Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
You are really coming along great PBD, those rear tires have plenty of room uh? Sweet, you'll be ready by spring at that pace.

Can,t wait for the snow to melt!It,s hard looking at it and not driving,but to much salt on the roads.This car has never touched salt and I don,t want it to.

Are those 7" or 8" rallyes on the rear? They really look sweet, ya there is no winter of anykind that my cars see either. They are pampered from here on out as far as I am concerned.

Are those 7" or 8" rallyes on the rear? They really look sweet, ya there is no winter of anykind that my cars see either. They are pampered from here on out as far as I am concerned.
Can,t remember when I measured them,I think 15x8 with 4 1/2 inch B/S.I got them off of a 66 Coronet.Waiting on center caps and 15 inch trim rings.:clock:
They sure look better than original 13,s.

Hey, I have a 65 I am building, I am in Oakville.

n703705300_2439013_7261.jpg

God I love those '65 '66 darts. I used to have a '65 Gt built 318, 4 speed with 8 3/4 sure grip with 391's. That car was totally awesome. I really wish I would have never sold it. But I'll get another one some day. There is actually one right down the road from me for sale. Anyway, that car is nice. Have fun.

Well 1 month and 3 weeks later,I have my garage back for cleaning.The 66 Dart is going for alignment and w.shield.I bet this U.S car is cold and breathing some crisp Ontario air.LOL!!Took some pics. to show the stance I,m after,I think I,ll crank-up the front a bit(little gasser look)6 banger!You can see front tires are outta whack from conversion.Enjoy!

trim 085.jpg

trim 086.jpg

trim 087.jpg

trim 084.jpg

trim 088.jpg

Hey Petty , I'm going to be working on my rear end clearence problems and getting rid of the 7 1/4 grenade this spring if I can find some $$. Love my 65, not many of us left......I am in Oakville as well.

In would be interested in the disc brake upgrade you did. Did you go with the later Abody discs or one of the aftermarket set ups? Did you change the spindles, Upper A arms? (I am assuming you had 9" drums). As I said I need an 8 3/4 as well. Lots to do. looks like you are doing everything on my list.

In would be interested in the disc brake upgrade you did. Did you go with the later Abody discs or one of the aftermarket set ups? Did you change the spindles, Upper A arms? (I am assuming you had 9" drums). As I said I need an 8 3/4 as well. Lots to do. looks like you are doing everything on my list.
I found a 73 Swinger 318 auto car on Kijiji in London.Paid $500 car was running,so I stripped it and used the U.C.A,spindles and proportioning valve,also kept the pushrod for m.cylinder.Carquest had all rotors,calipers,drums,shoes,pads, master.My 8 3/4 is all brand new.If I had to do it again I would just by brand new from Moser,Price would be the same by the time your done,except all the labour putting it all together!If you have any questions,PM me.I have a 8 3/4 housing out of a 73 satellite for sale cheap with axels and chunk.Axels have to be shortened also housing!

Well I,ve come to the conclusion that the slant is going to be a P.A.S!The headers are leaking at the head and I tried to fix the leak(header flanges are warped)on and off # times and they,re still leaking.I also took them to machine shop to be plained.They are just to far gone.Was gonna look into getting Dutra duals,but for that price plus shipping to Canada from Cali. $$ I,ve decided I can buy a running 60,000 mile 360 out of a Ramcharger for $300.So now I,ll need advise from early-A guys on this swap.I have a bunch of V8 stuff already,800cfm thermoquad,torker2 intake,elec. dizzy,wire,rad,tranny(904)d.shafts.Where is the best place and deal for conv. kit?M.mounts,headers.What else do I need?Any help will really be appreciated.Thanks.

Well the $300 motor didn,t pan out,so I continued my search and came across a rebuilt 77 360,cranks .10 over,pistons .30over with a mild crane cam(hyd.)I made a deal with the guy,and he threw in the re-built 904 tranny and torque converter.I went to check it out,reached a set price and I bought them.I,ll take some pics. tomorrow when I get it out of my truck.I can,t believe I,ve got this motor,tranny combo so fast!The guy was desperate and happy to have some cash$$and room in his garage.I need to find some motor mounts and headers now.Then it,s time to yank and sell off the 6cyl. with all the stuff with it(4bbl. intake carb and headers)Time will tell how this comes along!LOL!!

I used the mounts from Schumacher and the headers from from Spitfire. the headers took a long time to come, but were of good quality when I got them. I am running a holley 670, comp XE262 cam, and an airgap intake. it is pretty fun!!

Planning on 3.91 gear install in the spring, then it should really rip.

Well I,ve had no luck finding any parts(mounts,headers)on FABO,so I ordered the kit from Schumacher,also spitfire headers.I bought a rebuilt 360 with a rebuit 904 tranny.I,m gonna put a trans-go 2 shiftkit in it for now.I found a manual steering box locally and already have the floor column.Now I have to buy a floor shifter,and rig up a kickdown?Thank god I,m back to work,so I,m limited to working on the Dart.Fingers crossed with the delivery of the spitfires?

Well I,ve had no luck finding any parts(mounts,headers)on FABO,so I ordered the kit from Schumacher,also spitfire headers.I bought a rebuilt 360 with a rebuit 904 tranny.I,m gonna put a trans-go 2 shiftkit in it for now.I found a manual steering box locally and already have the floor column.Now I have to buy a floor shifter,and rig up a kickdown?Thank god I,m back to work,so I,m limited to working on the Dart.Fingers crossed with the delivery of the spitfires?
pettyblue, If you'd like... PM me your floorshift budget. I have found the parts, but I need to talk cash money to the guy. I'll get the buddy price, but you know the old adge...$ talks, BS...well you know. [-(

PM sent Outsider.This weekend I,m borrowing a engine hoist,sand blaster and compressor from friends.This week I,m on day,s and will be coming home after work to yank the 6 cyl. out and clean up the engine bay.Stay tuned!Pics. to follow.:clock:Waiting on mounts and headers to arrive.

Sounds like the plan is coming together!! I cant tell you how nice it is to see that beautiful Dart being given a new lease on life. Cant wait to see the progress when that slant comes out and you get ready for the transplant!!

Sounds like the plan is coming together!! I cant tell you how nice it is to see that beautiful Dart being given a new lease on life. Cant wait to see the progress when that slant comes out and you get ready for the transplant!!
I,m anxiuos to get to work on it,but just went back to work after layoffs.That,s o.k though,money is good!LOL!!

I,m anxiuos to get to work on it,but just went back to work after layoffs.That,s o.k though,money is good!LOL!!
Well glad to hear that you are back to work! The best part of this hobby is that the only deadlines that exist are the ones we place on ourself.

You won't regret using the schumacker kit, we used their stuff and it made it easy to put everything together. Car is looking awesome, you won't be disappointed with a V8, it will be worth the work and the cost.

-
Back