Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Tires

-
Brand new and never driven on, now they're cracked between the treads and one has a small side wall bubble.
Dam shame, but good rollers.

20211217_150620.jpg

I see Alan posted a picture of my Barracuda with those Firehawks. I put them on in the early 2000s, maybe 2005. They were the best tire I've ever run. In 2010 I did the Spring Fling track day at Willow Springs. Great grip, totally stable at high speed. Sadly, I just scrapped them, after they were sitting partially inflated for 8-9 years. They were over-age anyway. I didn't realize they had reintroduced the brand. They didn't turn up in any of my searches when I bought tires last summer. But I was only looking for 14s. I replaced them with Cooper Cobras, which are OK so far — haven't really worked them out. Read too many bad reviews of T/As, which were the only other "performance" option in that size. BTW, I didn't care for the way this trucker tied down my wheels — he could have dented my trim rings.

I had them on my 440 6pack 4 speed 1970 Roadrunner and they were very good. Lasted forever and good grip.

-
Back