Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
It's been a fun trip for us all. Lots of fun seeing the progress! OK, It's all my fault! I don't mind getting blamed for something like that. Ha!!! Mike

Sounds Nasty......nice. I had those 40s (dual chambers)on a , sorry to say it, 72 Camaro with a 383 (sorry about those numbers) stroker..........they sound wicked. Im stuck with my Cbombs for now,,,,still sound good with the solid cam/lifters.

thats almost exactly like my exhaust, same mufflers and even cutouts but mine turndown right out of the mufflers in front of the rear axle. i feel like the 40's are a little too boomy...if i had to do it again i would probably run like 36" smitty's glasspacks.
-Tim

thats almost exactly like my exhaust, same mufflers and even cutouts but mine turndown right out of the mufflers in front of the rear axle. i feel like the 40's are a little too boomy...if i had to do it again i would probably run like 36" smitty's glasspacks.
-Tim
Put some tailpipes on it,to get rid of the boomy sound!LOL!

Hey Scott, I don't know if I told you about this but make sure you rig up some kind of a return spring at the kickdown lever at the trans. since the Lokar setup doesn't account for this. also check for good clearance at the lever to the floor. mine was rubbing slightly and it almost got stuck once.

Hi Scott the car is looking great! Can't believe you put it to gether so fast and still had time for the fine details GREAT JOB.

Hey Cam,tranny has a spring on the lever,but am gonna put 1 on to make sure it,s returning(fresh tranny and 2500 stall).Today I found a frost plug pissing at the BACK of D.side head.This should be fun!F@$#king thought I,d take a break from the cars see,in I,m on holidays this week!Did I tell ya,s I love working on my cars??:angry7:

Hi Scott the car is looking great! Can't believe you put it to gether so fast and still had time for the fine details GREAT JOB.
Thanks 19Dart66,what kind of scoop is on your car?I love it,want it,where,d ya get it?That would be the cat,s *** for my car(also the last)LOL!!

Scott the scoop is a 0-23 from a 66 67 hemi B body I bought it from AAR fiberglass. Bolted right on and followed the contores of the hood perfictly. I've been busy to this winter found away to hide money from the exwife gave most of my overtime money to Ryan at Shade Dell, he cnc ported my indybrocks set me up with a solid roller cam and portmatched a victor jr for me. I put about a 100 miles on it in the last 3 weeks, seat of the pants feels like it has more ponies.

Scott the scoop is a 0-23 from a 66 67 hemi B body I bought it from AAR fiberglass. Bolted right on and followed the contores of the hood perfictly. I've been busy to this winter found away to hide money from the exwife gave most of my overtime money to Ryan at Shade Dell, he cnc ported my indybrocks set me up with a solid roller cam and portmatched a victor jr for me. I put about a 100 miles on it in the last 3 weeks, seat of the pants feels like it has more ponies.
Love to see some pics. or vids of your car doing it,s thing!How much for the scoop,I,m gonna order one!

Hey at least its not as bad as my current situation, no job, cracked oil control ring on one of my pistons, and I have to remove those damn tti's. nice huh. yeah sometimes all the work sucks but you gotta admit its one serious rush the first time you boil the tires!

Hey at least its not as bad as my current situation, no job, cracked oil control ring on one of my pistons, and I have to remove those damn tti's. nice huh. yeah sometimes all the work sucks but you gotta admit its one serious rush the first time you boil the tires!
Last weekend I just had(custom)exhaust attached to Spitfires.Good thing I stopped by to mention cutouts,also flanges infront of cutouts(for tranny removal)They were going to attach pipes to headers and run to mufflers?Duh!How would I get the tranny out?Sorry to here that your outta work Cam64.Up here they,re saying economy will pickup in the fall!I,m 1 hour within Ford,GM and Chrysler plants.Lots of guys outta work!Loosing everything!

I payed $275 for the scoop down in Carlisle two years ago. Going to the musclepalooza at Lebanon Valley N.Y. on the 24 of May hope to pick up 4 or 5 tenths with the new combo. If you feel like taking a long ride on Memorial Day weekend bring the Dart down and we can run the twins down the track, the show is alot of fun.

I payed $275 for the scoop down in Carlisle two years ago. Going to the musclepalooza at Lebanon Valley N.Y. on the 24 of May hope to pick up 4 or 5 tenths with the new combo. If you feel like taking a long ride on Memorial Day weekend bring the Dart down and we can run the twins down the track, the show is alot of fun.
I,d love to come down,but the border guards say not a hope in hell!You just want to embarass me!LOL!Your starting to sound like a SHADY characterLOL!Can you fill me in on what your combo is?(Full driveline)

New combo 416 10.4 comp. cnc ported indybrock heads flowing 313 int. and222 exh. at .700 lift, A Bullet roller cam 256 int. 262 exh. at .050 .668 lift cut on a 108, Edelbrock victor jr., A work over 750 holley flowing 870 cfm, 1 7/8 headers, 3 inch exhaust to back bumper, 833 4spd 3.09 first gear Mcleod 2400# b&b long pressure plate and sinterd iron disk, 3.91 gears with a spool 8 3/4, Caltrac bars and mono leaf springs. Oh and I slickshifted the 4spd for faster shifts all hooked to a set of M/T 26 x 8 slicks, I THINK I AM GOING TO NEED MORE TIRE!

Well?UMM?AHH??Sounds like you should definetly be in low 10,s if not high 9,s.Does it break loose on you?Are you gonna get a higher gear?Maybe some 4.30,s.You,ve gotta get some vid. of your car running down the track,then I,ll have an idea of how to build my motor over next winter!I,m jealous already!

I'm going to stick with the 3.91 until I break them, than I will hopefully have enough money to put a dana 60 with 4.10 in it. Can't go to crazy with the gearing it still a street car.I will be happy with 10.6 to 10.8, car gets apsolutly no tracksion on the street in any gear with BFG 255-60 I run on the back for the street. Some day I will get one of my buddies to tape it for me and post it.

I,m also running the BFG 255/60/15,s also have a brand new Auburn with 3.91,s I just have,nt been able to get them spinning yet!Soon!I,ll talk later!Good Luck with the new build.Later.

Really great work, and quick too. Thanks for the pics of the exhaust especially. If I do another early A, I'll spring for the Spitfires and a notched cross member. Seen 2 many half fast attempts at dual pipes on an early A to do it any other way than what you did.

I like 19DART66's hood, too. That is a cool period piece that matches the rest of the body nicely.

What's the problem with coming south of the border to mix it up with 19DART66? It has been almost 200 years since a force from Canada has come down to cause trouble. (Didn't like the house color on 1600 PA Ave in DC, so they burned it.) LOL

Really great work, and quick too. Thanks for the pics of the exhaust especially. If I do another early A, I'll spring for the Spitfires and a notched cross member. Seen 2 many half fast attempts at dual pipes on an early A to do it any other way than what you did.

I like 19DART66's hood, too. That is a cool period piece that matches the rest of the body nicely.

What's the problem with coming south of the border to mix it up with 19DART66? It has been almost 200 years since a force from Canada has come down to cause trouble. (Didn't like the house color on 1600 PA Ave in DC, so they burned it.) LOL
Can,t get across the border,otherwise I,d be there in a minute!Hey!maybe put a turbin on??

Just had a brain-fart after some liquid thought.I,m thinking I can pull the steering column back out,which should make easy access to the frost plug at the back of cyl. head on the d.side.It,s either that or I,ll have to undo header,exhaust to have some access?I think pulling the s.column is easier.I,ll try tomorrow!(today it,s late)

Well,I pulled the steering column and got the sucker out in 15 mins.Now to get a new one and put back in.You can see the pinhole in pics.(this was too easy)

re and re of 66 Dart 011.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 012.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 013.jpg

-
Back