Finally joined this site...

-

buffoni88

Reaction score
...After stealthily coming in and grabbing information to get my car running (almost) right! Still need to adjust the kickdown, which is stressing me out, but that's another story. Bought a 74 Duster 318 a couple months ago, and in the process of bringing it to life. It was actually in pretty decent condition, but I'm making changes to it, like all of us, right? It only had 54k miles on it. Anyway, I'm 26, been active duty Air Force for almost 5 years now stationed at Robins in Middle Georgia. I am a fuel systems journeyman on the JSTARS (surveillance aircraft). Traded my Ranger and got a real car, finally. My wife is in Afghanistan until November (also Air Force), so I've had a LOT of time to work on the car (once my daughter, 2, goes to bed). So between playing single daddy until she gets back and work, I think I've gotten a lot accomplished so far! I'll post pictures once I get home from work (yes, I'm at work, on a Government computer, posting about my car..shhhh). Just wanted to say that I appreciate everybody's time and advice, there is SO much information on here, it's insane!!!!!!! It's like, an interactive Chilton's!!!! Sorry for the long intro, long Friday at work :banghead:

Long intros are good ,helps us get to know ya.There is as much info here as you could ever ask for,and some pepole here are even freindly,lol.:glasses7:

Welcome to FABO and Thank You for your service !!!
Post up some pictures when you can!
TXDart

Thanks for the welcoming! Ok, so do I post the pictures in here, or for my profile? Which is better?

X2 with Tony Fields! Freedom ain't free- it comes with a price extracted in blood.

Hey buffoni, welcome aboard! You'll have a blast around here and find everything you could ever want. Thanks for the intro and for your service to our country. :-D

I agree. Even with all the bs going on, we still need our troops, no matter what. I don't understand how people can protest the military as a whole, when really it goes a whole lot deeper than that. You think I WANTED to leave for an undetermined amount of time with a 24 hour notice when this whole libya thing kicked off?! This happened in March, KNOWING my wife would be leaving for 6 months in April. Pretty horrible feeling! It ended up being not so bad, spent a couple weeks in Rota, Spain on the beach. Still though. I appreciate Americans that still support our military, and I appreciate any veterans out there just as much!

Also, is there a way to get an email notification when someone comments on a thread I'm subscribed to?

Hm, maybe I should start looking, before I ask stupid questions! Found it, so disregard above post!

Welcome! Good to see another active duty USAF guy around the site. I love the looks I get driving my Valiant through the gate each morning.

Welcome! Good to see another active duty USAF guy around the site. I love the looks I get driving my Valiant through the gate each morning.

I know what you mean!!! I drive by depot every morning, and all the contractors always stare me down when I do haha. It's so fun, I'm loving every minute of it. Except right now, waiting for my lokar setup so I can drive the damn thing! Where are you stationed?

Welcome sir! I kinda did the same thing- got lots o useful info, finally joined and then took me months to actually intro myself...i'm kinda stupid that way.

I wanted to also express my gratitude to all US Service Men and Women, I am so proud and thankful to be an American and we cannot and would not be the great country we are today without our Armed Services.

Thanks! And cool car man!

Welcome to Fabo.And thanks for your service,It is appreciated.

Thank you all for your welcoming to this site! We should build a mopar-city and just all move there. It'd be a nice, crime free little boondock town with tons of awesome cars, and all of this helpful information in the physical world rather than on a computer! Then I could maybe have someone come over and help me finish working on my car also. Anybody want to invest in this? :)

-
Back