Fenderwell's, or under chassi

-
Dude ... I was just kidding about the MVR. Just wanted some info on your inner fender panel support.

well what ever... heres the situation, i dont know you & you dont know me. Then you ask me a question & if i give you the answer you'll be able to track me down. Like i said before, we dont know each other so dont ask questions like that.

Tony, relax. I read it as a joke. A real computer geek can track anybody down and if he is one that goes this far as to track you down to report your car as unsafe, you have a great law suite against him and enuff evidnce (SP) to hand him a hurting in his wallet.

You also have a car that has been there and done that. So I'd call it OK to drive. If your car can handle the mods made, be it street or track or both, you can prove it.

If it is against the law, what is the worst that can happen? They make you weld up the braces to a bar?

Your carrieing on about this for little reason.

well, Newbie here. I say if you don't like fenderwells than go with undies. I have fenderwells in one of mine and hugs in the other. the fenderwells cause heat issues with the carb in traffic "and paint on hood" and the undies on the other won't let me over a speed bump...and hit all the suspension components. Probably not much help was i

A couple pics of a car with fenderwells.
It's for sale.

dump truck 008.jpg

dump truck 012.jpg

dump truck 013.jpg

dump truck 014.jpg

heres a 1964 b body with partial fenderwells
the car runs 11.40's with trans brake

b1eb9a05.jpg

0bb53bb0.jpg

I have had Schumaker, CPPA, and fenderwell headers on Darts, Barracudas and currently my Duster.

I had some problems with tire clearance like many have pointed out with FWs. And, watch out for those speed bumps. They rattled on the floor board or master cylinder when the car was idling. And, people would eh and awe about those huge headers ramping up and then out the fenderwells. A little awe factor...for some.

Actually, in going with the newer lightweight master cyl I had the adapter slotted a bit so I could move the MC up away from the header. It bought me about 1/3 of an inch. I also moved the motor back about 1 inch to help with tire clearence. It still rubs a little, but I've got tall tires up front.

I didn't like having to remove the drivers side CPPAs to replace the starter.

I also didn't like the fact that the underchassis headers would melt my B&M shifter cable. I finally used a special cover to protect the cable, but what a pain.

The Schumaker Tri Ys were ok for a step between stock exhaust manis and a real header....

So, like many have said before, stock or street use exhaust manis or Schumakers, street strip - it's depends on what you are willing to give up. Strip - fenderwells are the way to go...

My 2 ¢...

stuff 110.JPG

stuff 158.JPG

I have had Schumaker, CPPA, and fenderwell headers on Darts, Barracudas and currently my Duster.

I had some problems with tire clearance like many have pointed out with FWs. And, watch out for those speed bumps. They rattled on the floor board or master cylinder when the car was idling. And, people would eh and awe about those huge headers ramping up and then out the fenderwells. A little awe factor...for some.

Actually, in going with the newer lightweight master cyl I had the adapter slotted a bit so I could move the MC up away from the header. It bought me about 1/3 of an inch. I also moved the motor back about 1 inch to help with tire clearence. It still rubs a little, but I've got tall tires up front.

I didn't like having to remove the drivers side CPPAs to replace the starter.

I also didn't like the fact that the underchassis headers would melt my B&M shifter cable. I finally used a special cover to protect the cable, but what a pain.

The Schumaker Tri Ys were ok for a step between stock exhaust manis and a real header....

So, like many have said before, stock or street use exhaust manis or Schumakers, street strip - it's depends on what you are willing to give up. Strip - fenderwells are the way to go...

My 2 ¢...

How did you move the motor back 1", and how did you fix the tranny mount so it would line up?
Also how big of a tire did you fit up front.
I've got Hooker fenderwell headers AND Pro Parts headers. Like you said they both have there pros and cons, and being that I'm running a Low block it adds even more possible clearance issues.
When I bought my Duster the inner fenders were already cut to clear the Hookers, but I got 26" tall M/T front tires I want to run.

-
Back