Finally figured it out!! Prototype underway!!

-
because someone already did lt....lol ...i'll Subscribe!

Attachments

• 540551632_77b423d1e2_z.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 412
Whatever it is , if it's good will be copied in a week or two for less than you can make it for. Thus pushing you out of business before you make a dime. Better apply for a patent

Have seen this many times in the motorcycle industry. Somebody comes up with something cool, spends the $$ to develop and patent and in no time a copy with a different screw in it gets it past the patent. One minute change and a patent becomes useless. A lot of good guys get burnt. Wish you well though

Seriously, who does that???

"Hey, guess what, have something for your car....but I can't tell you what it is.....". If this was real, why wouldn't you keep it to yourself until you have said patent (just a crazy thought).

I bet we will soon see a message, "I need money to get this venture off the ground, please send me 20 bucks and you can be part owner in the Mystery Marvel Super-de-duper Go Fast Part!!".

....My cynical side showing....I'll stop typing now.

Lol y'all crack me up. That's all I will say. I had a big paragraph, but decided to erase it bc it really doesn't matter... I would never ask anyone for some stupid donation, or for a partner to help with it... I work much faster and better alone. But its OK... Go a head and knock the little guy... " And you wonder and complain about all the junk from China.. Hmmmm". But just don't forget.. You wouldn't have any part on your engine without that guy that thought of something in that one horse town..

I'm also not drinking the Kool Aid!

This reminds me of a kid I went to school with as a child. Always coming up with this "I got a pet dinosaur for my birthday, but I can't show you." routine. It just screams "Look at me!".

Know what this screams to me? That you can't stand for someone to know something and you not know what it is also. There are reasons for not handing out blue prints of every idea... Like a head porter will say " I can make those heads flow 50cfm more" and he most likely can, but he isn't going to tell you how to do it yourself. Go ask Steve gulich to show you all his secrets. He won't. And I don't have it completely made yet so I'm not going to say what it is yet. This post just see's if people are wanting new things or are open to new ideas other than opening a summit catalog and ordering the name brand that makes more for Chevy than it does for Mopar.

Here is some narrowing info for you.
It has to do with timing, not going to specify ignition or mechanical timing tho, sorry
Oh also it had nothing to do with my build at all.. So that's a waist of time there lol. Totally 2 different topics that I have posted... Non relative.

So, an adjustable cam gear huh?! Makes sense. It'd save a lot of time dialing in the power band.

Great ideas aren't hard to come up with. Truly original ideas are.

In all seriousness though, don't get all butt hurt because somebody is skeptical of your claim. Prove them wrong instead of retorting with potentially false assumptions.

Matt, have you ever had anything patented? The reason I ask is because, like others have mentioned, sometimes it's fairly easy for someone to plagiarize your idea, make a subtle change, and then go about mass producing "their" idea. These are savvy crooks that have some connections and will lawyer up big time. You may not win.

That being said, I know a man that invented, designed, and manufactured his product. His idea was "produce and sell them as fast as possible so as to get the jump in the market because it's going to get copied, slightly changed (now their concept) and sold to mass merchants.

Can you possibly sell your idea to one of the biggies in the industry? Let them (with their deep pockets) do the marketing.

I don't know if this means I'm gullible or not but I'm subscribed. I hope this isn't going to be another automated chicken plucker. I've already got two of them in the closet I've never used.

Matt, have you ever had anything patented? The reason I ask is because, like others have mentioned, sometimes it's fairly easy for someone to plagiarize your idea, make a subtle change, and then go about mass producing "their" idea. These are savvy crooks that have some connections and will lawyer up big time. You may not win.

That being said, I know a man that invented, designed, and manufactured his product. His idea was "produce and sell them as fast as possible so as to get the jump in the market because it's going to get copied, slightly changed (now their concept) and sold to mass merchants.

Can you possibly sell your idea to one of the biggies in the industry? Let them (with their deep pockets) do the marketing.

It's not really a bad idea. Pockets deep enough to file US and foreign patents to protect the product. A US patent is just that, protects in the US against duplication nowhere else.

Possible yes, but I won't.
See its not about the money for me. I mean ya I definitely need to make more than I do , and I plan on it, but its the actual construction and making/building that I love to do. I'm not trying to get rich. I'm just slowly making plans to be able to do what I love to do and make a living. But not merely on this one thing.
I've ran a shop before, well actually 2 "owned/operated 1" and I know how to make them successful. My plans are to open a shop again when I move back to Florida.
There are 2 types of automotive shops.
#1 normal repair shop that does anything from oil changes to engine and transmission replacements. And they stop there. And happy with it.
#2 the shop that starts as a repair shop and then offers specific type work also, ie. Transmission overhauls or differential and axle work. But they don't stop there. They keep expanding and adding. And after about 10yrs-15yrs they do it all , anything from simple timing belt jobs to in house machine shop work and custom engine building.. See where I'm going with this...

The more angles you have to your business the greater you will succeed and grow and the wider your clientele is which means more customers.

I am wanting my shop to be a repair shop that also has a high performance side to it and also offer custom high performance parts that give the advantage over others and be a Mopar oriented shop... Not strictly only Mopar but one that is built on and ran by Mopar people and knowledge. Most shops with any high performance aspects are GM or blue oval people.

Of course none of it is a overnight process.

It has to do with timing

My guess would be variable valve timing. From memory Alfa Romeo used oil pressure to retard the intake timing as the rpm increased. I've often thought about designing something that would fit onto the front of the cam that would do some thing similar as theres enough space. Similar to a distributor advance i guess

What chryslers need is a way to adjust the cam timing without having to pull the front timing cover totally off. Imagine if you could just pull the water pump and the back of the water pump housing/ timing cover off to get to the timing chain and advance or retard the timing as needed.

Hysteric

-
Back