Filler primer

-

tony20110

Reaction score
I bought eastwood epoxy primer with catalyst for the first couple shots of primer than I am going to wet sand and shoot filler primer.

What brand filler primer have you had good results from? Any I should avoid?

Thanks FABO!

I have had very good luck with Southern Polyurethane's products. Excellent customer service, good pricing, quality product. I've used everything but there basecoats and they have all worked very well for me

I have had very good luck with Southern Polyurethane's products. Excellent customer service, good pricing, quality product. I've used everything but there basecoats and they have all worked very well for me

X2! Their epoxy is fantastic and I spray NOTHING but their clears. For an overall show car type job I use the Universal Clear. Goes on like glass and buffs like a dream. Follow their "show car finish" directions and you'll be very happy. Barry is an amazing guy, as well as all of his staff.

I will try answering the question the best I can with out pics and vague info concerning metal straightness and condition.......

After ya get two coats of epoxy down let it sit over nite then tack rag following with 3 wet coats of urethane primer if the vehicle is straight and ready for final blocking. Stay in the recoat and forget sanding the epoxy if ya can help it. The chemical adhesion will be fine without sanding. And don't depend on epoxy to sub for high build please.
Hope this answered your questions concerning your primer in hand and what to use on top of the epoxy. Try to stay within the system if possible. Good Luck :glasses7:

PCL filler primer here. About 70-80 a gallon,awesome stuff. Don't shoot it with your final coat gun.Use a cheaper gun instead.

PCL.... Tell me more. Never heard of it. 4:1? How many mils? Just wondering.

Yes 2.0 minimum. I have a quart stashed. I'll dig up mixing info tomorrow.

Went out,to answer another question anyway.As by instructions, not reduced. Uses M.E.K.P,as the catalyst.(fiberglass resin hardener). Add a 1/4 of the 2 .oz tube,per quart. It CAN be reduced, by pure acetone. I have done so,up to 2 parts primer,to one part acetone. This stuff fills low spots,plugs guns QUICKLY. Closest I can compare to,the old PPG K200.

Ok. Sounds like Slick Sand polyester primer. Thanks. Shot a truckload. 2.2 for me.

Tried some USC Eliminator polyester primer last month. Nice and the price was right so bought 3 gallons. Ha! 58 bucks a pop. Go figger.

I use transtar quick prime. If I do another car though I would use a Polyester primer.
Expoxy, Poly then lots of blocking. A few coats of 2K and for wet sanding.

Used to Pcl.We stock,Transtar. I'll give it,a go. Thanks Adam.

I liked the summit racing line filler primer. It was affordable and sanded easily. Granted im a noob at body work but seemed to fit the bill for me. After all its just gonna end up on the floor.

X2! Their epoxy is fantastic and I spray NOTHING but their clears. For an overall show car type job I use the Universal Clear. Goes on like glass and buffs like a dream. Follow their "show car finish" directions and you'll be very happy. Barry is an amazing guy, as well as all of his staff.

x3

-
Back