First time down the track

-
Check your throttle cable adjustment and kickdown linkage, is the carb opening all the way?

Oe style mechanical pump, Summit -6 hose to filter and Holley 750 vacuum secondary carb.

That could be a problem, mechanical fuel pump trying to suck fuel 15 ft through a 5/16" line under G-forces trying to put it back in the tank. Use a 3/8" line, a electric pump as close to the tank as you can, and run a 10 ga wire so no voltage drop.

Oe style mechanical pump, Summit -6 hose to filter and Holley 750 vacuum secondary carb.

I agree with brian6pack. When I first put my 340 in my dart with just a cam, intake, headers and carb with a mechanical pump, best it would run was 13.7@102, with 3800 stall and 4.10 rear. I tried jetting for MPH at the track but nothing would change, same et and MPH. I double checked everything, in the end I switched to a black Holley knock off pump and regulator, first run ran 12.90 @ 105 and jetting started to affect MPH. It already had 3/8 fuel line from the tank. It may not be the only thing that is off, but worth checking.

-
Back