Finally got my '73 home (well almost) -- Lots of pics!

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
My '73 is now at my grandparents house until Spring Break. I'll be taking it home then. My things-to-do list before summer includes:

-Rallye wheels and new tires
-Repair crappy bondo covering on the quarter/roof seams
-Fill in vinyl top trim holes
-Repair front floor pans
-New carpet
-New headliner
-Fix window leaks
-New 4bbl carb to replace leaky 2bbl
-New 4bbl manifold
-CD player

There's a few other things I'll have to do once I tear into it more.

Picture098.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture105.jpg

Picture106.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Picture108.jpg

Picture109.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture112.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Picture114.jpg

Picture115.jpg

Floor pans. They are pretty good. The trunk is perfect, the rear pans are perfect too. There's just some holes in the front which are a pretty easy fix.

Picture132.jpg

Picture133.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Picture136.jpg

Picture137.jpg

Fairly new exhaust. The frame is perfect.
Picture139.jpg

Picture140.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Some other pictures
Picture148.jpg

Picture149.jpg

Picture150.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Picture153.jpg

Picture154.jpg

That's it for pictures!

Looks like a decent car to start with! How does it run now? If the engine's healthy you might want to put a mild cam in when you're changing the intake manifold.

I need to put a new starter in it (will not be fun with the headers) and it'll run awesome. Me and my dad hot wired it to see how it ran and it ran STRONG.

a good idea for a new starter is to upgrade to the newer mini starter. Just ask for one for a 92 Dakota with a 3.9 V6. You'd just have to remove the little wiring adapter and it will bolt right up.

Not a bad Duster!

My first car was a duster I plunked $1500 down for!
Man, the memories I made in that thing.

Good luck with your new toy!

Nice Duster! Is that a rear-Defrost? Man I wish I had that on mine! That will be an awesome ride after the upgrades!

Looks like a nice starting point and you picked a good year, of course I like all Mopars but im partial to a 73 Duster as that is what I have.:-D
Does anyone know what the name/code of the paint is? Thanks

Looks like a good project!I also like working on my own cars,they,re never really finished.Always something to improve.Can you post some pics. with your other cars?To bad your so far away,I have a decent bench sittin in my garage waiting to go in somebody,s car!

Nice car, good luck with the buildup and keep us posted with more progress pics. Its not very rusty for a B.C. car at all!:toothy10:
Would be nice painted gold again.
Tom.

-
Back