first oil change on new-to-me duster

-

DirtySwiffer

Reaction score
Im doing my first oil change on my duster. The motor was just rebuilt from eddy 650 to milodon oil pan. When i got the car it was in the car not running, and needed to be wired in. I have no specs or any information on the engine, besides that it is a 360. I got the car running and would like to change the oil to rid it of any break-in debris.
So i have a few concerns.

First my main concern is when i drained the oil, i got only about 3.5-4 quarts of oil out of it. But my dip stick read full before draining. I hadnt run the car for a few days before the oil drain. So if someone running a 360 with a milodon oil pan could measure your dipstick and send me measurements to the full line?

Next the filter on it now is a fram ph43, id like to switch to a purolator or wix. Im running headers, so i need the smallest filter i can get. If someone could fill me in on a part number for either that is equivalent to the fram ph43 thatd be very helpful.

Lastly id like some input on what oil i should run for my first 150-200 miles. I dont know what kind on breakin oil was used, but was assured that there was break in oil in the engine when i bought the car.

Also, im new to the classic car/mopar world, so any tips or advice for helping me out with this new engine would be awesome. Thankyou- Ryan

PH43 Fram = 51068 Wix

If you haven't tossed the used oil or mixed it with anything, you may want to consider getting an oil analysis kit. The kind I'm thinking of involve taking a small sample of oil and sending it to a lab for results.

x2 on the 51068 Just drive it and have fun. Back in the day they used straight 20w or straight 30w any oil you use today is better than that. Most pa oils have paraffin in them I don't like it but that's just my opinion. It builds up over time.

okay thankyou guys. just wasnt sure if there was anything specific i should run... im a castrol gtx kind of guy. and i have access to both the wix and purolator, so thankyou. i will look over the oil pan tomorrow in the light.

Not knowing what cam they put in when it was built, it may be a good idea to ad some zinc additive.

to 71beater. i looked the pan over for a part number and could find nothing on the exterior of the pan. would pictures help my cause at all?

to 71beater. i looked the pan over for a part number and could find nothing on the exterior of the pan. would pictures help my cause at all?

yes a picture would help..

i always run the napa gold 1068(wix 51068)

i ran valvoline VR1 20/50 oil in my 350.

Walmart sells actual mopar filters MO-090. Black with blue M.
ya pictures will help. ..

So.....you dumped new oil out? I run break in oil until the engine is completely broken in. That could be 2500 miles depending on cross hatch pattern and ring type.

i did dump the breakin oil out. i was told to get the breakin oil out before too much wear debris ran through the engine and filter. 'cosgig' i did take into consideration the amout of oil in the filter. I put in 5 quarts of new oil and a zinc additive. the oil level on my dipstick is at least an inch above the full line on my dip stick. the level of the oil is right between the words "use" and "only" on the dip stick.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 144
  • 010.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 011.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 013.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 014.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 165
-