Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Well I got out for some more T&T tonight with new Caltracs and mono-leaf setup.I also got my big tires back on(29x12x15,s).The car is back to hooking great and being consistant.I ran 11.17@119mph 60 fts 1.55.Now to start tweaking the Caltracs abit for danglin the "O,s" LOL.

Well I got out for some more T&T tonight with new Caltracs and mono-leaf setup.I also got my big tires back on(29x12x15,s).The car is back to hooking great and being consistant.I ran 11.17@119mph 60 fts 1.55.Now to start tweaking the Caltracs abit for danglin the "O,s" LOL.

Heck of a deal Scott! What was your best last year?

Heck of a deal Scott! What was your best last year?
Hi Tracy!My best lastyear(October) was 10.81@124 60 fts 1.50 with a bit of a tail wind LOL.Tonight was 90* out with 105* humidity,so should get it back down in the 10,s with better weather(cooler).:mrgreen:

:razz::razz::razz::razz: Nice, Dana under an Abody is always to be feared. Hmmmmmm if you are thinking of a Hemi, call me on the stroker. Just kidding, way to go Scott!!

Looks like a serious piece Scotty.. Bullet proof! toolman

Well the Dana and new chrome-moly driveshaft with 1350 u-joints is in.wa quite the task setting up degreed center with the perches not being welded on(in/out,in/out)Alls good to go,also gonna try my 15,s up front,but probably will rub on my hedders too much,but gotta try them anyway.Also gonna try a Dominator out,see if it,s too much?We,ll see?
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 359.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 362.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 361.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 363.jpg

That 60 is a thing of beauty. I need a couple for my 69 Scout project and oh yeah, it will be mopar powered.

:burnout:Heading out to the track for some passes with the new Dana and 4.56 gears.I,ve also put my 26inch ProStars up front to see if makes a difference over the small 14,s(26,s will rub on my hedders turning)After a couple passes I,m gonna also try the DOMINATOR LOL!Will post my outcome when I get home around midnight.Til then...peace out!:cheers:

Might have to stay up late for this one! Good luck Scott!

Well I didn,t get any quicker times,still 10.90,s at 119mph.My 60fts are down to 1.48 which is a good start.It definetly pulls the wheels alot more,gonna have to get some video in a couple weekends.Stay tuned..:happy1:

Well I didn,t get any quicker times,still 10.90,s at 119mph.My 60fts are down to 1.48 which is a good start.It definetly pulls the wheels alot more,gonna have to get some video in a couple weekends.Stay tuned..:happy1:
Pretty good start with yet another new set up. This season has been a learning experiance that's for sure. Credit to you for sticking with it and making the changes in pursuit of the ET numbers(goals) you wan't to achieve. You are a great roll model for everyone working on a project. Great example of what the game is all about. Did you try the dominator? I would think there would be some tuning involved to get that puppy dialed in as well.

Wally,I didn,t get to try the dominator.It was kind of a busy night with lots of cars,plus I was liking the frontend lift too much(didn,t want to spoil it LOL)Hey,they,re having Mopar Day at the track on Sunday Sept.11.Bring the 65 out for some fun times.I do have some 9 inch slicks on rallys(hint,hint):D

Well I finally got the pic I,ve been after all season:cheers:This past saturday was the Northern Nostalgia Nationals(ONDR Event)also was Mopar Day on sunday.I got these pics sent in an e-mail and found my car.I,m really liking this pic:burnout:Tomorrow night I,ll be trying out the dominator,it,s on and ready to go.Enjoy the pic...:D
http://jvm.smugmug.com/Racing/Northern-Nostalgia-Nationas/19004389_Rsg7xf#1476774650_2vvjwMj

Was running 11.01@119mph 60fts 1.47

Well I,m going racing for the weekend.Hope to get some good times in cool weather.Weatherman is calling for 37 degrees this weekend.Brrrrr!Guess I,ll bring the electric woodstove for inside the trailer..:thumrigh:The cars going for paint in a couple weeks.
View attachment DSC4575-L.jpg

Well I,m going racing for the weekend.Hope to get some good times in cool weather.Weatherman is calling for 37 degrees this weekend.Brrrrr!Guess I,ll bring the electric woodstove for inside the trailer..:thumrigh:The cars going for paint in a couple weeks.
View attachment 266095

I just got caught up and seeing that 8 3/4 that way sure tells me you have that little early A hooking up :thumrigh:
We are getting your weather down my way and sending the low temps in to the 40'es our way on Sunday.
Well Well Well :p:p We should have known it would take a dana to handle your build :iconbigg: I bet it was a job to get it set and centered but I knew you had it in you :cheers:
Hang on tight and have a great strong end Scott :cheers:
I enjoyed getting caught up this morning as I enjoy my morning :coffee2:
Just make sure you pit in a deep area and turn it like the big boy's do and the 15's will be fine, I hope the cold air brings you your best run before the new skin goes on :wav:

-
Back