first pass with new stroker

-
Watch "Mopar scrapper vs. Ford" on YouTube
Mopar scrapper vs. Ford: [ame]http://youtu.be/Kf64srd6sqk[/ame]
:D and my favorite past beating the Mustang!:D

I would be proud of that for a first time out. There's a ton left in it.

Sleeping at the light isn't a crime tonight! With a normal reaction time .... Well, I think that is a respectable thing ya got there. Sheeeeeeet, you took off and sounded real nice. It hustled down the track well. Once you get the rhythm down and some good traction/reaction, it'll be great!

Nice going! That is pretty good,for a new combo. 93 1/8 mile trap speed shows promise, work on that 2.1 60 ft.,expect a 11 second slip quickly. (and possibly a ten,with patience & tuning.)

Nice job! Tell your camera operator that it's okay to zoom in on the action.

I have a $100 bet with a buddy that I'll be running twelves straight out of the box with my stroker and will get thrown off the track for no cage by the end of the summer! He says "you don't know how hard it is to get a car into the twelves!?!". Yes, I do. I've seen several members here with similar builds go deep into the tens! He still thinks it's 1979.

Nice first outing :thumbup: definetly have an 11.xx et in there with that MPH.
Work on your 60'. Sounds awesome too!

I have a $100 bet with a buddy that I'll be running twelves straight out of the box with my stroker and will get thrown off the track for no cage by the end of the summer! He says "you don't know how hard it is to get a car into the twelves!?!". Yes, I do. I've seen several members here with similar builds go deep into the tens! He still thinks it's 1979.

ITell your buddy that I'll put in another $200 in on that 12's out of the box! Your motor is twice the build mine is. As far as the camera operator, she's my #1 fan and greatest supporter ! I'm going to merry that girl in August ! But agreed, I'll work on that.

I would be proud of that for a first time out. There's a ton left in it.

I'm so happy for the first time out with the new motor. There's so much still to work on. I just had to get it to the track and get some bugs to work on. Witch I already have a list.

Thanks to everyone for your help and encouragement !!!!!!!! :prayer: :burnout:

We are living vicariously through your videos! I could sit and watch Mopar stroker drag strip videos all day.

Watch "410 first pass" on YouTube
410 first pass: http://youtu.be/ZE8-VqrMhwM

Ok r/t sucks - again very first pass in 6 months. Oh boy ! It was pulling with freight train force !
View attachment 1714802427
The sound !

Well Done , What is your Convertor Stall And Rear Gearing , Once I got All The Bugs out Of Mine I ran a 13.079 @ 101mph which is 13mph less than yours my 60ft was 1.9 - 2.0 Hoping to Hit 12s next meet

Whats your build??...

Well Done , What is your Convertor Stall And Rear Gearing , Once I got All The Bugs out Of Mine I ran a 13.079 @ 101mph which is 13mph less than yours my 60ft was 1.9 - 2.0 Hoping to Hit 12s next meet

4 speed !

Whats your build??...

×2 600 cfm edelbrocks tunnel ram, 596heads (home porting- smoothing exhaust ports/ opening under all seats just a little bit- not getting carried away here I'm a first timer) then back to the shop for valve job-1.60/1.88 . Solid cam (oregon cam regrind)crower double springs (350LB open), smith brothers push rods, cam- duration@ .50 - 259/267 lift gross 546/566 lash .026/.028 lob sep. 104/110
Av. 107. 273 rockers. 360 block, scat stroker (cast) crank, scat I-beams, icon forged flat tops - 10.8 : 1 with 70cc heads.* little moroso water pump motor, homemade electric fan shroud (fans bought from a member thank you!)stock ignition.

Of course this will be in my 73*duster
gutted
4 speed pistol grip
355 trac lock 8 1/4
26 in street slicks

BrianT - has better heads and probably a carburetor that will perform much better than dual quads to start with and probably many other things

the night was not without its problems like old electrical issues and dipstick popping up and blowing oil! I did a compression check this morning with a brand new gauge and it wasn't perfect but it wasn't seeming like the rings. I did put on an exhaust PCV , but I only use one on one side and the old breathers on the other side which I believe may not be breathing well. got distracted the last time I was changing the plugs - all 4 on the driver side where finger tight GREAT ! !:violent1: the picture is #2 plug View attachment 20150322_123847.jpg

View attachment 20150322_104154.jpg

2 Edelbrocks with a tunnel ram is not "not getting carried away":cheers:

Sure is different, though. Not many guys running that around here. Looks real nice. I'd bet a sixpack, an AirGap with a HP950 would put you in the 11's right now.

Hey I just watched that again with the volume turned up. That thing sounds great!!
What muffs you runnin' and are you powershifting?

-
Back