first "new parts" question for 67 dart gt

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
well loving the dart except that tghe drivers side rear shock just gave out
looking to replace them but would like to know what length of shock to get to raise the rear end up a bit? not a foot or anything just a bit to give the car a little rake angle. i do have a 2 inch lift kit i could use also but either way i need new shocks. any thoughts? just a simple daily driver /6 engine auto.

well loving the dart except that tghe drivers side rear shock just gave out
looking to replace them but would like to know what length of shock to get to raise the rear end up a bit? not a foot or anything just a bit to give the car a little rake angle. i do have a 2 inch lift kit i could use also but either way i need new shocks. any thoughts? just a simple daily driver /6 engine auto.

shocks will not lift car up....they only control the spring and keep tires on the road.....you may need new rear springs...which can be rearched for the height that you want

Air shocks will lift the rear ,
make it ride like a mower too.

ah well that was dumb on my part - lol! many thanks. dunno why i was thinking the shocks lifted the car? sometimes i am brain-defunct.

half leafs are an affordable alternative to replacing springs. Easy to unstall too. JC Whitney and others offer them.

are these napa shocks complete crap? i found the kyb shocks for 40 each and i can wait a few days for them to come in. napa has these in stock and i can replace em today. but if they are crap i'll just skip em and order the kyb ones.

Click on image to see enlarged view

Item#: RR 94102

Price: $16.99
tax and shipping not included

Disclaimer: The stated price may vary from the in store price and may change at anytime.

Attributes:
Product Features:Response Shock Absorbers Are Nitrogen Gas Charged & Feature Velocity Sensitive Valving & All Weather Fluid
Which Offers Improved Comfort At An Economical Price.
Upper Mount:Stem 3/8" x 16
Lower Mount:Loop Type 7/16" x 1 1/4"
Compressed Length:9.875"
Extended length:15.75"
Travel Length:5.875"
Dust Shield:Yes
Parts Pack(s) #:p1134

-
Back