First Mopar

-

Creedmoor

Recovering Fordaholic
Reaction score
Hi All, Just got my first Mopar ('68 Barracuda) after lusting after my neighbor's 71 dart for about 5 years. Found this board and lurked for a couple of weeks and decided I liked it - so here I am. Pretty solid car. I'm spending a bit (ok, a lot) of time and effort undoing an electrical system that's been "bypassed like a Christmas tree" (extra points for anyone who can identify that quote) to try and make it right. Car also came with complete disc brake setup from a '67 Formula S - I just need to install it. As soon as I finish with the electrical nightmare, the dash restoration and the decent stereo install (it all started because my parking lights didn't work and just sort of snowballed from there) I'll be switching over to electronic (Pertronix) ignition. So many projects, so little time, and not enough money! Anyway, looking to learn about the wonderful world of Mopars. I'll have LOTS of questions.

Attachments

• cuda.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 257
let me be the first to welcome you to the site. nice ride 68 is my favorite year

Nice 68- welcome to the site! All the help you'll need is right here at FABO!

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
You'll never be the same now that you've been bitten by the Mopar bug. There's no known cure.
Ask away on the questions! Lots of great people here that will be sure to have the answers.

cool barracuda, check
disk brake upgrade, check
electronic ignition upgrade, check

yup look's like you have everything well in hand

Welcome to this great site! But that Cuda just doesn't seem right for you so I think you should sell it to me! lol..Love your Cuda! Good choice,enjoy!!

Welcome to FABO Creedmoor!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Very nice looking Cuda! Man do I love 2nd gens, and yours has a very unique look. Sorry to hear about the electrical problems - They can be the most frustrating.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC00633.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 127
that is a very very pretty car!

my first mopar was a '68 dart and i miss her. that was back in the late '80's. i recently got ahold of a '74 duster that is in sad shape and in need of some love. i was looking for a '68 but could not find one.

welcome to the site i hope you find all the information you need :D

p.s. check this site out. http://www.madelectrical.com/electrical-tech.shtml
there are mods for brighter headlights... using a denso alternator (lighter/more amps/gets rid of voltage regulator since one is built in) ... stuff about using relays and wiring blocks since using more amps can overload the old fashioned 40 year old wiring harnesses, etc. you can find a ton of information there.

Welcome. I can relate to your story, except its switched around. My neighbors wanted a Charger but could never afford one, so they got super jealous when ours was delivered, even though it was a POS back then.

MoparDart68
Sorry dude, didn't see your question till now. My Cuda has a lowly little 318 with a mild build on it. - Holley 1850, Eddy Performer manifold, cam and lifters, Pertronix "under the cap" electronic ignition, Accel super coil and superstock wires and dual 2 and a half inch exhaust with Flowmaster 40's. Future plans are to find some 302 heads - after new carpet. Here's a pic of the bay - nothin' special really - but I love driving it!:heart:
Oh, the other pic is with my buddy's 71 Swinger at Willow Grove beach on the Columbia River today - hard to believe it's January in the pacific NW!

Attachments

• S5300465.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Cuda n Dart.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 71
-
Back