finally got my exhaust on....

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
i had a 3" system with cut outs, an X pipe, and dynomax super turbo mufflers put on today... all in all i'm happy with how it turned out... with the X pipe and cut outs and the huge mufflers it made things really tight. but it all fit and looks pretty good.. glad to have the car on the quiet side and stock style tips instead of just pipe sticking out the back....

the system is:

dynomax 17793 mufflers

magnaflow X pipe 3"

Headman cut outs.

accurate ltd tips...

exhaust%20005.jpg

exhaust%20006.jpg

exhaust%20005.jpg

exhaust%20006.jpg

and even know it doesn't sound it in this clip. the car is alot more quiet. and in person it is alot deeper sounding then in this video.. it does resonate between 1000-2000 rpm quite a bit but its something i will get used to.. cruising from 2500-3300 rpm its quiet as heck inside... can't even hear the exhaust. wich is what i wanted... i had djvcuda do a drive by in it for me and the car was really quiet. and let me tell you he was in it...

click link for video.
http://www.abodyjoe.com/pictures/71 Dart/exhaust/dart exhaust.avi

dang that sounds awesome :thumblef: this is with the exhaust running all the way back, i cant imagine how loud it would be with the cut outs :notworth: sounds awesome, and thats good it isnt to annoying in the cab

Looks really good under there and sounds sweet Joe, Cut outs are a good plan. You just put yours together, but have you heard of those new cutouts out there that you can adjust for what ever you wish. You adjust them to your exhaust pressure. At the drags no resistance (open), after that what ever you what (with the turn of a non-rusting screw adjustment). Just driving down the street (nicely) and their closed, but if ya mat it they open up depending on your adjustment. :notworth:

1966 dart wagon said:
dang that sounds awesome :thumblef: this is with the exhaust running all the way back, i cant imagine how loud it would be with the cut outs :notworth: sounds awesome, and thats good it isnt to annoying in the cab

i want to open the caps just to hear it. i just ran out of time yesterday... maybe friday i'll mess with it..:) the car is actually alot quieter in person then in the video... it is so much nicer to drive now.

69signetv8 said:
Looks really good under there and sounds sweet Joe, Cut outs are a good plan. You just put yours together, but have you heard of those new cutouts out there that you can adjust for what ever you wish. You adjust them to your exhaust pressure. At the drags no resistance (open), after that what ever you what (with the turn of a non-rusting screw adjustment). Just driving down the street (nicely) and their closed, but if ya mat it they open up depending on your adjustment. :notworth:

where did you see those? i never heard of them... they sound cool... mine probably won't ever be open except if i'm at the track..

abodyjoe said:
where did you see those? i never heard of them... they sound cool... mine probably won't ever be open except if i'm at the track..

I didn't see them Joe, a guy told me about them. I should have paided more attention to the new product name. What the hell, yours look real good. This guy just said their quite the thing for that "little" extra boost on the street, and when they open up on accel...you will get attention (of course); maybe too the wrong guys :snorting: I just thought they were really cool because you can adjust them too open like say, when all fours open up! :headbang: :burnout:
Cheers

Hi Joe,

FWIW, when I was using my '68 340-S in street & strip service, I had flanges installed on the outputs of the mufflers. The muffler hangers were connected to the front of the tailpipes.

That setup allowed me to completely remove the muffler, crossover, and headpipe assembly. When doing any kind of transmission R&R was much less hassle because the $%^#! pipes were no longer in the way. At the drags, 50 pounds of baggage came off the car, and I no longer wound-up scooping dirt & gravel from the pits into my mufflers! :thumblef:

Bryan

PDQ340 said:
Hi Joe,

FWIW, when I was using my '68 340-S in street & strip service, I had flanges installed on the outputs of the mufflers. The muffler hangers were connected to the front of the tailpipes.

That setup allowed me to completely remove the muffler, crossover, and headpipe assembly. When doing any kind of transmission R&R was much less hassle because the $%^#! pipes were no longer in the way. At the drags, 50 pounds of baggage came off the car, and I no longer wound-up scooping dirt & gravel from the pits into my mufflers! :thumblef:

Bryan

you know i was thnking of doing that but didn't... the pipes do stay pretty wide past the trans so hopefully it won't be too bad of a job to pull the trans... i put cut outs on it because i'm too damn lazy to go under and pull the exhaust...lol

Whhhhhhhhhhat?!?!?! No rippin burnout in the vid. I been hoodwinked!
LOL
Sounds cool Joe.

-
Back