the mud before you did your home work.

If you read my original post I ran nobody into any mud. However, I must say, my title "not shipping fender" was not the best wording and I apoligize for that. But the body of the post explains I was only trying to see why the fender did not arrive. I was asking for help from whomever maybe new him? I also did contact greyhound in Boston and they did not have the part and could search no further because I was never given the tracking/shipping numbers? If I had them, I would have done that. As a Vietnam Combat Marine, I know what mud feels like, and it was never my intent to drag anyone into it. Bobby and I are fine with this. We know what happened. I tried my best to explain this here. So let's all just let it be at that, because now YOU my friend, sound like you are trying to drag me into the mud???? Isn't that what you claim you want to prevent????

Nope simply pointing out you dont really need a tracking number. Call the terminals in line and ask them if they got a car fender for a package or a package with your name on it. Ive never needed a tracking number to find my parts at stations. But yes I did send you an email on how to go about finding out where your part is. Calling one terminal doesnt exactly count. All you have to do is know where it was shipped from start with the first one. IF they dont have it there ask the dispatch where it would have headed to next. Then call that station keep doing that till you find it. I would have done that before posting a thread about it. But good luck to you hope you get your part.

I've dealt with Bobby also. He is a good trustworthy person and have I met him in the flesh. Greyhound is good about losing things. We bought some car parts that were shipped in two seperate boxes. One showed up but the other one was lost for 3 weeks til it was traced to another terminal.

Glad it worked out. Last i knew Bobby lived in the Joplin area but that was before the tornado. You said the part was traced to some place in Navada? Where did Bobby move to. I've met him before at the track in Rogersville and bought some parts from him.
Small Block

This would be easily avoided if the buyer and seller stayed in contact.

I just bought some expesnive parts and couldnt get in touch with the seller so naturally you start getting nervous. It turned out OK though.

Communication is the key. How hard is it to get to your emails? Or you could send out an email that says you wont be able to answer for a few days if you are going to Anartica. LOL

I have bought and sold. I got burned once on a set of saddlebags for a motorcycle. The guys name was John Orr out of Florida. I stupidly went ahead and shipped the bags when he said he mailed the money order. My fault totally. (Not this site either)

As a seller, I know the guy has put his money and trust in me. I wont let that down. But I know there are horror stories out there.

I let them know when the part shipped, tracking numbers if applicable, and answer any questions asap.

Communicate. Both buyers and sellers.

This would be easily avoided if the buyer and seller stayed in contact.

I just bought some expesnive parts and couldnt get in touch with the seller so naturally you start getting nervous. It turned out OK though.

Communication is the key. How hard is it to get to your emails? Or you could send out an email that says you wont be able to answer for a few days if you are going to Anartica. LOL

I have bought and sold. I got burned once on a set of saddlebags for a motorcycle. The guys name was John Orr out of Florida. I stupidly went ahead and shipped the bags when he said he mailed the money order. My fault totally. (Not this site either)

As a seller, I know the guy has put his money and trust in me. I wont let that down. But I know there are horror stories out there.

I let them know when the part shipped, tracking numbers if applicable, and answer any questions asap.

Communicate. Both buyers and sellers.

In all fairness to the topic. I now understand that Bobby had to leave Town to attend a Funeral and was gone a couple weeks out of state. Before he left he shipped the item. Obviousley, because he shipped the part it became a non issue as far as he was concerned. I would probably feel the same way. We all assume what we ship will arrive at where we ship it to? Well, the part went to another State and sat at that terminal. Because I never recieved a tracking/shipping number I had no way to discuss this item with the folks at Greyhound and became concerned. My first thought was to call Boston to see if they just failed to notify me that the part had arrived. It was not there? I really did not know where the part was shipped from and I am sure there must be more than one greyhound terminal in his State? So I started to email him over a few weeks to inquire. I got no replies to my emails and that is when I simply asked the Forum if anyone knew him or his whereabouts? Make a long story short, everything is good. I got the fender and spoke with Bobby and we are good. I too, have sometimes shipped parts without sending the customer the tracking numbers just assuming it would not be a problem. I guess the short of this is the tracking numbers would have enabled me to trace the part without inquiring to anybody but the carrier? It is surely a lesson I will keep in mind when I ship items from now on. I am only posting this to help serve the folks on this Forum about how things can sometimes go wrong. Thank YOU Bobby. Sorry for the miscommunications.
NortheastMopar

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back