Fire/Paramedic/police/Healthcare members

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hey.............I was interested in knowing if we have members who are related to public safety and public well being. With the amount of members here im sure there has to be some.............Thought it would be a good thread to introduce ourselves and what we do. Especially vent crap...LOL.............I know what it can be like................I will start......:thumbup:

I work at a local hospital as a Orthopedic Technoligist.........Fractures, sprains, casting, dressings,wound care, wound debridement diabetic care..Ect...I know it can get crazy and doing things for the public are rewarding but sometimes can drive you completely nutz...........Sometimes i could easily blow a gasket or think of going to deep with the cast saw.........LOL..........Seriously ..Love the job but as of late the politics are getting rediculous......................Edd

I was a volunteer firefighter for 8 years loved every minute of helping people and talking to the kids,,,,,,then i got sick and couldn't do it anymore that sucks....

My wife is a family practice doc at an Indian Health Service clinic. I'm a Radiologic Technologist (X-ray Tech) but for now I'm a stay-at-home dad.

My brother was a paid firefighter and a vol. And also a ems worker. But he was blown off a ladder doing a fire 7 yrs ago and broke the bone in his leg came out the side, and has had 7 diff. Surgeries and 28 bolts put in place and cut .5 off the bone now he has been told he needs to have 2 more surgeries. I really respect those that do this kinda work mike

I've been a Firefighter/EMT for ten years. I'm green to FABO my avatar is my new 68 cuda it's my first muscle car project and I joined the site cause I'M sure I will have Questions.
I just quit driving it cause I'm going to start my journey of restoration..but my god is it fun to drive.

I work at a local hospital as a Orthopedic Technoligist.........Fractures, sprains, casting, dressings,wound care, wound debridement diabetic care..Ect...I know it can get crazy and doing things for the public are rewarding but sometimes can drive you completely nutz...........Sometimes i could easily blow a gasket or think of going to deep with the cast saw.........LOL..........Seriously ..Love the job but as of late the politics are getting rediculous......................Edd

You know your stuff years back you put a cast on my oldest Daughters arm.

I was a vol. firefighter/EMT for over 20 years and have seen it all.
To us insiders...ever get a doctor kicked off a scene??

Certified Surgical Tech, I also teach in a Surgical Tech program, soon to start Nursing school..........

I work as a Correction Officer for Illinois. Worked at a Max joint for 9 yrs but now work at a "secured" Medium institution. Sounds crazy but I liked working at the Max joint better. I could never work at a women or kids institution.(To much politics and additudes)

I recently left a job at the local hospital as a Triage Tech. Great job if you like helping people, bad job if you want to stay healthy. On busy days I triaged 80-90 people and even with all the precautions I caught MRSA, and numerous respiratory and abdominal bugs. Let me add that up until I started working there I have always been very healthy and hardly even get colds. I eventually left when I noticed that the ER Doc was pulling everyone's records and when I asked him why he said that people with HIV many times would not reveal that fact to ER personnel. I was ok with that as I used universal precautions with everyone. The clincher came when a nurse in a hurry to help me load a dead body accidentally grabbed a chest tube and I wound up getting sprayed in the eyes and face with blood. As it were the deceased was a homeless, degenerate, alcoholic that local law enforcement knew well. I had to go through the emergency shots that must be administered before the 2 hour window closes. Add to that all the politics and drama. I pushed eject, fortunately I kept my Science Teaching Certification current and I am returning to the classroom. The grass is not always greener.

Police officer for 18 years, the last 15 with the Colorado State Patrol. Currently a firearms instructor and motorcycle officer. Been driving Mopars since my '69 Road Runner bought when I was 15.

This is great to hear from you all...........Snake never realized that..........Small world......It takes a one of kind person to do these kinds of jobs or any job really..........I thought a thread like this would be good to get to know some members on a different level..........One we all love Mopars and second another bond of similar experiences. I take pride in my job...........Like others it has its moments. Im not sure what its like in the U.S.A but im getting sick and tiered of politics and how much it costs being shoved down my throat...........I think its about time the people who oversee and spend the dam money take responsability for it..............Instead of laying off the lil person.Here thats all i hear from my new boss.........Ortho has and still is..in the black..........Now there taking funds from us to balance other crap and now putting preasure on us.......What the hell........Our elderly is getting screwed over, Some of our children go hungry and do without and theres never enough money to go around??????????????????Hmmmmmmmmmm! stop helping out everyflipping country with our money. Like to know what it would be like if Canada and the U.S.A stopped giving a **** for others in a different country.....Dont get me wrong.....helping is good..but how much is to much......You have to look after home as well....FIRST........God bless the men and women overseas trying to help and bring order to a tough situation....You all rock. JM2C Edd:drinkers:

I'm a 15 year veteran police officer, currently assigned as a shift commander and fleet manager. In addition to the officers I work with, I also oversee a small fleet of late model chargers, with a few Ford and Chevy products sprinkled in as well.

Im a volunteer firefighter of about a year, Honesdale FD 13-E1, I love it. My dad has been a volunteer since 1968 when he got out of the military. He is the current chief and has been for the last 8 years.

armed Park Ranger since 07'... you guys would be surprised to see what kind of stuff I see in the summer time :)

71' Duster that I have owned since 01', when I was in highschool...

I was a Reserve Deputy for the local Sheriff's office for 15years. Seen lots that will stick with me the rest of my life. Reserve's around here are volunteer's.

-
Back