Finally posting....

-

dustergal

Memberless Member
Reaction score
I've lurked for a while but decided to make my first post. Considering I own two A-bodies I don't know what took me so long. :lol:

I've got a '73 Duster with a 340 and a '76 Dart with the mighty leaning tower of power. Okay, it's a stock 225 but it gets great gas mileage so that's something, huh? LOL.

I see a few familar names here, too. :wav:

dustergal haveing a 73 340 duster qualifies you in. the 76 dart is just insurance! :lol: welcome aboard! probably lots others on here that you may know as well.....how about some pics now? oh almost forgot where you from? you don't have you location in your signature filled out!

there, I filled out my location. Still have to figure this new board out. :)

Here's my junk:

Me and my Duster doing what we like to do best:

smokie.gif

My Dart, yeah, it doesn't really look all that much like a '76 anymore.
It's got a '73 front clip and the tail panel and bumper from a '70 parts car.
Lots of work went into this one.

dart1.jpg

sweet! i see no junk here. i was thinking your dart was a full size dart, not a swinger. both look good. scoop looks right at home on the dart...

Cool Dustergal! I think and forgive me if this is percieved as "wrong" but I think you will find this board just as helpfull for your A body and much less......"stuffy" if thats the right word with Mods who think a bit too much of themselves and have to but in on every post and tell you not to do this or that.....I DO like Moparts and most of the guys there are cool, but if I want to get a question answered or ask what I should charge for a part im selling or what ever...at least here I know I won't get some self rightous mod telling me not to "advertise" in the forums....I still frequent both but feel much more "at home" here now....you know guys not telling me how dumb I am for selling the RoadRunner and getting a Dart Sport 340 and stuff like that from the Moparts board...id never have imagined the flack(and rude PM's) I got from that sale.

Yeah, the Dart is a Swinger. My other (better?) half has a '72 Challenger that's HIS, the Duster is MINE, and the Dart and a Dakota drag truck we share equally. :lol:

73DartSport340, I know you! And I don't blame you one bit for selling a RR for a 340 Dart Sport. :thumbup:
I actually passed up a 'Bee for my Duster, if you can believe that, LOL.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Glow Worm. Nice 66 Baracuda!!! what is the paint code and name?
Mike

No code. It is called "A huge mistake" LOL!

The car was originally gold (from the factory). Then, at some time in it's life it was purple, and then B5 Blue when I got it. This is what the local yokels came up with when they tried to match the blue..... Prettiest BLUE I ever saw!

It is actually called "Sage Effect." I believe it is a mid to late 90's GM color.

The stripes are actually paint blended, and then the entire car was clear coated twice.

It is definitely "different."

thanks again guys. I actually found out about this board from a guy I met in the staging lanes at Milan Dragway a few weeks back. He was racing a Mustang that day but said he had a blue? original 340 Duster and was a member of this board. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

When people say that kind of stuff I just shake my head and say to either them or to myself or to them "oponions vary or you can please some of the people some of the time but you CAN'T please ALL THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME!!"[RE73Dart Sport 340]

-
Back