Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
I think you can put a 15x8 under there with the correct offset and tire size
without tubbing. I think everyone uses 4 1/2" backspace wheels. I will look for more info and post it as I find it. I may have it filed somewhere. toolman

I just picked up 4bbp,15 inch rallys off of a 66 Coronet.I measured 7 1/4 inches.Does that sound right??

Ya. 15x7 should work. I bought a pair of 15x7 sbp rallys late last fall
but haven't had a chance to try them. You might want to e-mail
duster2@indy.net. He is "the wheel guy" and I have sopken to him at
a few Mopar car shows. He has experimented with rim sizes and offsets on early a's. toolman

Thanks,I checked out the pics. of your waggin.WOW that,s a shame,and your arm.Hope your feeling better?That was a nice waggin!You should look in the For sale forum,I,ve seen a couple for sale on this site,but they dont last long.Good luck!

That car is what started all this early a-body search for me.I knew at work we would be off quite a bit,so to keep me busy..wahla el 66!!I,m just glad it,s not a rot bucket.Also I,ll be celibrating the 66,s b-day on my daughters.Easy to remember.Now I just have to order some axels.
That's funny when I saw your new 66 Dart project I wanted to do another early a-body. You've got a great project car there. Jayson

Yeah it,s funny,when I started reading and searching about early A-body,s,I knew I needed one as a project.This 66 is the one I went for cause of the body condition.I really don,t know anything about the 4bbl. setup,but I have a good carb. friend coming over this week to set it up for me.Just got the Moser axels,so I can finish the brakes.As long as the streets have no snow(or salt)I,m gonna take it for a spin.Should be interesting.360 and indy heads are in the future.=P~

Jysnflem, I have enjoyed your early A so much. I hope you don't mind me passing photos around. toolmanmike

Toolman,can,t you see what your doing here by posting pics. of other peoples cars!Your getting more people interested in saving early A,s.Snicker,snicker!!Just look what you,ve done to me alone.The more I see,the more I want to copie ideas,scoops,rears,tires ect..Keep posting the great pics.(can,t speak for everybody)but I don,t mind.I,d just like to get some pics of it outside on the ground.SHEESH!!=P~

Back in about 1971, when I was 16, I bought my first car. It was a
65 Dart 270 with a HP273 and a three on the tree.(from what I know now
it was quite rare) Since then I have owned many Mopars including Road Runners, Super Bees,Challengers, Coronets ETC. After being without a Hot Hot Rod Mopar for quite a few years and doing the whole family thing,I finally decided (after turning 50) that life was too short and I needed to get back into Mopars and enjoy the sport like it was when I was younger. The B and
E bodys were too expensive but the early A's were just right. I liked the looks of the 64's best of all after seeing a friends 64 post car (that he wouldnt sell)
{that's the car that got me started} I looked for months and happened across the 66 GT that I own on e-Bay. The car was close, I looked at it ,
and bought it. I love my 66 but had my heart set on a 64 like jysnflem owns.
That's the look I like best. The white 66 I found at the Nationals runs a darn close second. I am a purist at heart and can't seem to modify my 66
to have what I really want. I should have looked longer and found a post car
with a \6 that I could pro street. Toolmanmike

Sorry I just had too.

1163993780la.jpg

1163993780lb.jpg

1163993780le.jpg

Thanks Memike,rub it in!!T,man this is my first real drag car build,moneys alittle tight so the V8 thing is gonna be on the backburner for now.I,ve got a line on a 360 thanks to Mt.Nemomopar,then some indy heads.23 years ago I used to work in auto machine shop and still am tight with the guys there,I,m gonna shoot for 550-600hp.Dreams may come true some day.just bought a lincoln mig welder also,so a mini-tub and cage WILL be in the future.

Great car! Great condition. I have really grown to love my 66 and I like the fact that I only know of one other 66 around my area. I was able to fit a 255/60R15 ET street with only a 3/4" spring relocation from Mopar and a narrowed 8-3/4 housing from a B-body. Hooks pretty good with that tire (best of a 1.69 60').

Well I got my axels,brakes and prop. valve,master cylinder.Just have to bleed tommorrow.Here some pics.I just set my slicks off my other car(Dart Sport)to take the pics.Kinda looks like another members car,but no black fenders..HaHa!!

trim 047.jpg

trim 048.jpg

trim 049.jpg

trim 051.jpg

trim 053.jpg

I'll second what Lee said, cool pics and thanks Toolman.

I'll have to go through with contacting a local guy who has a couple salvage yards nearby and see if he has any 340 blocks and rear ends. When my 273 finally needs a rework I'd like to drop one in. Drove by one of his yards, hidden down by a creek, and there looked to be an early Dart. One can only see the cars in the winter when the leaves have fallen, quarter mile off a gravel road.

thanks again for the pics.

I worked hard on my car for 2 weeks,posting pics of front disc. swap and rear swap and now my posts and pics. have dissapeared(from Dec.26 to Jan.13)What,s up with that?Can one of the Mods. explain to me Why??:read2:

Well I got the rear and brakes ,drivshaft and bigger u-joint(thanks 71Produster)in also some 255/60/15,s with rally,s under the Dart now(with air shocks,til money starts flowing..laid-off now)My nuetral saftey switch was not grounding and wouldn,t start by the key(ignition)swaped that and she runs!Also I took out the lokar gas,kickdown cable setup(didn,t like it and rigged up a 72 Demon gas peddle and made my own throttle linkage.Pat on back$$LOL!I finally swapped the title to my name,Oh joy that was a fun venture(car is from Alabama shipped to Toronto,Canada)Next is front w.sheild anf front end alignment.After that it,s getting driven,after snow melts ofcourse!

trim 061.jpg

trim 064.jpg

trim 062.jpg

-
Back