Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Hey 65Vart,how about a little shot of the juice?This 77 360 bottom end is a very low compression,maybe 8.5 to 1,9 to 1 not sure?but a 150 shot would sure help it.I,m hoping over the winter I can yank it out and get it stroked.I would want to go 416-426 c.i for sure,also a mini-tubb and cage.

Tonight I went and picked up a pair of high-back black Duster bucket seats,all the stitching has let go in the normal places.A good set of seat covers and some floor mods will have to do for now.Hopefully I can install them by the weekend.
P.S The guy I purchased the seats from,told me Nigel at National Moparts would ask $600 for the pair the way they sit.Glad I got them before he did!I paid 1/3 that.

the car sounds good in the video. I like it man. The announcer wasnt that great haha

Well let the FINK(Fun)begin..HaHa!! car pics 66 Dart 029.jpgI got my garage partially cleaned up to make room for the mini-tubbing of the 66 Dartcar pics 66 Dart 023.jpgI have the 73 Dart Sport tucked away in the popup garage for the winter(cost me $249)as were the heated storage cost me $350 for the season.Peeky-blue!!LOL!POPUP GARAGE 011.jpgSo here,s some pics of the trunk before I start the minitub and spring relocation.I,ll keep ya,s posted with progress.car pics 66 Dart 028.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 029.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 023.jpg

POPUP GARAGE 011.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 028.jpg

What are you planning on doing first? Gonna pull everything out at once or do it piecemeal?

Have you come up with a plan for more power?

What are you planning on doing first? Gonna pull everything out at once or do it piecemeal?

Have you come up with a plan for more power?
I,m gonna do the minitub and spring relocation first,then pull the motor and tranny out.Still undecided with what to do with the motor and tranny.I,ve got to get over to the machine shop and have a chat with the builder to weigh my options.I,m definitely going with alumi.heads for starters.I,m keeping a close eye on the dollar,if our dollar(Canadian)goes above the U.S dollar,I,ll be jumping!

This is soo very cool! Is this not the guy that was unsure about changing out his /6? How quickly av8 hp can change a mans mind!! Very cool pettyblue, looking forward to watching your mini tubbing.

This is soo very cool! Is this not the guy that was unsure about changing out his /6? How quickly av8 hp can change a mans mind!! Very cool pettyblue, looking forward to watching your mini tubbing.
I was gonna try and keep the 6 for a year Tony,it just wasn,t happening LOL!

I understand that would be diffecult!
Well I think it is very cool and I too share the love of the feel and sound of an old fashion V8!!

I knew this thread would get active again :-D
It's October and I hope you have a great time and enjoy the mini tub 8)
Let's get started :happy10: I am watching and going to learn something here for sure =P~

I will show this to the wife :toothy10: she is a Halloween eve baby :-D

car%20pics%2066%20Dart%20029.jpg

I,m gonna do the minitub and spring relocation first,then pull the motor and tranny out.Still undecided with what to do with the motor and tranny.I,ve got to get over to the machine shop and have a chat with the builder to weigh my options.I,m definitely going with alumi.heads for starters.I,m keeping a close eye on the dollar,if our dollar(Canadian)goes above the U.S dollar,I,ll be jumping!

I was wondering why the choice of aluminum heads over iron? I would think with the money you spend on the aluminum you could have your iron heads completely tricked out cheaper.

I was wondering why the choice of aluminum heads over iron? I would think with the money you spend on the aluminum you could have your iron heads completely tricked out cheaper.
This 66 will be mostly for the drag strip,so aluminum heads are lighter and can also be made for higher hp ratings.I will be selling the X heads to recoup some of the cost for alumi. heads.

Also Tony,since ToolmanMike showed me these pics. lastyear.I knew this would be the direction(goal) for this car!

future looks.jpg

Mopar%20Nationals%2008%20096.jpg

This 66 will be mostly for the drag strip,so aluminum heads are lighter and can also be made for higher hp ratings.I will be selling the X heads to recoup some of the cost for alumi. heads.

Ok, it always been my understanding that outside of weight, iron will out perform aluminum if all other factors are the same. Well the alumium you can run a lower octane since the motor thinks is has a point less of compression. I do guess that the X may not be able to get the same specs out of as with the aluminums.

Well it,s time to get to work again!I scored some Eddy RPM aluminum heads from member JD340,thank-you again!car pics 66 Dart 030.jpg

I had the day off today to go see the Dr. and when I got home I decided to start the minitub.I had to pull the rear ofcourse,I,m gonna have to loose the tailpipes nowcar pics 66 Dart 034.jpg
I think drilling out the spotwelds was the hardest job(good thing I,m not 6 foot tall LOL)it gets cramping in the trunk!car pics 66 Dart 038.jpgcar pics 66 Dart 039.jpg

Thank god this car is not all rusty,I didn,t even have to heat up the undercoating in the wheelwell.I just chiselled it with a scraper.It came of in chunky pieces:cheers:car pics 66 Dart 040.jpgcar pics 66 Dart 041.jpg
I got the drill and sawzall out and started cutting,I got the one wheelwell out and called it a day(pulling the rear and cutting the wheelwell took 6hrs with breaks)car pics 66 Dart 043.jpgcar pics 66 Dart 044.jpgThat,s it for now,I,m bushed!:stop:Til next time I get a chance to work on it...:clock:

car pics 66 Dart 030.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 034.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 038.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 039.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 040.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 041.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 043.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 044.jpg

Man what a difference a heated garage makes! LOL!! I totaly understand about toolmans dart, it is Killer with those fat meats!
Nice work Petty, your not messing around are you! Heck you'll be done in a month and then what are you gong to do? LOL! So far very clean, you know I saw a pic on a thread here where a muffler man fished the duels out the back through a mini-tub job. Will you still be driving it on the street?

HaHa Tony!That,s not Toolman,s car(just a pic he had sent me)I think I,ll endup putting turndowns on.The car is being built mostly for the track,but there,s a small car show around the corner from me and I,ll be taking the car out once and awhile to show friends the work I,ve done.Also the odd Mustang sandwich!!LOL:happy10:

P.S I heat with a woodstove,it sure takes along time to heat up when it,s -10 below.It,s 30x30 block and brick with no insulation.

Congrat's on a day well spent pettybludart :cheers:
That is a very nice job you dun there =D>=D>
And a clean Job :thumbrig: well dun sir =P~

Ya they do take a while to heat up but they stay warm longer too. well, I'll rent it from you since your moving so good, you won;t be in there long!!! LOL!!

Ya they do take a while to heat up but they stay warm longer too. well, I'll rent it from you since your moving so good, you won;t be in there long!!! LOL!!
Bring it on Tony,wish I lived closer to you guys,so I could help with your builds!

-
Back