Fender well headers

-
You're going to get alot of different tire sizes, I'm watching I'm doing the same with a low deck big block, but I think it's around 25 or 26.
Maybe rb will give a little more from the height or maybe less because of the width.

I'm sure you know the right answer is..... there is no right answer!
It depends on brand of headers, how high the car is in front, wheel width, backspace, size (13s,15s, 17s ?) aspect ratio of tires.... and probably a few other things.
The best I can do is give examples from personal experience.
I have a big block car with fenderwell headers, and two sets of semi-fenderwells (a tube or two or three thru the wheelwell.) I currently have 165/80x15 on 15x4 rocket launchers on the fenderwell car, and 185/65x15 on centerline skinnies on the semi fenderwell cars. The 185s are shorter then the165s, got them cause I couldn't find a decent price for the 165s.
My 62 with the one tube thru the wheelwell can take a much taller tire than it has now, the fenderwell car..... not so much.

On my'67 Cuda with 440, Trickflow heads and Hooker Fenderwells, I have 26" skinnies on Centerline 3.5" wheels.

I have Hooker 2" fender-wells on my duster. Car has factory disc brakes with Weld draglite wheels. I ran 165/80R15 (I think that's what they were) for years. They barely rubbed the inner tube on both side when turning as sharp as you could. I currently have Mickey Thompson 26x7.5 Sportsman front tire on the car. They rub the same tubes. I've used steel heads, 440 source stealth and now Trick Flow 240 heads. Front end height will determine how much they rub as well, the lower the front end of the car, the worse they will rub.

On a street car with 2" Hookers even a 25.5" diameter will rub depending on road condition. A D78-14" was fine for general cruising. Rubbing issues occurred mainly on the passenger side on tight right turns, especially turning into an uphill driveway at a slow speed. I don't recall the driver side near as bad.
upload_2021-11-1_9-2-12.png

I use 165-80 R 15 now. Same scenario.

-
Back