Finally!! (pics)

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
My buddy cut loose from work early today and came by and finally sprayed my engine bay and hood. As you can tell all safety regulations was followed with the strictest intent. My shop fan is now green.

I am so glad to see it painted. My buddy said that I did a extremely good job of prepping the car because he said the paint "laid good". Now to get everything hooked back up.

The hard part ---> http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=32245

DSC01515.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

Looking good !
Scratching in a few ground points will be a nessesary evil (been there, done that).

Looks awesome!

I'm looking forward to reading how the project evolves.

By the way, what kind of paint did you use: enamel, urethane, basecoat/clearcoat?

AWESOME!!! i was wondering when you were gonna squirt your car with some sublime!!!

Thanks everyone.

I was out in the garage just taking all in. Fresh paint sure does smell good.
LOL!

I used base/clearcoat.

Man that puts my engine bay to shame. You and your bud did an awesome job!!!!

Man that puts my engine bay to shame. You and your bud did an awesome job!!!!

Since I'm not experienced with spraying,mixing clear, paint etc.. but fairly good with the prep work I told my friend that we should open a business.

I'll get them ready and you paint them. We both laughed.

Looks awesome! The only problem (if your like me...) is now every piece you want to re-install is going to look old & used. Trust me... take the time to prep and paint all the little things that will make it all look killer when it's done. For example, my local SEARS Hardware store stocks an incredible selection of plated, coated, and stainless fasteners. Take the time to gather up what you'll need for the blower motor, wiper motor, master cylinder, radiator, horns, etc....

Needless to say, keep posting pictures!

Very very nice. I agree about the little details. I keeping finding stuff all the time. LOL

Looks awesome! The only problem (if your like me...) is now every piece you want to re-install is going to look old & used. Trust me... take the time to prep and paint all the little things that will make it all look killer when it's done. For example, my local SEARS Hardware store stocks an incredible selection of plated, coated, and stainless fasteners. Take the time to gather up what you'll need for the blower motor, wiper motor, master cylinder, radiator, horns, etc....

Needless to say, keep posting pictures!

You got something against black tape and zip ties? j/k

I know exactly what you mean. For example my fuel pump off of my old motor works fine but nothing I could do to it would have made it look good so I've GOT to go with a new one.

As you can see in the above pics the heater motor is not completely done yet because I can't make up my mind to how I want it to look. But I think it will be all black now...same with the wiper motor. I've been looking at other members firewalls just to get some ideas.

I plan having new horn relay,stater relay,brake lines etc.. I might have to change radiators eventually because it is a two roll radiator. I went from a 273 to a 360 so I am worried about cooling.

It will definitely take some time before I can even think about installing the motor. I don't it to be one of those throw it together deals.

You got something against black tape and zip ties? j/k

I know exactly what you mean. For example my fuel pump off of my old motor works fine but nothing I could do to it would have made it look good so I've GOT to go with a new one.

As you can see in the above pics the heater motor is not completely done yet because I can't make up my mind to how I want it to look. But I think it will be all black now...same with the wiper motor. I've been looking at other members firewalls just to get some ideas.

I plan having new horn relay,stater relay,brake lines etc.. I might have to change radiators eventually because it is a two roll radiator. I went from a 273 to a 360 so I am worried about cooling.

It will definitely take some time before I can even think about installing the motor. I don't it to be one of those throw it together deals.

you are definitely gonna need a new rad. the 360's take the aluminum w/p that dumps on the other side. 3 row, hi efficiency will do just fine with a shroud.

Nice job mullinax95.:cheers:
glad to here you have paint on it, And it looks reeeal good.=D>
that fresh paint smell and a lawn chair and a cold one sure brings back some memories8)
Enjoy and you can't go wrong :rock:

the 360's take the aluminum w/p that dumps on the other side.

The early water pump will bolt right to the later timing chain covers. Or if he still has his early timing chain cover that will bolt right to the 360 block.

you are definitely gonna need a new rad. the 360's take the aluminum w/p that dumps on the other side. 3 row, hi efficiency will do just fine with a shroud.

I'm little confused... I used the same water pump that was on my 273 which will dump in the same location on the 360.

I'm thinking about one of these cross flow radiators. One of the members on here has it in his car and he said it fit and mounted with no problems.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...=SUM-380459&N=700+4294908110+115&autoview=sku

DSC01493.jpg

I'm little confused... I used the same water pump that was on my 273 which will dump in the same location on the 360.

I'm thinking about one of these cross flow radiators. One of the members on here has it in his car and he said it fit and mounted with no problems.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...=SUM-380459&N=700+4294908110+115&autoview=sku

as long as you have the correct rad for the water pump. your 360 has the aluminum wp that dumps on the pass side and a cast in timing marker on the drivers side. if you had it on the 273, then what you have should work. the original setup for your car would have a cast iron pump dumping on the driver side and the bolt on timing tab on the pass side.

that rad looks like it will work.

-
Back