First car to 3 million miles? (this guy taught at my jr. high school)

-
WOW that is amazing, I like those P1800 volvos but 3 million miles and one owner, WOW

i do not buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if he teaches at a school, how can he rack up miles like that with a 8 hr work shift. i call bull **** instead of spiniing it back, he spun it forward.lmao

Yeeeaaaahhhh I dont buy it either. Thats over 66,000 miles a year for the past 45 years straight. Do OTR truckers even do that kind of mileage?? He must live in New York, and work in LA. And is affraid of airplanes LMAO!!

I dont believe it was driven 3 million miles without a team of drivers. It may have turned the wheels and odometer that far while sitting in one spot though.

over the road truckdrivers run about 100,000- 120,000 miles per year.
why does he have to drive this car soo far? Is he an over the road car driver?
it's not easy either racking up all those miles, I know too, Ive got about 2 million miles OTR driving semi's and that took about 24 years (on and off).
That guy does not have a job! HE cant work, he doesnt have time to work, he has to drive his car!

Another non-believer here . That car looks to good to have those miles .

I've read somewhere that at one million miles Volvo offered to completely restore the vehicle. I believe this may be the car the article was regarding. If that's the case it may have been gone through at a million miles and perhaps again at 2 million miles.

Imagine what it cost to drive 3 million miles.......

? I do construction sales and cover In Mi and Oh my best year was 33600 miles ?
I just don't see how he could do it ?

So lets take the time to do the math.
1966 to 2010 (lets not count this year) = 44 years
3,000,000 miles / 44 years = 68,182 miles per year
68,182 miles / 12 months = 5,682 miles per month
5,682 miles / 30 days = 189 miles per day

why is this so impossible to believe?

I still call bs. 189 miles a day, every single day for the past 44 years. Dude would have to live behind the wheel of his volvo. No f'in way. I would guess that the odometer in his volvo only registers up to 99,999 miles right? Who is watching this odometer roll over to verify his claim? Is someone watching this occur besides the owner? Where does he drive? How many times has the engine been replaced or rebuilt? There is no way this pos volvo has racked up that many miles!!! Please prove me wrong! I want to know how they tracked his mileage.

Well a few years ago there was a story about a a elderly couple who only bought one car new in 1959 and the same dealer did all the service work on the car. no major engine repairs trans or other repairs. Just the maintenance work. It took them a life time to get 1 Million miles. It was a Mercedes Benz. A life time for them in their 80's and that was in the late 80's when the story came out. Mercedes verified everything and bought the car back to restore it for their museum.

So lets take the time to do the math.
1966 to 2010 (lets not count this year) = 44 years
3,000,000 miles / 44 years = 68,182 miles per year
68,182 miles / 12 months = 5,682 miles per month
5,682 miles / 30 days = 189 miles per day

why is this so impossible to believe?

because its 189 miles a day every day for 44 years.

That car is at all the local shows. including the one every thursday 30 seconds from my house. Real cool car and great story behind it. I guess he drove that thing 24/7 lol

I remember hearing about that guy a few years back. Interesting story, although I have no clue weather its true or not. However, I work with people that drive more than 189 miles per day to work and back. I live about 35 miles from my work, any further and I would move closer.

-
Back