FInally got moving on my 64 Barracuda!!

-
Ok, been back at it, this one inner fender has devoured about 15 hours of my time recently, but finally finished up with it, for now, today, final primer on the inner fender, now to move on to other areas.

FF

Attachments

• DSC02208.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC02209.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC02210.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 323
So,. beautiful day out today, dragged the ol car outside in the sun for the first time in years!! Power-washed some of the grime off of it, and got working on the front floor p[an. I got this re-pop from somewhere, it's decent, but I'll have to massage it to get it to work. You can see the homemade pan someone did long ago in a galaxy far far away!!

Once I removed it it became apparent that the former floor pan replacer had a love for spray foam.

unfortunately, this is as far as it gets today as I just got called out to go to work!!!

FF

Attachments

• sheesh.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 269
  • replacement.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 250
  • floor.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 289
  • car.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 277
THis thread shows the spottiness of my working on this monstrous project.

I last did anything substantial 2 years ago, but did a construction project on my house which drank up the available funds.

Then last year, my father's health was declining, and I spent a lot of time at his place helping him out, and time for the car was minimal.

This year, for the first few months, I was in training for walking a half marathon in Pittsburgh, which I did AND completed. I was tentatively going to sign up for 2 more 1/2 marathons, but it hit me, all the time I would use to train is the free time I would NOT be devoting to the car. I decided to forego the half marathons in favor of trying to get the beast far enough along to come off of the rotisserie later this year. A considerable task, but an achievable task, I hope.

FF

A few pics of the work I did today.

First is the rough opening on the passenger side front floor, then the next pic is the trimmed opening.

The third pic is the replacement floor pan screwed down temporarily, so I could mard the underside where the frame rails are, and also where the opening is, so I can trim the replacement before flanging it and punching the holes for the plug weld.

I then used a flap wheel on an angle grinder to remove all foreign particles on any surface where the new will be welded to the old, and coated it in weld0thru primer.

Next is to clean the debris out of the iunside of the frame rails, and coat it well with a rust preventer.

I wish I knew how to caption each and every picture individually, but have tried, to no avail.

Thanks

FF

Attachments

• uncut.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 246
  • cut.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 266
  • temp.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 230
  • primed.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 245
Well, it's with mixed emotions that I am announcing the end of this project.

Someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse for the car..well...95% of the car, that is.

I have had physical limitations for most of the last year, back and hip problems that just are not going away anytime soon, and it pained me every time I opened the garage and saw the car there, on the rotisserie, crying out to be done. Add to that the passing of my Mom the day after Easter, and I just need to sort some things out in my life. I knew of a guy that has a place in his heart for the 1st gen Barracudas, and had talked to him on occasion regarding the car, and he had expressed interest should I want to sell it. Well, the perfect storm of frustration with my physical status, and him calling me out of the blue to ask again about the car...I told him make me an offer.

Well, after a little bit of negotiation, we came to a price on the car, minus a few parts which I would maintain possession of. He has engines and diffs, so I will keep the '70 340 and the 8-3/4 sure grip rear, either for a future vehicle(should I get one with a 7-1/4), or to sell, for the right price.

Although I would've loved to see this car done and in my garage, I am happy with whom it is going to, and will have some garage space, and shelf space, plus a few parts to sell(new visors,led upgrade for rear lights+solid state flasher) 64 Barracuda fender emblems, plus a few more).

I will start my quest for my next vehicle once the money is in the bank, and the title changed. But this time, it won't be a complete resto needed, I am more going to look for something mostly completed, that I can just get in and enjoy.

I have some Mopars in mind, plus a couple of long time loves(66 or 67 Chevy II)...If I find it at the right price, it will own the garage space.

Even though I will be down to just my daily driver, I will keep my Gold memb. here as I love this website, and will watch for my next vehicle, should it present itself here.

FF

Last I saw of it, last night....she went to her new home!!!!

FF

Attachments

• cudagone.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 108
-
Back