First outing in the Altered!!

-

funnycar farmer

Reaction score
You guys know the feeling when you take your ride out for its first outing- nervous,excited,stomach in knots. I had all these this afternoon, but afterwards, and right now, you can't wipe the grin off my face!!! A bit grainy on the video, but you'll get the jist. Thanks to Mike for throwing the video camera out in the street to help me film it!!

Dale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZum0jYG3ns

Ok, where are the shots of you standing that bad boy on its bumper...8)

Very Cool!

OldMoparsRule!

Not quite yet! A few small details to smooth out the wrinkles, then its off to the track for some seat time. Its just way too sketchy to play around on my street or any street for that matter. The man cruises my neck of the woods quite often, so I've loaded my wallet with business cards from all my buddy cops just in case!

That thing looks bad! Can you do that to mine??!! FABO discount?? Someday.....:toothy10:

Picture 660.jpg

Keith- you know what I say about your car! Don't touch it!!! Its one of my favorites here!

YeeHaaa!! looking and sounding great.
Gongrat's Dale.

AWESOME!!!! that thing is so darn mean!!! Can't wait to see some video of it at the track!
How does it handle/steer? The stance is incredible!
Good work! What are you doing for the next one?
-Tim

Nice job. I hope your laws and cops are different than ours. That back bumper is WAY too high to be legal in Maryland. They would pull you over every couple of blocks.

AWESOME!!!! that thing is so darn mean!!! Can't wait to see some video of it at the track!
How does it handle/steer? The stance is incredible!
Good work! What are you doing for the next one?
-Tim
Tim- It seems to track very well, with no bumpsteer which kinda surprised me, as this car is set up for near steer as opposed to Magnante's which has cross steer. But I need to address the worn out steering box though. It has a small amount of slop, which coupled with the straight axles new steering geometry makes for a fun outing! The stance is still slightly too nose down for my taste, but I know those super stock springs are going to do some settling over the next several month's and they should come around, so I'm not going to play with leaf spring's until that happens. My friend Jason Kennedy is coming by today to help me polish out the car to ready it for next weeks gold leafing and lettering session, but I'm pretty sure I'll take it to a car show they are having here in town tomorrow. Can't just let it sit in the garage now, can we.

The next one, Tim?
I'm gonna catch my breath after this one. The shop's got several ongoing projects right now, all needing work. Bob Mosher has the A-990 car that I need to immerse myself in, and we may buy another B-body more-door, do a post conversion, then hack into it. I also want to find a Valiant to straight axle as well. We recently expanded there, and the new space is already filling up! Soon as the lettering is done, I'll post up a few pictures!

Dale

nothing cooler then a straight axle early mopar! thats what i'd do to a 62' fury if I could ever find one.

I actually was able to drive the Dart out on the freeway, putting around twenty miles or so. I seem to have a few fuel-related issues, but the car handled brilliantly, keeping up with the flow of traffic. I took it to a memorial service this morning, and Steve Magnante was in attendance as well. He had not seen nor heard the car until this morning. Its been several month's since I've had the chance to drive his, but it sounds like they are virtually identical in driving characteristics. We WILL have our match-bash race between the two Darts. Somewhere in mid-Ohio, each of us will cart our cars out to duke it out. Best of three? Stay tuned.

Dale

So we will be able to see this car in person on Saturday Aug 23rd at the Mopar Invasion All Mopar Cruise In at Ricky and Ronnies in Torrance??? =P~

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=41406

There was a 64/65? Dart for sale on Bronson just north of Sunset in Hollywood. Car is still there but with for sale sign off of it IIRC. It's fairly clean but I think they wanted $3800 or something. Too much IMHO.

I actually was able to drive the Dart out on the freeway, putting around twenty miles or so. I seem to have a few fuel-related issues, but the car handled brilliantly, keeping up with the flow of traffic. I took it to a memorial service this morning, and Steve Magnante was in attendance as well. He had not seen nor heard the car until this morning. Its been several month's since I've had the chance to drive his, but it sounds like they are virtually identical in driving characteristics. We WILL have our match-bash race between the two Darts. Somewhere in mid-Ohio, each of us will cart our cars out to duke it out. Best of three? Stay tuned.

Dale

mid-ohio??? keep me posted, i'm in cincinnati and i would love to take a short trip to see this in person and get an up-close look at these magnificent machines!!
-tim

Congrats on your new ride being driveable.
8)
Any plans to get the Reverse lights to work??

On a few of my vehicles over the years, I used a toggle switch for the backup
lights, I would use a "Lighted" switch, so I would notice it was "On".

The car turned out nice.:cheers:

So we will be able to see this car in person on Saturday Aug 23rd at the Mopar Invasion All Mopar Cruise In at Ricky and Ronnies in Torrance??? =P~

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=41406

There was a 64/65? Dart for sale on Bronson just north of Sunset in Hollywood. Car is still there but with for sale sign off of it IIRC. It's fairly clean but I think they wanted $3800 or something. Too much IMHO.
Steve- I'll be at the 'mercy' of Tom Clark, who will perform all the vintage lettering and gold leafing on the car. The work may overlap into the Mopar Show. Hopefully not. I'm going to try and have it ready for the 'fling, I'll just keep the hood shut and warn passersby to not flinch too much at the site of a - - - - - in the engine bay.

wow nice car dale!! itll be even more sweet with some nice goldleaf lettering, cant wait to see the pics/more vids!!

It`s easy to see how those cars coined the funny car name. Congratulations on your maiden voyage!
One of the site members here is building a long-nose Dart ala Charlie Allen. Wait 'til you see this Dart, guys! It'll blow you away!!

-
Back