Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
What exhaust should I go with 2 1/2 or 3 inch?Tailpipes or out infront of rear tires?X or H pipe and why?Thanks for any input!

I'd go 2 1/2. X pipes are nice, but get a good one made that is easy to remove. The guys at "Budget exhaust" made my system. It is polished stainless, with Magnaflo's. I have no x-pipe yet. I'm thinking of going back, and getting dumps made.Hope to see that old girl bootin' around town this year.

2.5" exhaust is all you'll need on there, and definitely go all the way to the rear bumper. H or X? Depends on who you listen to. X seems to be the flavour this year. :) Looking good.

Not much room for an H or an X. I can't even run the inspection cover for the flywheel. Did you see the tranny crosmember TTI has for dual exhaust? I will eventually be getting one (cheap) when I redo mine. Before this came out some guys were cutting and re welding the stock member.
These cars were never designed to run dual exhaust. Even the hypo had a hypo single set up. My skinny *** duals are there ,but it's a mess (sounds good though). Should start a thread on this.

Hi,today I got a bunch done on the 66,
rad and thermostats in
Crossmembers notched for duals and in
Driveshafts in
lokar and floor shift cables hooked up to tranny(gotta modify throttle and k.down bracket at intake)
90 degree adapters and filter on
headers and gaskets on
dizzy,plugs and new 8mm wires
carbs on(need new fuel line from pump)
tranny lines done
coupler came in mail today,it,s on.Thanks Grumpascreature!:toothy7:
I still have to wire up orange box and dizzy,which is what I went to do tonight?I can,t decide wether I should make extensions to pass the torsion bars from shorty Spitfires(maybe attach extensions with band clamps?)down under my feet with flanges,so I can run open headers at the track.Lots done today,and should be roadworthy by the end of the week!WoooHoo!!:tongue3:

hey scott, good to hear your making progress man! im getting stuff done on mine too man, dying to get her on the road...curious to hear how those spitfires fit? are they what you expected?
Yes,the Spitfires are what I expected from seeing pics. of them.They fit good and have thick flanges.I gotta get my car trailer out so I can get the exhaust done.Gotta wire er up first.OldVart,I,ll try to get some progress pics. up later today,have to take the daughter shopping for some spring cloths.Man,she,s growing like a weed!LOL!:angel13:

Here,s a couple pics. still have to rig up throttle aand kickdown cable bracket.I also have to get a new alternator and wire up dist. and box.I went with the rad. I had,I,m on a budget here and makedo with what I have laying around.

car 001.jpg

car 002.jpg

car 003.jpg

Looking fantastic Scott and I am loving the Ol' Thermo! Everything seems to be going together well Huh? Nice!

Great job pettyblue. It's been fun to watch your progress. It looks like your intake and carb set-up is pretty tall. Don't slam the hood. LOL Mike

Great job pettyblue. It's been fun to watch your progress. It looks like your intake and carb set-up is pretty tall. Don't slam the hood. LOL Mike
Yeah,I,m hoping to be changing intake and carb,seeing that we have a bunch of orders at work!They,ve cancelled layoffs in near future.It was gonna be 1 week a month.

Here,s a couple pics. still have to rig up throttle aand kickdown cable bracket.I also have to get a new alternator and wire up dist. and box.I went with the rad. I had,I,m on a budget here and makedo with what I have laying around.

Looking good Scott. Keep up the good work. Be glad you have a 904 for the exhaust. :wave:

Well I just got in from the garage(1:00a.m).I got the 360 wired and running 1/2 assed.I still have to make my throttle,kickdon bracket(in the morning)I also got my B&M Starshifter installed,cable and all!Tomorrow I,m gonna have it towed over to the exhaust shop!He,s gonna put some cutouts on it so I can open her up at the track.We,ll have to see how good of a job he does??That,s it for today I,m wooped!

what kinda mufflers you gun run on her scott? your making good progress

Excellent work! You are goin' to love the performance of the car. I bought a tti 3" X-pipe system for mine that I ended in front of the rear axle and it was expensive but works awesome. They also have tailpipes as well.

what kinda mufflers you gun run on her scott? your making good progress
I,m putting Flowmaster 40 series,this will be the end of the budget!!The track has been open a month and I have,nt been yet??Between work,the daughter and the 66,not enough time,oh well it,s another month and the weather will be better!Oh I sold my 06 Fusion to a friends wife(33,000km)she,s taking over the last 2 years payments.No more deductions of my check(Ford Credit)Gotta plan ahead!:wink:

How did it sound when you fired her up? Pretty good I bet, well done and I think you'll love the flowmaster 40's.

How did it sound when you fired her up? Pretty good I bet, well done and I think you'll love the flowmaster 40's.
It was loud!It was 10p.m lastnite,then I had to install the shifter so it could be shifted into neutral,for towing to get exhaust.It,s in the shop as we speak,I guess he,s doing it tomorrow?That,s it for now,here,s some pics. in my driveway!I like the stance on it alot more now!:wink:

re and re of 66 Dart 001.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 002.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 003.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 004.jpg

Thanks,it,s basically all I,ve been doing since late Dec./08.Now is time to reap the rewards!The drag part is,now have to open the pool and start cutting the lawns!That sucks!!

Forgot to mention,I,m haveing cutouts put on while it,s at the muffler shop(makes it easier to open it up at the track!Can,t wait to have some fun!:wink:

I dhopingidn,t get the 66 back yet,there still working on my custom exhaust with cutouts!Monday,it will be done.It looks very tight,and am hoping it all works fine?Pics. on Monday to get opinions of work done!:toothy7:

re and re of 66 Dart 004.jpg

-
Back