Finally scored some racing seats for the 67 barracuda.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Found a good deal on Craigslist that I could not refuse.
Long drive out to the country but worth it.

Either these are summit or Jegs seats that once lived in a fox body mustang.

I had to fabricate some brackets using 1/4" thick flat steel stock.
Had the seats and the console in and out of the car at least ten times making sure it all fit and lined up perfectly.

It's a miracle that with the roll cage and the console being made to the stock interior that these seats fit as well as they did.
I was really worried that they would not fit well but I could not be happier with the way they work.
Now I can recline and relax on these comfy buggers and not worry about neck injuries if I get rear ended.

194.jpg

196-Copy2.jpg

198.jpg

only one thing I don't like about them....can you guess what?

Nice ride Cudaspaz. Do you have the original seats that came with the car and do you want to sell them

I have the same seats in my Dart and really like them. Those look great in your Cuda!
How far can you recline with the roll bar in the way ?

I have the same seats in my Dart and really like them. Those look great in your Cuda!
How far can you recline with the roll bar in the way ?

Not a whole lot but if I scoot the seat forward a bit they recline more but They are perfect just the way they sit so I really don't feel the need to recline further back.

They came out of a rustang, LMAO. Those do look nice Spaz.

Yeah, lol, but they are a bit high and create blind spots but the compromise is worth the comfort and safe feeling knowing that if I got rear ended my neck won't do a back handspring.

Those are the same seats I've got in my Cuda too, from Summit. I love them -- but they're too narrow in the shoulder area for big azz Billy to be comfortable sitting in them.

That's just fine by me though. It's not his car. :-D

They look good in there! They're a good price brand new (about $150 each), .. can I ask how much you got 'em for? I would love to put some decent seats in my Dart.. would like to get some kind of harness too, eventually.. but without a cage or at least a harness bar - ain't gonna happen

-
Back