Finding Exhaust Manifold Casting Numbers

-

moparsince60

Reaction score
I have a 1971 Demon 340 I have had since 1979. In 2015, the restoration started. I am ready to order an exhaust system from Accurate Exhaust. They say they need the numbers off the exhaust manifolds in order to get me the correct pipes. The people working on the car can't find any numbers. Can anyone please tell me where I can locate the numbers on the manifolds? Or is it possible there may be no numbers to find? And also, if you purchased from Accurate Exhaust, are you satisfied with what you have? Thank you all in advance.

I have a 1971 Demon 340 I have had since 1979. In 2015, the restoration started. I am ready to order an exhaust system from Accurate Exhaust. They say they need the numbers off the exhaust manifolds in order to get me the correct pipes. The people working on the car can't find any numbers. Can anyone please tell me where I can locate the numbers on the manifolds? Or is it possible there may be no numbers to find? And also, if you purchased from Accurate Exhaust, are you satisfied with what you have? Thank you all in advance.
Are correct for your year car? 3418623, 3614368 are your correct numbers.

Jake

Not all of them have casting numbers, do you have a photo of what you have?

I've owed about 25 of these and everyone had number (pretty clear numbers). Here's what I still have left over:

DSC07775.JPG
DSC07776.JPG
DSC07777.JPG

Treblig

Like has been said and shown, they are sometimes on the inside face...you have to remove them to see, unless you can slip a mirror in there to read them....

Some driver's side manifolds have the numbers sort of etched/stamped into the manifold alongside the exit flange. They can be difficult to see as they are not pronounced.

Accurate gets a big thumbs up from me. Bought TTI and Accurate downpipes (for factory 318 manifolds) just to compare for myself with the intention of selling what we didn't use. The TTI's are for sale. Accurate fit with no problems. IMO Better pipes.

Driver side manifold should be the 2863553 number. The 3418621 number is the manifold for all other non-A cars with a 340

Last edited:
-
Back