Finally did it - here's the new Go Wing installed

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I bought this repop Go Wing from a FABO member. It was installed but the car never moved, so he sold it to me with the bracketry. I bought the templates from First Place Auto Products and the whole thing sat in my garage all winter. Today the trunk was cut to fit the brackets and holes drilled through the deck. No going back now. Like it or not, it is on for good. I am not sure I like it. I hope it will grow on me, but right now I am wishing I hadn't done it. What do you think?

View attachment Go Wing left rear.jpg

View attachment Go Wing left side.jpg

View attachment Go Wing rear view.jpg

View attachment Go Wing right side.jpg

Looks good.
I have debated the same thing over and over.
I think they look better on a standard dart with the flat trunk than a sport.
I have an original one with mounts in my living room closet for 20 years, and have never installed it.
I kinda like the clean lines of a mopar rear on the duster/dart sport.

Throw one of Randy's spoilers on the front and it would really set things off.

I really think it works good on your car with the scoop and wheel it looks good.
My brother inlaw had one on his charger and it gave me a place to set a wobbly pop.
Yep! I like it. :cheers:

Thanks guys. I am on the fence, but then I wasn't sure I liked the scoop and black hood at first and now I love it. Maybe I'll grow into this too.

Throw one of Randy's spoilers on the front and it would really set things off.

Dude, you were in my head.

I totally agree... great looking car, ..personally, I'd drop the rear end down a few inches so it's level with the front.. not a fan of the 80's style jacked up rear end. ... otherwise - great looking car, wing included!

If I did anything I would jack the front up. I spent a lot of money to get the rear off the ground. I like the jacked up look, though. I am happy with it, and it is settling down a bit now that the springs have some miles on them.

i like it. i think it all looks period correct. now if you had 17" wheels and low profile tires with a cowl hood and some crazy stripes then it would be too much. like i said its still pretty subtle and looks like it belongs there. i like it with your scoop the best. it would look wrong with a hemi scoop.

Gotta go with the Majority. Looks great with the Scoop. It looks like it could have been brought home from the show room just like it sits. I want to put scoops on my Dart but I would get a 2nd hood to cut up and hang this one in my garage.

I never liked em to be honest... but it's your car so you get to do what YOU want! :)

Looks badass. I would keep it. But I like scoops and wings. I agree that if you keep it you should get a chin spoiler too

I like it! I have one on the shelf for my 71 project. I have one on my 70 Challenger, but I went a little bigger with the wing on my 69 Charger (-: I guess I am a little partial to the wings!

Did mine last year. Was not sure if I would like it. It has grown on me and I do like it.

Attachments

• i18097.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 215
I think the wing and the black hood look perfect! I kinda wish I had the snorkle scoop coming for my Demon instead of a 6 pack AAR hood (pin on). My 71 Demon has a go wing trunk lid and I want a wing for it. Is that one you have fiberglass or the ABS version?

I like the stance but think there should be more back tire filling up the wheelwell if you can keep that stance with it (lower springs?).

Sireland67, wana sell me your wing?

-
Back