First test drive..

-

Scampin

Reaction score
Well been working on that 64 since I got it 3-4weeks ago. Took it for its first drive last night. Clutch needs replaced, feels like it is oil soaked. Trans popped out of second on decel. And I def. need to put some strut rod bushings in it. LOL. Other than that, cruised 70mph down thruway the 45mi to work no issues.

Did break the p/s wiper arm, I think maybe the spring internal to it broke. Can you replace the internal spring? Can you get wiper arms anywhere?

If you can't find one closer, I should be able to come up with a used bolt-on type wiper arm.
Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark, I may have to take you up on that. Realized I haven't put any pics up. Had it buffed at work today, can't believe how nice it came out. Will take some pics tommorow of the outside...

Not a spec of rust..
DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0104.jpg

Interior coming along:

DSCN0131.jpg

DSCN0135.jpg

Shampoed and re-dyed the shag carpet in the back:

DSCN0138.jpg

Motor runs like a top, replaced fuel pump, all rubber hoses, cleaned gas tank, rebuilt carb, replaced distributor, plugs, wires, starter, new flex pipe to side pipes, found a 2-bl air cleaner, has 60psi of oil pressure...

DSCN0142.jpg

DSCN0143.jpg

New master cylinder, one brake line, cleaned brakes, "new" e70-14 poly's I had laying around, polished up the side-pipes, ready for some driving. Pre-buff.

DSCN0144.jpg

DSCN0146.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0150.jpg

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0148.jpg

Will take some "post buff" pics tommorow.

Cool car. I love the side pipes, 4-speed and aluminum slots.

The side pipes came with the car. They are Thrush. It has about 6inches of the factory exhaust off the manifold, then flex pipe to the side-pipes.

I'd say its a 100% improvement. It's amazing what alittle elbow grease will do.

085.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

where did u get the dye for the carpet i need to re do mine black ... how hard was it to do ?

Just shampooed the carpet, let it dry, fluffed it up, then dyed it.

Wow nice solid little car and a few dollars and alot of elbow grease it's lookin real good.
Good work Scampin.

-
Back