Fiat + Chrysler

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
Fiat Just Bought Into Chrysler. No Cash Just 35% Of The Stock. They Are Going To Share Small Car Platforms & Engines.

so lets see here. chrysler was a german car from what 98 to 07. an american car from 07 to 09. man that didn't last long. so then there were two...

so lets see here. chrysler was a german car from what 98 to 07. an american car from 07 to 09. man that didn't last long. so then there were two...

Still a majority American company.

I can just hear they ads - come on Fix It Again Tony, it Drops Oil and Drips Grease Everywhere!! :toothy10: :toothy10:

So sad..yet another reason why i drive an American made American based company Ford truck...

So sad..yet another reason why i drive an American made American based company Ford truck...

ITS OPINIONS & NON-DODGE BRAND PEOPLE WHO ARE CAUSING THE CHRYSLER PROBLEM. I'M A DIEHARD MOPAR MAN & WILL NOT DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE! MY FLEET OF FORD SERVICE TRUCKS (NOT MY CHOICE) COST ME A $130,000.00 IN REPAIRS LAST YEAR IN REPAIRS. THIS IS 8 TRUCKS. I SEE NO EXCUSE TO DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE WHEN MY MFG. OF CHOICE PROVIDES A SUPERIOR PRODUCT! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WANT A MOPAR MUSCLE CAR & DRIVE A BRAND X VEHICLE. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION & I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WANT A MOPAR MUSCLE CAR & DRIVE A BRAND X VEHICLE.

because most of the time that mopar muscle car is just a toy and not driven daily. for a daily driver they want qulity,realibility, good gas mileage
and good resale value. and for allot of those people a chrysler product doesn't fit in that catagory.

i can tell you i was just out looking for a new car. ended up not wanting to pay the money for a new car so we started to look at used. we really wanted a camry or accord after driving them but damn a 07 with 20 or so thousand miles is going for $2K under new. and the new ones you get a better interest rate on. we ended up with a 2007 dodge magnum with 17K miles on it. yes we liked the car but i would have been allot more comfortable with the toyota or honda but being the dodge lost so much value in 2 years and the price is where we wanted thats the way we went. i don't consider a 98 to 07 chrysler product an american car either. its a german car as far as i'm concerned.

I think It Sucks that an American company has to join forces with a non American company to survive.

Having said that it could have been worse, like GM (gutting Chrysler) or an Asian company. Not to mention being history all together.

As far as foreign brands, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Maserati , and Fiat (All the same company) certainly aren't the worst.

They probably see it as revenge for gettin the butts whopped by the Viper in F2 Racing. Or maybe respect because they don't want Chrysler to fail.

ITS OPINIONS & NON-DODGE BRAND PEOPLE WHO ARE CAUSING THE CHRYSLER PROBLEM. I'M A DIEHARD MOPAR MAN & WILL NOT DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE! MY FLEET OF FORD SERVICE TRUCKS (NOT MY CHOICE) COST ME A $130,000.00 IN REPAIRS LAST YEAR IN REPAIRS. THIS IS 8 TRUCKS. I SEE NO EXCUSE TO DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE WHEN MY MFG. OF CHOICE PROVIDES A SUPERIOR PRODUCT! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WANT A MOPAR MUSCLE CAR & DRIVE A BRAND X VEHICLE. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION & I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

not in my driveway

trucks002 (Small).jpg

you know I love my old dodge truck 1500/2002 but man the things that you have to deal with ..1 dash crack in the middle form not being uv protected,no recall 2 window stop working on the pass/and the back doors,oh work when they get ready 3trans start to give problems have the fuild changed ans problem goin right,not so fast , about 1500/2000 miles trans does the same thing sould I change fuilds and filters every 1500/2000 miles no way..I love my truck have had alot of old mopars for my age 36yrs old 74 cuda 4speed,68 sat.,79 dodge truck,and a 87dodge ..now it would have been okay if ma mopar would fix something on the trans problem cause everybody and there grandma has the problem for 45,000 miles up as I have seen....then theres a site that has a write up on dodge how they know that they have problems butt want fix them...now I am a dodge man....

I am right with you brother. i will not buy brand X at all thats all i have every had was a mopar till the day i die....

ITS OPINIONS & NON-DODGE BRAND PEOPLE WHO ARE CAUSING THE CHRYSLER PROBLEM. I'M A DIEHARD MOPAR MAN & WILL NOT DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE! MY FLEET OF FORD SERVICE TRUCKS (NOT MY CHOICE) COST ME A $130,000.00 IN REPAIRS LAST YEAR IN REPAIRS. THIS IS 8 TRUCKS. I SEE NO EXCUSE TO DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE WHEN MY MFG. OF CHOICE PROVIDES A SUPERIOR PRODUCT! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WANT A MOPAR MUSCLE CAR & DRIVE A BRAND X VEHICLE. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION & I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT

Everybody Talks About The Toyotas & Hondas, On How Dependable They Are. I Worked For A Toyota Dealer For 4-years As A Service Writer. I Have Seen The So Called Dependability. I Even Bought A New Dodge Truck While There, Might As Well, They Were Using A 3/4 Ton V-10 Dodge To Haul Dealer Trades With. We Had Our Share Of Buy-back Lemon Camerys, Trouble Prone Cars, Hard To Duplicate Problem Cars & Trucks. One Thing That I Did See Is The Average Import Owner Will Spend Money To Maintain Their Car, You Won't See That In A Domestic Dealership. Maybe They Are Just Better Mantained. When I Bought My New Sport, A Salesman Had Bought A New Tundra. He Told Me That I Would Regrett Buying The Dodge. Well After 2 Front Differentials, 1 Set Of Cams, A Engine Wiring Harness & Multiple Little Concerns. All This For His Tundra! I Would Just Go Up To The Show Room & Remind Him That My Dodge Had Never Been Back To The Dealer. He Would Just Flip Me Off. As For Holding Value, I Have Been Looking For A Bargain On A Used Charger Or 300. I Havn't Found One Yet. I Have Owned Several Chrysler Products Over The Years & I Have Only Had One That Had Concerns, A 1987 V-6 Mini Van. The Problem Was The Imported Engine. Who Cares About Resale, If You Are Going To Drive It For A Few Years. A Ten Year Old Car Is Just That, A Ten Year Old Car. No Matter What Brand It Is.
Sorry To Rant, Its Been One Of Those Days. (new Boss)

I am right with you brother. i will not buy brand X at all thats all i have every had was a mopar till the day i die....

Ditto. Beside the cars/projects in my signature, wife drives either an 07 Liberty or 97 AWD Caravan depending on her mood and I drive either a 93 Dakota or a 95 Cherokee RHD mail Jeep depending on if I'm working (part-time rural mail carrier).

Oh, Christ. Brings back memories of the AMC/Renault thing:pukerigh: God help us.
Hey, easy there. I have fond memories of Renaults. I`ve owned 2, a 65 R8 and a 67 R10. They were the neetest, so ugly they were cute, biggest POS to roam the planet:cheers:The funniest part was watching a station attendant walk around the car at least twice to find the gas cap:-D in the engine compartment. I hated to get rid of the 65, but decided to let her go when I went to jack it up and watch the interior rise, and the car not! ha. Best part,, 52 MPG!!!!!

Le Mopar...
Fiat- no frenchie there
Whatever it takes to keep ol chrysler alive and well. As long as engineering and design stays in the states. Lately they`ve been putting out some cool looking cars, they just need to get their prices down. I`m guilty of owning mopars only as toys. When I decided to upgrade my (let me rest) 68 f350, I priced the new chassie cab dodges, 30 K . priced Ford, not much better. bought GMC 3500 B block loaded, orderd to my spec. + aluminum stake body bed, head+tail board. 24 K.. No big issues Yet. My brother bought a new Quad cab Cummins dually 1 ton and soon after had the rear end replaced. otherwise than that he loves it. He always busts my chops about my Mopar, "he`s a pontiac nut", And I have to remind him of his 69 firechicken, still sits, after starting restoration, "early 90`s" and I`ve been driving my cuda since 97. And also remind him "Whats that big silver thing in your drive" LOL That shuts him up! LOL. Below was my 65 R8, 53 f100, and what my dad crused around in when I was still a twinkel in moms eye!!

others.jpg

Ditto. Beside the cars/projects in my signature, wife drives either an 07 Liberty or 97 AWD Caravan depending on her mood and I drive either a 93 Dakota or a 95 Cherokee RHD mail Jeep depending on if I'm working (part-time rural mail carrier).

Amen brother. Its like this hupla about this new president he is nothintg but a puppit.

You brand loyal guys make me laugh:toothy10::toothy10:..i bet your whole family drives a mopar,all your t-shirts are mopar,and you've got mopar underwear on... i buy what i feel is the best vehicle for ME as long as its an American company producing it..daily driver/tow vehicle Ford truck for MY money and the way its treated me its one of the best vehicles i've ever owned,now for kick *** street/strip Mopar of coarse:-D
And damn my duster looks good on the back of that truck!!!

Everybody Talks About The Toyotas & Hondas, On How Dependable They Are. I Worked For A Toyota Dealer For 4-years As A Service Writer. I Have Seen The So Called Dependability. I Even Bought A New Dodge Truck While There, Might As Well, They Were Using A 3/4 Ton V-10 Dodge To Haul Dealer Trades With. We Had Our Share Of Buy-back Lemon Camerys, Trouble Prone Cars, Hard To Duplicate Problem Cars & Trucks. One Thing That I Did See Is The Average Import Owner Will Spend Money To Maintain Their Car, You Won't See That In A Domestic Dealership. Maybe They Are Just Better Mantained. When I Bought My New Sport, A Salesman Had Bought A New Tundra. He Told Me That I Would Regrett Buying The Dodge. Well After 2 Front Differentials, 1 Set Of Cams, A Engine Wiring Harness & Multiple Little Concerns. All This For His Tundra! I Would Just Go Up To The Show Room & Remind Him That My Dodge Had Never Been Back To The Dealer. He Would Just Flip Me Off. As For Holding Value, I Have Been Looking For A Bargain On A Used Charger Or 300. I Havn't Found One Yet. I Have Owned Several Chrysler Products Over The Years & I Have Only Had One That Had Concerns, A 1987 V-6 Mini Van. The Problem Was The Imported Engine. Who Cares About Resale, If You Are Going To Drive It For A Few Years. A Ten Year Old Car Is Just That, A Ten Year Old Car. No Matter What Brand It Is.
Sorry To Rant, Its Been One Of Those Days. (new Boss)

Agreed. The Asian manufacturers whopped *** in the 1980's, but the American manufacturers caught up through 1990's. By now most cars, no matter who makes it, are about equally dependable (with exceptions, of course.) The problem is that most North American people still view the Asian car as superior even though it is not.

One more thing... how many Japanese people in Japan do you think would buy an American car? That's right... almost none. We, as North Americans, need to change our attitudes about ALL the products we buy.

for a daily driver they want qulity,realibility, good gas mileage
:toothy10:
DSC00972.jpg

DSC04604.jpg

Cheaper than a new car, better gas mileage than my neighbors new BMW, easier and cheaper to fix than a new car and more fun to drive :toothy10:

As for brand loyalty... I own a ford, I own a ford neener neener neener!!!!:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

100_2830.jpg

-
Back