FENDER TAG 73 Dart Sport H Code

-
Reaction score
Can someone advise why to the right of the FENDER TAG there is a TRANS AM stand alone tag?
Thanks
AJ

158DC8B5-B9DB-4256-9223-319FEFD4D448.jpeg

Strangest thing I've ever seen in my life man that thing should be on a 1970 AAR Cuda...WTF....

Wow, a one of one TA sport. That tag probably has some value if its real.
Obviously not original to the car.

Last edited:
Same reason my son's Dart and my Barracuda have fleet car tags...We put them there. My son's tag...

fender tag.JPG

My 68 Barracuda's tag says its a 69 Sport Suburban Wagon with a 383 Commando , HD 727 and 3.23 Suregrip !

This is true. My swinger was born with a slant but it identifys as a 340 car. It had all the operations to convert.

My 68 convertible is getting a 73 Challenger tag...just to mess with people.

Here's another "rare" brand new fender tag only $95.00, ebays got you covered:rolleyes:
s-l1600.jpg

Nah, c'mon stop that silliness. No paint, no rust, 48 years old ? One of none worth a Bazillion dollars.
Nobody is asking about selling.
Nor is anyone saying anything about rust.
Car was completely done.
Utter bullshit reply!!
If you don’t have anything constructive to say STFU!!

Strangest thing I've ever seen in my life man that thing should be on a 1970 AAR Cuda...WTF....
Thank you
I never seen this fender tag before.
Though the VIV matches the car.
Car was signed by Richard Petty.
This was a race car before I owned it.
The engine was built by Pit Bull Motors.
Someone said it could have been added.
I don’t know.
Thanks

Nobody is asking about selling.
Nor is anyone saying anything about rust.
Car was completely done.
Utter bullshit reply!!
If you don’t have anything constructive to say STFU!!
:rofl:it's a joke Karen

Last edited:
In the current societal climate your car can identify as ANYTHING it wants to be...
I hear tell and have been edgumucated in another thread ( more like kicked, punched and choked then ganged up on and kicked out of the thread) that 318s are just as good if not better and can outperform 340-360 any day of the week and for next to nothing money wise too...:)

Thank you
I never seen this fender tag before.
Though the VIV matches the car.
Car was signed by Richard Petty.
This was a race car before I owned it.
The engine was built by Pit Bull Motors.
Someone said it could have been added.
I don’t know.
Thanks

The 1970 Trans Am tag has been added to this 1973 A-body during the past 48 years.

Somewhere between initial dealer purchase, transformation into a race car, and current restoration.

Richard Petty had no involvement in the 1970 Trans Am cars. Racing or Street versions.

Back to the actual car…

That is a very cool Mopar: 73 Dart Sport 340 4 speed, TX9 black, hood scoop, hood blackout, fold down rear seat… That car stands on its own. Doesn’t need a Trans Am tag or Petty’s signature.

Let’s see more of the car!

Last edited:
I owned a twin to your car but in B5 blue.
My Barracuda was missing its tag ( 318 a/t car) so I stuck that wagon tag on there just to fill the void and because a Roadrunner wagon is just plain cool !

I would imagine your T/A tag has a similar story behind it .

Yep it was added.

If someone was parting an AAR or a T/A........ have you checked the block in the car to see if it a 1970 T/A block?

The 1970 Trans Am tag has been added to this 1973 A-body during the past 48 years.

Somewhere between initial dealer purchase, transformation into a race car, and current restoration.

Richard Petty had no involvement in the 1970 Trans Am cars. Racing or Street versions.

Back to the actual car…

That is a very cool Mopar: 73 Dart Sport 340 4 speed, TX9 black, hood scoop, hood blackout, fold down rear seat… That car stands on its own. Doesn’t need a Trans Am tag or Petty’s signature.

FF6FA642-0C4C-42F0-8C21-A409BDC18C98.jpeg

Back to the actual car…

5B8B9D5E-FCAE-46CA-B302-2C0BBC9C35BD.jpeg

8A7E614C-562D-49B3-8501-E8FFD88B773D.jpeg

F385CDEC-B13A-4AFA-8011-AA11CF90D546.jpeg

DC7964FF-0168-4BAB-A112-3E92C4C160F0.jpeg

A1F4F8D4-E1EA-4769-B4CC-149D836C0F33.jpeg

D70ED499-66D2-49C4-9543-4FF03B908B4E.jpeg

:thumbsup:

looks like you’re doing some work to it. How long have you owned it?

Short shifter often with short throw Hurst Super Shifters and other race shifter setups. Nice.

Was the AAR sticker from a previous owner? Looks like a Trans Am fan.

Hood blackout, black scoop, black stripe and black paint….:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I hear tell and have been edgumucated in another thread ( more like kicked, punched and choked then ganged up on and kicked out of the thread) that 318s are just as good if not better and can outperform 340-360 any day of the week and for next to nothing money wise too...:)
318 were used in police cars in late 70’s and 80’s. 360 was used in Highway cars. Sorry to say these engines had zero pickup. The 225 slant six had more power than the 318’s. I drove the 440 and 400 MOPARS. These engines had great power. You could keep up in a pursuit. Not so with the 318.

318 were used in police cars in late 70’s and 80’s. 360 was used in Highway cars. Sorry to say these engines had zero pickup. The 225 slant six had more power than the 318’s. I drove the 440 and 400 MOPARS. These engines had great power. You could keep up in a pursuit. Not so with the 318.
Ya know it's strange you mention the slant. Ford, is similar. I worked in a shop, drove a early 90s F150. It was a dog, I pulled it in the shop, thought to myself " this thing has to be a crappy running straight 6" it was a 5.0 (302). At another point in time, I worked on a F150 with a manual trans. Thing ran great, pulled in in, opened the hood, it was a Ford straight 6. These were square bodied 90s pickups. To this day I'd take a 92-96 F150 with a straight 6 and manual trans.

Ya know it's strange you mention the slant. Ford, is similar. I worked in a shop, drove a early 90s F150. It was a dog, I pulled it in the shop, thought to myself " this thing has to be a crappy running straight 6" it was a 5.0 (302). At another point in time, I worked on a F150 with a manual trans. Thing ran great, pulled in in, opened the hood, it was a Ford straight 6. These were square bodied 90s pickups. To this day I'd take a 92-96 F150 with a straight 6 and manual trans.
We had 6 cylinder police cars in NYC. They were Valarie’s. Lol.
I remember those 6 cylinders/ 4 speed trucks. I loved them:)

:thumbsup:

looks like you’re doing some work to it. How long have you owned it?

Short shifter often with short throw Hurst Super Shifters and other race shifter setups. Nice.

Was the AAR sticker from a previous owner? Looks like a Trans Am fan.

Hood blackout, black scoop, black stripe and black paint….:thumbsup:
I bought it last year. Has documented 48k on the clock.
I don’t like the short throw. Converting it back to original shifter package.
I picked the package up at Larson and the shifter at Brewers.

-
Back