Finally got my old duster back !! Home sweet Home

-
I had a 74 dart sport 360, real "L" engine code car, numbers matching and I thought that was rare. That car is no where near as rare as a 76 duster or sport because by 76 a 360 powered A body wasn't really a thing anymore so they didn't make many at all.
exactly , most mopar connaisseur will say that a L code duster never was in 1976 since it was only sold with slant 6 and 318s , its very rare and its a blast to drive , sunroof is truly priceless, im lucky enough to have factory documentation and fender tag, i made soooo many research and the conclusion is that even its not worth much , its a very rare car , options and combo.

Valiant police pkgs were supposed to have extra welding and reinforcements to the body. It would be cool to see some underbody pics of this .
I have heard that it is prohibited to add welds etc in stock eliminator classes. So ordering a car with this pkg would be way around the rules .

I had 5-6 dusters and my ex gf had a 75 318 car , my 76 e58 duster always felt different on the road then my other dusters and it always had a firmer ride to it , yes indeed it was reinforced especialyin the roof and body structure (( :ex owner in 2006 wanted to make a pro stock out of it because it was more reinforced then a normal duster)).... Some areas before we shot the undercoating underneath it , it had a 2.94 suregrip 8 1/4 with heavy duty suspension and a oil cooler , i cant say that its exactly like a A38 valiant cant compare but its a bit different than an other regular duster of those years , and btw it sits outside and its a real driver , not a showroom car and its meant to be driven and enjoyed!!

Last edited:
Man, you are right. I was just looking at the Dealership Data Book here and you almost have to go looking for the option for a 360. I agree it is there, but they sure didn't advertise it at all and in fact made it almost sound like the 360 wasn't even an option on the Differences page where they say "225 or 318" for the Duster.

Love to know what size torsion bars it came with from the factory. Just a curiosity.

I dunno. With ma mopar you can never say never. But a 2dr "police" car with a sunroof? It's just counter intuitive.
I cut the strut rod anchor reinforcements out of an a-body cop car. Last time I saw them, they were in one of my old tool box drawers. I'll see if I can excavate them and post some pics.

Also could have been ordered by a dealer employee. When I was ordering cars for stock I would order cool combos . I never ordered trucks without 1. Suregrip 2. Larger tank 3. The right gears... even in the 80s Dodge had lots of cool HD options like plow pkgs , HD cooling etc... Now days its just boring pkg A,B or C.

Also could have been ordered by a dealer employee. When I was ordering cars for stock I would order cool combos . I never ordered trucks without 1. Suregrip 2. Larger tank 3. The right gears... even in the 80s Dodge had lots of cool HD options like plow pkgs , HD cooling etc... Now days its just boring pkg A,B or C.
true thats totaly possible , no idea whonwas the first owner but i think he knew what he was doing by ordering thi kinda combo...and 13 years ago Govier said that infos about 76 duster was impossible to find..and the fact that it was a canadian duster....its impossible to have records or infos about the unfortunately

-
Back