find me a heater control valve!

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
i cant find one for my 70 dart anywhere. car is a /6 came w/ AC but doesnt have it any more. i need a new heater control valve an can only find b an e body valves

Four Seasons has an Aftermarket one that works fine, It Doesnt Look Original But IT WILL FIT !!price:Less than $20.00 @ Advanced Auto!!:cheers:

The Advanced Part#is 74612, The sku# is 5652812,GOOD LUCK!!!:cheers::cheers:

The Sku is the item number used in the store so the employees can look it up

I tried getting one back in 2008. All the part houses gave me the same story. I even tried looking for a brand x and could not find one to work with the vacuum. I was led to this supplierhttp://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEheaterValve.asp but went the cheap route instead. I went to lowes and for $5 I got a ball valve instead. I turn it on in the winter and off in the summer. A lot off guys used that method on their trucks down here so they could circulate air with the fan motor.

I just bought the Factory Air valve from Advance, but would like to find one that looks like the OEM version.
Here is the Advance unit (part # 74690), which is $28.99, but then I used a Coupon Code, and it ended up $23.22: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__5481392-P_394_R|GRPCOOLAMS____

Here is the one on my car. It moves open and closed fine, but the insides are rusty and crusty.

P2220001.jpg

bumping this thread back. anyone find a place to get a factory style replacment? ^^^

thanks, chuck

edit: forgot mine is a 74' dart with a/c. looks just like the one in the pic above

70 model is the larger valve with a servo that requires 2 vacuum lines ?
You might be better off just replacing all of the components to non a/c if you dont intend to restore the a/c . That push button controller is prone to failure anyway.
Good luck either way

-
Back