finally put my rear tires on...:)

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
got the rear tires on today.(275/50-17).. slipped right in there and they fit great.. can't wait to go do a smokey burnout with them.. still have to change out the brakes before i do the fronts so that will wait till probably tuesday... not the best pics .. what do you think?

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

while i was at it i figured i would try them on jamies car.. her car is 100% stock except for the big bolt 8 3/4 the 17 X 8 rim with a 5.72 backspace actualy fit with about 1/2" room to spare... and my front tires 225/50-17 fit back there perfect... would love to put a set on her car.. would just have to figure out what to do in the front.. bill says that they have too much backspace and i noticed that the hub doesn't fit the wheel all the way.. there has to be a fix for that....:)

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

Johnny Dart said:
Cool stuff Joe !!!!!!

Did you move your springs in?

i don't have springs anymore.. i went with a street lynx system from RMS which is what gave me the extra room...

jamie's green 69 dart is all stock except for big bolt axles and drums and the rim fits her car perfect.. the 225/50-17 even fits well...

the problem is the front disc rotor won't fit all the way in the rim and the backspace would be too much for a stock front suspension.. not sure if a spacer would fix that or not...

They look great on your car! And The tire size is perfect too.

Great job abodyjoe :thumbup:

abodyjoe said:
i don't have springs anymore.. i went with a street lynx system from RMS which is what gave me the extra room...

jamie's green 69 dart is all stock except for big bolt axles and drums and the rim fits her car perfect.. the 225/50-17 even fits well...

the problem is the front disc rotor won't fit all the way in the rim and the backspace would be too much for a stock front suspension.. not sure if a spacer would fix that or not...

Love the 69 Dart !!!!!!!!!

Now it's time to clean up the drums/disc's?

Cool Joe !!!!!!!!!

Dam that looks good Joe!
Are the rims 17 X 8 for the front and back for your car?
Can you tell me what brand those are? I have been looking for a wheel with a 6" back space but can't find anything I like. I'm sure 5.72 would work for me though, and I like the look of those wheels for a great price.
Thanks

Thanks Joe.
Those wheels are a great price. I'm going to try and find out if they will fit over my Wilwood front brakes. 17 X 9's would be a tight fit in my car, but next week I have a few days off and will have the tape measure out. I have borrowed some rims from friends to check fitment.

-
Back