Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Thanks guys!Just goes to show,if you put your mind to a plan!Your dreams can come true!I like the 4 speed better though!LOL!Hey Tony(Vic storm),the bug bit the first time I took the 73 Dart Sport 340 down the track.My first run 2 years ago,the old 340 ran 14,s even!So this 77 Cordoba(Charger)360 definetly needs some go-power heads!

that is awesome man. car sounds really good goin down the track

Well the 66 is alive again!The 360 heads had some valve issues,so I happened apon a pair of X heads.I had them freshened up and there on the 360 bottom end.While I had it apart,I bought an Rpm Airgap intake and an MSD 6al box,SS coil.Right now I,ve got change the valve cover gaskets(black rubber,leakin junk)LOL and pass.side header gasket,then it,s good to go!Back to the track for some better T&T runs!

I took the 66 out to the local car show,then out to the country for some...Let it go time!I,m happy with it,s performance,now it,s time to head to the track for some T&T tomorrow night (Wed.nite)Hope to get some vids.!

Just some new pics. of the 66 Dart looking Oldskool Kool!

car pics 66 Dart 002.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 003.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 004.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 001.jpg

I have a dual snorkle scoop,do you think it would look good on there?I need some cold fresh air going under the hood!Please give opinions?Thanks

As much as I like the dual snorkle scoop I might put on my Ram I think the 65 Super Stock scoops fit our cars better.
Like This
attachment.php

As much as I like the dual snorkle scoop I might put on my Ram I think the 65 Super Stock scoops fit our cars better.
Like This
attachment.php

I agree the bodyman at my work is building me one I will post a pic as soon as he is done with it.

Car looks great man! I'll agree on the A990-style scoop. A later dual-snorkel scoop just wouldn't look right IMO. Leave that for your Dart Sport.

When I had my '65 Valiant, I was pondering how to get one of the A990 type scoops on it. I was wishing there was a mini one out there somewhere, but as of right now there is no such thing. It would prolly have to be a one-off hand made deal or maybe a cut down/re-shaped B-body piece.

Car looks great man! I'll agree on the A990-style scoop. A later dual-snorkel scoop just wouldn't look right IMO. Leave that for your Dart Sport.

When I had my '65 Valiant, I was pondering how to get one of the A990 type scoops on it. I was wishing there was a mini one out there somewhere, but as of right now there is no such thing. It would prolly have to be a one-off hand made deal or maybe a cut down/re-shaped B-body piece.
Yes,if they made a smaller one..I,d have one.Right now I have an 2 original snorkle scoops(1 for each car)I have a spare hood for the 73 Dart Sport which will get a snorkel scoop.I might put the other one on the 66 for now.I could always change it down the road.I need fresh cold air going in there now!

I was out at the track tonite!I got only 3 runs in(was very busy)also 2 exploding rearends didn,t speed things up.Here,s what I ran tonite.
1st run was 14.34
2nd run was 14.27
3rd run was 14.02

This was with street tires(spinning).The tech guy wouldn,t let me run my slicks(no driveshaft loop)I also need to play with the carb and timing cause I know it has more in it.

Update with the 66 Dart.I just ordered new XHD springs and front eye bushings(can now get rid of air-shocks):cheers:
I,m also picking up some black Demon/Duster bucket seats for $200.I,m off work this week again(useing up my holidays)so I,ll be swapping my new(used)black dash.It,s time to start working on the inside of the car.LOL.Oh yeah,also gotta make a D.shaft loop.I,m also thinking about putting a better cam in?The fireball cam?(484)just doesn,t cut the mustard,any suggestions?

360,.030 over flattops,crank is .010 over,340 X heads mild P&P,RPM Air-gap,headers.I have two carbs,one is 800 TQ other is a Holley 750 v.s.
Any help with a cam choice would be appreaciated.Thanks:burnout:2500 stall,3.91 s.g with 26 inch slicks

I,m also thinking about putting a better cam in?The fireball cam?(484)just doesn,t cut the mustard,any suggestions?

According to the ancient "How To Hot Rod Small Block Mopars" recipe for a 13 second 360, you'll need a cam with somewhere between 280-295 degrees of total duration, around .480-.510" of valve lift and an overlap between 60-80 degrees. These specs are for a hydraulic cam.

Seems like your Crane Fireball cam is right on the low end of these specs with .484" of lift. Makes sense, you're in the low 14s.

That book was written in the late '70s-early '80s by old Larry Shepard. Good info, just dated.

How about this Lunati cam? Little low on the duration based on the specs above but more valve lift and the power band is good for a street car.

Hot Street cam, likes 2800 converter, Hi-Rise type dual plane intake with 750cfm carb, headers, 10:1 compression and 3.73 gears. Likes up to 200HP nitrous.
  • Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 276/284
  • Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 234/242
  • Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .513/.533
  • LSA/ICL: 110/106
  • Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
  • RPM Range: 2200-6400
  • Includes: Cam Only
Part Number: 60404

or...

Comp XE284H might work too.

You get the idea.

According to the ancient "How To Hot Rod Small Block Mopars" recipe for a 13 second 360, you'll need a cam with somewhere between 280-295 degrees of total duration, around .480-.510" of valve lift and an overlap between 60-80 degrees. These specs are for a hydraulic cam.

Seems like your Crane Fireball cam is right on the low end of these specs with .484" of lift. Makes sense, you're in the low 14s.

That book was written in the late '70s-early '80s by old Larry Shepard. Good info, just dated.

How about this Lunati cam? Little low on the duration based on the specs above but more valve lift and the power band is good for a street car.

Hot Street cam, likes 2800 converter, Hi-Rise type dual plane intake with 750cfm carb, headers, 10:1 compression and 3.73 gears. Likes up to 200HP nitrous.
  • Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 276/284
  • Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 234/242
  • Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .513/.533
  • LSA/ICL: 110/106
  • Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
  • RPM Range: 2200-6400
  • Includes: Cam Only
Part Number: 60404

or...

Comp XE284H might work too.

You get the idea.
Thanks rmchrgr,I run the XE284H cam in my 73 Dart Sport 340.It,s stroked to a 372 and dynoed at 452hp.It runs high 12,s @108mph.I could only get 94mph out of the 360 lastnite.

Lookin' good ! And you beat the Mustang with your 273! Ha Ha! The announcer guy was a little off with his displacement guess.

Nice job !

Why are you going into the burnout box with street tires?
I had my slicks on the car when I got there,I had to switch back to my street tires(no d.shaft loop)good thing I brought the street tires.I was heating them up for some traction?They broke loose my first run.

-
Back