Fenderwell's, or under chassi

-
Well Phil I am going to say fenderwell headers for a race car and under for street cars. I don't know why but I just think of fender wells as race headers.

But I know what this is realy about. You have a secret fender well header club that you don't want any one to join don't you? LOL

Well Phil I am going to say fenderwell headers for a race car and under for street cars. I don't know why but I just think of fender wells as race headers.

But I know what this is realy about. You have a secret fender well header club that you don't want any one to join don't you? LOL

LMAO!

I couldn't agree more, I guess thats what bugs me about fenderwells is that some ( not all ) of the car owners with fenderwells think there car is a fast nuts racecar, just cause it has fenderwells. If its a street car=underchassi. if its a street strip car, again I would do underchassi, if it is a Race porpose only car, i would do Fenderwells.

I had to say that last part, otherwise they'll kick me out of the group!
No just kidding Fenderwells for race porpose, agreed!

It was interesting to see the 340 with fenderwells on here, I thought that they were a BB thing.

that brings up another thing, has anyone seen fenderwells on anything other than an A body? I am just wondering..I haven't. and don't start surfiong the net just to post a pic.

Phil

PS, I'll be back, I gotta go to my FFHO group ;)

Not just an A body thing.

I have a big block B body with hacked up inners from someone running fenderwell headers.

108-0849_IMG.jpg

interesting.

I have just never seen it. Don't understand it either. Don't understand alot though:read2:

I kinda like the fenderwells, but then "there's nothing I like more than the smell of new paint frying in the morning dew, and of course, napalm"

IMGP1082.JPG

Nothing looks better than nice clean headers going through nice clean, custom fender well cut outs.

Nothing looks worse that rusty, painted headers going through torch or tin snip cut fender well cut outs.

underchassis. with the exhuast under the car and out the back to the bumper. those short *** tires tony has on his dart arent even d.o.t. aproved street tires, pretty sure the 3.5" rims arent either. i know you need short tires to run fenderwell headers but id be replacing those tires and probably rims at least once a year around here.

I was going to to MVR run on you.

There is another current post about fenderwell/shock tower bracing. Seems like the concensus is that you need both. You have neither. Are you getting any flex where frame rail meets body? I just did a MII install and removed the factory inner fender panels and replaced with straight sheet metal. Thanks.

With an MII, you have to get rid of the shock towers, etc.

The reason you would keep the panels and or some kind of brace is to avoid any flex between the body and the framerails that could lead to catastophic failure.

You don't feel safe on the site or in your car?

Just kidding about the lic plate. I just thought it a bid paranoid to cover them with a rag.

You don't feel safe on the site or in your car?

Just kidding about the lic plate. I just thought it a bid paranoid to cover them with a rag.

Im deleting all my posts because of you, its a bit paranoid when somebody wants to track you down

-
Back