Finally Some Paint on the Dart!

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Just wanted to share the first signs of the finish line coming into view with my 69 Dart. Shop painted the engine bay, trunk area and patched and painted the undercoat on the underside of the car. The trunk is a flatter color because we used chip guard to keep from scuffing the paint with the spare tire and other miscellaneous stuff that might get thrown in there. Going to set the car back down on the wheels next week and paint the body. Very exciting day. Oh yeah, color is 69 Dodge V2 (Hemi Orange).

And the rear end is ready to bolt back in the car as well.

Looks nice, the engine compartment is one of the hardest areas to shoot.

Progress! I am up in Burke near Lorton VA., and perhaps if I can get my Duster 340 going this summer we can meet up at a cruise or show. My Duster has been sitting so I need to do some work to make road worthy --- it is parked inside, but I work a lot so it has not been out in a while.

Looks like Collision-One doing the body/paint work - looks great!

I dream of the day mine has paint again! Looks really great! What did younspray the bottom and inner fenders with?

I dream of the day mine has paint again! Looks really great! What did younspray the bottom and inner fenders with?

Some of the underside is the original factory undercoat. We decided not to strip it bare. The rest is something like Rhino Liner. I will have to get the name of it and share. I think it is mixed with a chip guard type paint to make it more durable to road wear.

Progress! I am up in Burke near Lorton VA., and perhaps if I can get my Duster 340 going this summer we can meet up at a cruise or show. My Duster has been sitting so I need to do some work to make road worthy --- it is parked inside, but I work a lot so it has not been out in a while.

Looks like Collision-One doing the body/paint work - looks great!

Yeah, it is Collision One in Tappahannock, VA. As it turns out my original body man got hired on their to do all of their restoration work. And despite some other unresolved issues between the two of us, he is a pretty fantastic body man. So I decided to take it there. And their paint guy is phenomenal.

-
Back