Firecore Distributor

-

Lustle

Reaction score
So I got one of them rev-n-nator boxes. But I'm currently running an unknown reman distributor. I'm looking at the firecore setup from Mancini, as recommended by rev-n-nator. I emailed them to ask a few questions. As I'm at work when they are open. But I haven't heard back yet. I would have called on saturday but I was too busy up at the Outlaw show in edmonton. Anyone ordered one of these units, or got one? I'm mostly curious about the mechanical advance. Is it adjustable? Does it come with the spring/weights I need? Or is that a whole nother separate deal? Do they give you any idea of what springs/weights give you waht curve? Or is it a try and find out deal?

Appreciate your help fellas!

mine never did work right, but i live in the northern part of the country as you do, and i never installed it until after the warranty ran out, theres a few threads on here about firecore issues. maybe they have worked out their quality issues? mine is now a good ornament on garage shelf!yes it did come with springs and detailed instructions

Your reman would be fine, send it to Don @ FBO with all your specs and have him curve and phase it for ya. Just may have to deal with him razzing you for buying the fire core box instead of his, but would be cheaper and probably more accurate than shelling out the $ for the Firecore dizzy

Are you looking at the MRE 90430 FireCore distributor? It is an excellent distributor and well worth the money. The FireCore distributors are my first choice in distributors. All of them are infinitely adjustable in the mechanical advance and come with a selection of springs to tune the advance rate. You can also purchase the Mallory 29014 advance curve kit to have even a greater selection of springs and paddles to set the amount of advance.

Are you looking at the MRE 90430 FireCore distributor? It is an excellent distributor and well worth the money. The FireCore distributors are my first choice in distributors. All of them are infinitely adjustable in the mechanical advance and come with a selection of springs to tune the advance rate. You can also purchase the Mallory 29014 advance curve kit to have even a greater selection of springs and paddles to set the amount of advance.

^^Ditto, My dad has one in his 440. Super easy to set up as stated above. No removal, disassemble, weld and redoing it all again and agian to get it right.

There are two types, a "Ready to Run" and a Stock replacement to use your stock or other ignition box. We have the Stock one and a Chome Mopar box. I plan to get one for my 340 soon.

I am looking at the MRE90430. To run with my rev-n-nator. I just was curious what all comes with it. I want to be able to tinker a little more with my timing and what not. I've heard of others having problems. But I will be dropping mine in and running it asap, so I don't think I'll have to worry about warranty expiration or anything.

I wouldn't mind sending out to recurve my distributor. But I am big on doing a lot of this myself. I want to know every facet of my car and really get it dialed in for best performance. Plus it's the best way to learn and ignition/distributors are always a place that seem mysterious to some. And I wanna learn as much about it as I can.

These are the instructions for the Summit 850027 distributor which is the Firecore distributor except it has the HEI terminals on the cap. I recommend getting the Mallory 29014 kit, though you don't have to have it, because it makes setting the total mechanical advance less of a guess.

-
Back