Fiberglass fenders- junk

-
Cawley I never did receive the information fro Show Cars. But today I crawled under the Barracuda to look for any tags on the parts. They were there. I found stickers that were labeled STINGER FIBERGLASS. So although I ordered through ShowCars, someone else did make my parts. I went online and found that Stinger Fiberglass is now affiliated with AAR Fiberglass. That would explain why mine fit so well. Their description in the catalog even says that the '69 side marker indentation is there as mine were.

http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/catalog/632

Cawley I never did receive the information fro Show Cars. But today I crawled under the Barracuda to look for any tags on the parts. They were there. I found stickers that were labeled STINGER FIBERGLASS. So although I ordered through ShowCars, someone else did make my parts. I went online and found that Stinger Fiberglass is now affiliated with AAR Fiberglass. That would explain why mine fit so well. Their description in the catalog even says that the '69 side marker indentation is there as mine were.

http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/catalog/632
mmm interesting he called me & left a message he said hes gona look at the pics again to see what can be done He also said about making me another fender. Think I should mention the stinger brand ?

mmm interesting he called me & left a message he said hes gona look at the pics again to see what can be done He also said about making me another fender. Think I should mention the stinger brand ?

I don't know if that would help or not. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/member.php?u=202megajoltman had said they sometimes used a company called T & N also. So I'm wondering if they do make their own parts. If you can find out whether or not they're acting as a middle man for other manufacturers, then you could request they exchange the one they sent you for one from Stinger Fiberglass.

If someone like AMD would just stamp some from end body parts for the 67-69 Barracudas, few would have to resort to fiberglass. They would be complex and expensive stampings, but in my opinion fiberglass body parts should be reserved for race cars.

Yea I would love to have steel but guys want a million for junk that needs work. So im goin fg. Yea 67cuda ill have to say something to him when & if he calls again. I put a set of fg fenders on a 70 charger that I had & I love them you couldn't tell the diff.

Yea I would love to have steel but guys want a million for junk that needs work. So im goin fg. Yea 67cuda ill have to say something to him when & if he calls again. I put a set of fg fenders on a 70 charger that I had & I love them you couldn't tell the diff.

I really was surprised that you didn't receive the same fenders that I did. The new steel repop fenders from AMD fit really well on our Charger, but these fiberglass fenders I got fit even better on the Barracuda. - Still keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope the guy at ShowCars doesn't drag this out too long before letting you know how he'll get things sorted out (if he does).

Maybe if he doesn't get you a decent replacement, some of us members can play phone tag with him. - Saying that we each were looking forward to seeing how good they were going to look because we were looking to order fenders. And then asking if we'd have the same bad luck. Maybe the guy would see that he needs to make things right to prevent losing future business.

I really was surprised that you didn't receive the same fenders that I did. The new steel repop fenders from AMD fit really well on our Charger, but these fiberglass fenders I got fit even better on the Barracuda. - Still keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope the guy at ShowCars doesn't drag this out too long before letting you know how he'll get things sorted out (if he does).
I have feeling that's gona be a long hall. Its a shame because he would've gottin more business from me. Not to mention I would've mentioned his name & where I got the fenders to any one.

I have feeling that's gona be a long hall. Its a shame because he would've gottin more business from me. Not to mention I would've mentioned his name & where I got the fenders to any one.

I was considering getting more parts through them also. At least I was until I saw what they sent you.

I like the phone tag idea. "strength in numbers" Come to think of it all I got with the fender was a shipping receipt. ? ? My phone is a prepaid & it cost a lot (for me) to call Canada. If it didn't he would get a phone call from me every day. I would be like a bad tooth LOL:violent1:

Well let him know, you have a thread started here with lots of interested people. I am a fan of fiberglass (it doesn't rust out!). (my dart is all steel and duct tape though).

Well let him know, you have a thread started here with lots of interested people. I am a fan of fiberglass (it doesn't rust out!). (my dart is all steel and duct tape though).

- Glad that you're expressing interest in this thread sazzlefrats. Well cawley, just keep us informed on whether or not you're able to get any satisfaction from ShowCars. I'm ready to call and start the ball rolling. If I do talk to them I won't say anything to them that would lead them directly to this site. I'll say that I've read about your concerns and seen pics of your fender on some 'Mopar sites'.

- Glad that you're expressing interest in this thread sazzlefrats. Well cawley, just keep us informed on whether or not you're able to get any satisfaction from ShowCars. I'm ready to call and start the ball rolling. If I do talk to them I won't say anything to them that would lead them directly to this site. I'll say that I've read about your concerns and seen pics of your fender on some 'Mopar sites'.

He just called. He wanted more pictures of the problem areas. I told him about a friend that bought fenders from him with the name stinger on them. He called stinger & a price from them. I thought he was gona order one from them, but he said they were to expensive. No names were given. I don't know what his intentions are, he wouldn't say. He wouldn't say whether he was gona give my money back or send me another fender. He just kept asking what was wrong, why it wouldn't fit & what I thought could be done to it to make it fit better. The saga continues lol

If there is a phone # on your debit card that's the one to call. Banks are just the servers usually and its either mastercard or visa that does the processing/chargebacks. You may have more power than you think. Even talking to the fender company about a charge back may get you a result. Best of luck.

If there is a phone # on your debit card that's the one to call. Banks are just the servers usually and its either mastercard or visa that does the processing/chargebacks. You may have more power than you think. Even talking to the fender company about a charge back may get you a result. Best of luck.
Ill give it a try. It cant hurt, Thanks for the info.

Let him know over 1045 people have viewed this posting and are waiting to see what he does. Best of luck.

Well I tried the number that's on the back of the card & its the same bank name that I got the card from. It was a dead end. Still haven't heard anything from rob "show cars"

Well, I haven't heard anything for a while now. So I just sent him an email (he seems to respond to them ) & I didn't want to but I got a little nasty. I told him how many people that are fallowing this & are waiting to see how it turns out. I didn't give him the name of this site. I told him that it is a mopar site that has people from all over the world. It probably wont do any good. Ill let you all know if any thing breaks LOL:director:

Rob got back to me & he wants me to fix the fender so it will fit. What do you think ? Now remember I do all my own body work, so what do you think it would cost if I had a body shop do my work. Plus I payed $525.00 for this fender.:wack:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 005.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 008.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 009.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 123
  • 012.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 135
  • 001.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 010.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 150
I dunno, 2 hours per contact point that needs modification per piece? Cowl, rocker, rad support. More if there is not enough material and you have to re-fiberglass the area. I hope he plans to give you a good chunk of your money back.

Man, that fender looks like a 5 year old made it! Sorry for your luck on this but good to get the info out there on this piss-poor company and their sh*tty products.

You would have been better off with a used steel one that needed work than that POS.

That's a hard question to answer. If you were to take it to a shop for an estimate I think you'd find that most shops wouldn't want to touch it.

That upper door gap does look like you could grind off some to gain clearance but it also appears to need to be built back up on that corner.

If it will be too flimsy overall, then you're looking at possibly having to add another layer of fiberglass to the inside of the whole thing.

Whether or not you can get the body lines to line up is probably going to be the biggest issue. Are you going to have to reinforce it to get it to maintain the correct shape?

With all of the work needed to make it satisfactory you're going to have a fair amount of time invested. It may not be impossible but definitely going to be a lot of work.

I don't imagine they'd ever take it back once you start trying to repair it either. Before I'd start on it (if you decide to) I'd be very careful about assessing whether or not you believe you can get it right. It's really hard to make that call looking at the pictures. - And I think you should take a LOT of pictures of each of the problem areas as you try to fix them. I'd also want some kind of documentation of what type of restitution they're willing to make.

Man, that fender looks like a 5 year old made it! Sorry for your luck on this but good to get the info out there on this piss-poor company and their sh*tty products.

You would have been better off with a used steel one that needed work than that POS.
You wana hear a kick in the ***, a couple of weeks ago I found a good fender on moparts for the same price

I didn't even get pics of the rest of the problem areas. Im between a rock & a hard place because the fenders are the only things keeping me from paint. I want to try to fix it but im afraid to just incase he wants it back.

-
Back