First Time Drag Racing Video

-
Most cars are over sprung mine included. Springs should do three things, hold the car up, prevent axle wrap, and locate the rear end. Much easier to use shocks to control movement. The A body front spring section is so short it is almost like a ladder bar. Until you have a ton of power and a very sticky tire. Traction bars are a band aid. If it hops go find and add a leaf or two to the spring pack, but it wont hop. You can also cut the leaf spring bands off the rear section to allow it to fan out. Traction bars do allow you to delay/tune the hit the tire gets.

Last edited:
I agree with others here. tune your launch and suspension before, you spend $$$ for suspension upgrades.
If then are original rear spring do this first.
Add these.
0912160956.jpg

Look at your front segment of your rear leaf springs. Adding 1 to 2 of theses on each side of your from segment, as far forward as you can without binding on the front hanger.
It Will rejuvenate them old leaf spring and help it to plant the tire better. don't know if anyone makes these things any more, but they can be built fairly simply. Just make sure you use nylon or locking nuts.
Leaf springs go between then two bolts.

IF the front sement of the spring has a wow or a bow in the form segment, THATS WHERE TO CLAMP THE SPRING.
Will launch harder without the expense of a new spring/ suspension. for very little cash!

Most cars are over sprung mine included. Springs should do three things, hold the car up, prevent axle wrap, and locate the rear end. Much easier to use shocks to control movement. The A body front spring section is so short it is almost like a ladder bar. Until you have a ton of power and a very sticky tire. Traction bars are a band aid. If it hops go find and add a leaf or two to the spring pack, but it wont hop. You can also cut the leaf spring bands off the rear section to allow it to fan out. Traction bars do allow you to delay/tune the hit the tire gets.

My only disagreement with this is that it will ride like a tank. i tried it, mostly to keep my wheel wells from eating up my tires sidewalls.
When i when to SS spring i thought i was riding in a caddy.....maybe i should say like a new yorker.:lol:

-
Back