first recipe Potato Cakes.

-

duckbuster

Reaction score
Guys this is the easiest one I know. Potato Cakes. Just get a box of instant potatoes, all purpose flour, and butter, salt and pepper. Follow the directions to make instant mashed potatoes. After they are done press them into hamburger bun size patties. Dip them in the flour add salt and pepper. Heat a skillet on med heat. When is hot enough to melt the butter place the cakes in the skillet untill golden brown. If you prefer add some chopped onion and bell peppers. These are great and so easy you dont even really need directions.

I have made something similar, but I used leftover mashed potatoes, added chopped green onions a beaten egg & some cumin. i have also made them minus the cumin, but added grated extra old cheddar.

Here's what you'll need:Toothpicks or cooking twine, Boneless chicken breasts,bread crumbs, stove top stuffing, avacado, lots of chopped up garlic, sliced up mushrooms, and extra sharp cheddar cheeze. OK. Heat oven to 375 degree's. grease a pyrex dish. 2-4" shallow. Does not matter how long or wide. Mix up the stuffing mixture and set it aside. Take how many boneless chicken breasts you want to do. Wash them up. Take a REAL SHARP KNIFE or felet knife and carefully slice the chicken breasts into pita pockets. Take the bread crumbs, put them into a bag. Put the chicken in the bag and shake it up. Cover the chicken,inside and out. Then take about 1 spoonful of your stuffing mixture, 2 thin slices of avocado, 1 spoonful of the garlic, 1 spoonful of mushrooms, and 1 slice of the cheeze and stuff it into the chicken breasts. [You'll get the amounts down to a science once you do it a couple of times.] Make sure that the mixture inside the bird is not coming out of the bird. Take your toothpicks and use them to close up the bird by shoving them through at an angle. Or you could use the cooking twine[which is what I prefer]. Close them up!!!! Stick them into your greased pan and put them into the oven for 30 minutes. You can cover them with parchment paper or leave them uncovered. DOES not MATTER.

Welcome to "How to become a house wife!"

Hosting the show today is duckbuster who will trading recipes with george and 65barracudadude... so don't go anywhere folks we'll be right back after these messages!

Get a pie pan or bowl and add some good high quality olive oil, not a lot, a few tablespoons will do. Add a pinch of garlic salt and a pinch of ground red pepper. Toss in a thawed, bonless, skinless chicken breast and flip it around so it's coated good. Let it sit while you do the next step.

Get a jar of Prego and put about a 1/3 of it in a small saucepan on low heat. Season to taste. I like to add a pinch of extra garlic powder, a pinch of salt and some fresh chopped onion. It's good to go once it starts to bubble. Don't forget to stir or it'll burn on the bottom of the saucepan.

Put a big pan of water on to boil. Take the chicken breast and throw it in a George Foreman grill once the water boils, then put your spaghetti noodles in the water and cook to taste. The chicken will be done in about 8 minutes but your cooking time may vary. Drain the noodles, plop the chicken on the plate and sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese, cover with noodles and the sauce and sprinkle on a touch of parmessan cheese.

If I have a date over I'll garnish with a sprig of parsley and break out a good bottle of red wine. If not, I'll slop it in a big bowl with a giant glass of milk. :-D

I have made something similar, but I used leftover mashed potatoes, added chopped green onions a beaten egg & some cumin. i have also made them minus the cumin, but added grated extra old cheddar.

I use a little Bisquik to keep them from getting a little too soupy. Makes them a little fluffier than flour does too.

Right on ramcharger!!!! Good recipe. I'll be ytrying that one out. I'm glad to see someone else jumping on here with some good old fashion cooking recipe's. Oh, mullinax95, I had not laughed out loud all day until I saw your post.

How about some Ribs! Get a couple racks of baby backs, cut each one in 3 sections. Put in a glass baking dish with about a half inch of water. Sprinkle liberally with ground thyme, a little salt and pepper, cover tightly with aluminum foil. bake at 275 for about 4 hours. Then fire up the grill and cook them with a med-med hi flame for about 10 minutes while you slather on your favorite sauce. You will be able to pull a bone out of the middle and it will be clean as a whistle. I guess the people down here would call it "Slap yo momma good!" I'll post one for crab cakes later if youre interested.

Welcome to "How to become a house wife!"

Hosting the show today is duckbuster who will trading recipes with george and 65barracudadude... so don't go anywhere folks we'll be right back after these messages!

LOL! Don't forget a recipe for Schweaty Balls. First time I saw this on Saturday Night Live I almost got a hernia from laughing so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9BqNOjPJxw&NR=1

Right on ramcharger!!!! Good recipe. I'll be ytrying that one out. I'm glad to see someone else jumping on here with some good old fashion cooking recipe's. Oh, mullinax95, I had not laughed out loud all day until I saw your post.

Thanks, I'll trying out yours too. :-D

How about some Ribs! Get a couple racks of baby backs, cut each one in 3 sections. Put in a glass baking dish with about a half inch of water. Sprinkle liberally with ground thyme, a little salt and pepper, cover tightly with aluminum foil. bake at 275 for about 4 hours. Then fire up the grill and cook them with a med-med hi flame for about 10 minutes while you slather on your favorite sauce. You will be able to pull a bone out of the middle and it will be clean as a whistle. I guess the people down here would call it "Slap yo momma good!" I'll post one for crab cakes later if youre interested.

Ribs!!!!! =P~=P~=P~ I'll try this one out too! I seen 'em boiled before, but never steamed. Yours sounds like a better idea.

Crock Pot Zesty Italian Chicken- super easy and tasty, serves 4.

Ingredients:

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
1/2 cup Zesty Italian dressing divided
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning divided
4 potatoes peeled and quartered

Cooking:

Place 4 boneless chicken breasts in your Crockpot and cover with half each of the dressing, cheese, and seasoning.
Place potatoes on chicken and top with the remaining dressing, cheese, and seasoning.
Cook on low 8 hours or high 4-5 hours.

I usually serve this with a salad and a vegetable, it`s simple and delicious.

This would and will be good for those bachalors that hang out here.
"Small Blocks Nachos Supreme"
Place chips on plate and top with left over taco meat and shreded cheese. Place in microwave till melted, about 40 seconds, remove and top with diced onions, jalepenos, tomatoes, lettuce, olives and your favorite sauce or sour cream. I can slam this together in about 2 minutes with all the leftovers in the frig. When i make tacos i always cut up a lot of extra fixins for this very reason.
Do i smell a FABO cookbook in the works?

Good idea Duckbuster. I'll post a duck recipe later. About anything i submit will go good with your favorite beer.

Easy Cajun Chili

6 oz. spicy Italian sausage links cut into ½ inch slices
4 boneless chicken thighs cubed
½ cup green bell pepper strips
½ cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove minced
1-15 oz. can Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans
1-14.5oz. can diced tomatoes
1 tsp. chili powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper

A. In Dutch oven combine sausage, chicken, bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook over med. Heat until sausage is brown and chicken is no longer pink. Drain.

B. Add all remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover; cook additional 30 minutes or until chili is thoroughly heated and flavors are blended, stirring occasionally.

My Version

1 pkg. Johnsonville New Orleans style sausage. Sliced.
1 pkg. chicken breast fillets. Cubed
1 green bell pepper chopped.
1 med. Onion chopped.
2 cloves garlic. Pressed
2 cans Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans (Meijers)
2 can diced tomatoes w/garlic basil and oregano (Meijers)
2 tsp. chili powder
lots of cayenne pepper
lots of Cajun seasoning (GFS Trade East seasonings)

A. Saute chicken until cooked, add garlic, onion, sausage, bell pepper.
B. Spice the mixture up with cayenne pepper and lots of Cajun seasoning to your liking. Let simmer
C. In a crock pot, add chili beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder and then the mixture of chicken and sausage. Mix well and heat until serving.

Mary's Crock-Pot Roast

This is my recipe. A favorite for me and my family. With food prices soaring, I take inexpensive pieces of meat and turn them into somethin' good!!
<<< I usually visit the store and look at the marked down meat aisle to find cheap cuts of beef at cheaper prices and use them that day, or throw them in the freezer for future use>>>

To feed 3-5 people
In a crock pot add the following in this order:

1 pound of peeled carrots, cut into 2 inch lengths
(or 1# bag of baby carrots)
3-4 peeled and quartered potatoes
2-3 pounds of either chuck roast or steaks, blade steaks, or stew meat (beef or deer). CUT INTO CUBES
1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
4-6 beef boullion, cubes
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 quarts of cold water

**Depending on time alloted,**
**Fast method place on high and cook for 4-5 hours:thumblef:
**Slow method, place on low and let cook 8-10 hours:cool:

:clock: After cooking, add gravy maker and stir then turn off and let set 5-7 minutes and stir again before serving.

Gravy Maker

1/4 cup corn starch
1 cup cold water
Add water to CS and stir until smooth.
add to boiling stew in crock pot.

:love7:Enjoy!!
~Mary

My fish bake: feeds 2-4 adults
1.5 lbs of fish
some sort of stale bread or unseasoned bread crumbs to yield 2 cups
2 lemons
butter
1 cup diced sweet onions
1 cup diced sweet pepper (yellow, red, orange)
hot pepper flakes
Parmasian Reggianno cheese (or off the shelf parmasian/romano stuff)
dried basil and taragon

Any white fish (I've used talpia, cod, scrod, haddock, and flounder) filets. In a baking dish, spray w/anti stick spray. Wash, dry, then salt and pepper both sides of fillets. Add a little dried basil; a little hot pepper flakes; pats of butter; diced sweet onion; sliced yellow, red, or orange pepper; and juice from one lemon. Cover with foil and bake for approx 1hr at 375°. While that's cooking... Take the stale bread and crush it in a processor or "other means" to end up with 1 1/4cups of breadcrumbs. Melt 1/4 stick of butter and about 1.0 cups of extra light olive oil in a sauce pan on very low heat. Add zest and juice from 2nd lemon, a little taragon (like a couple finger pinches little) and turn off heat. Add the breadcrumbs to the oil mix and stir to coat all of them. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of shaker parmasian or 1/2 cup fresh shreaded Reggianno and stir to mix. When fish is done, pull foil, switch oven to broiler and up the temp to 450, and top the whole pan with breadcrumbs, making sure they get down into the liquid in the pan. Let it cook another 5 minutes or until the crust gets brown, then pull out and let it sit for about 10 minutes.

cool keep them coming and i tell the wife to check these out

3 cups of Bisquick, 1 pound of hot or mild sausage. 1 (8 oz) pack of chedder cheese. mix together in to small balls and back at 350 till brown.

1 pound of beef, 1 chopped onion, 16 oz tomato sause, 2-16 oz cans chopped tomatoes, 2-16 oz cans pinto beans. 1 can corn, 1 pack od taco seasoning. Brown and drain meat. add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30-40 mins.

This thread RULES!!!!!! I just LOVE this site. This is the best bunch of people I have ever been with. I'm writing down all of these recipe's so keep them coming. I'll post another one later. I've got to get my list done on my car now that it is not raining.

Duckbuster: The wife makes that taco soup and buddy it's nothing short of good. Now for the duck recipe.
Peel off both sides of the duck breast, then slice in half long ways twice making 4 pieces per side. Place in a plastic bag with italian seasoning over night. Remove and place each piece on a strip of maple flavored bacon. Roll up and pin with a toothpick. Grill and while grilling baste with a polanisian sweet and sour sauce. Dont over cook then remove and eat hot with your favorite beer. You're gona like this. Helps if your a duck hunter. I'll bet it will work with a chicken breast and folks will be a lot more receptive to chicken rather than duck. Everything taste like chicken. Even my shorts.

Hey small block that sounds great. I will have to wait till next year to try because I have already eaten my ducks this year. And with a name like Duckbuster oh yeah I am a duckbusting fool. Hey Swinger what kind of hamburger recipe you want. For hamburgers, or a recipe's for hamburger meat? For the grill try this: make thin patties then place some cheese and chopped onion on top of a pattie and then cover with another pattie (seal the cheese and onion inside) and place on the grill shake on creole seasoning and eat eat eat.

-
Back