fishing.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Fresh water,salt water ,don't care. Miss it ,like hell. Been 10+ years ,for me. Prefer Fresh water local,(Lopez lake). Best fishing,for me: 2 spots. Pine Flats,(Norcal). The stream fishing ,is so much fun. 2nd: Wisconsin,anywhere. You can see,the bottom ground 30 ft. deep,by eyesight. Share,please.

We have great fishing here in Arkansas, I have not seen the ocean in over 30 years :banghead:
I am on my wife's computer at the time, but when she wakes up I can share some lakes and rivers that I would love to be on right now :thumblef:
Top water fishing early this morning on lake Degray would be nice :cheers:
Or even a small pond hunting down that big bass with a a buzz bait about right know :thumblef:
Current River is clear and Brownnies/small mouth fishing with a small lure with a blade (jig) would be good for this ol fart this morning at day break.
I have resorted to fishing with live bait in the last few years, less repetition :coffee2:

the delta, tye chicken livers to your hook and fight them all the way in....

We have a state maintained lake that's my favorite spot. About 4 miles off the main highway way back in the woods. About 12 acres. The damn is that OLD lookin concrete with large round pebbles and rocks in it. Been there since the early 1920s. The family sold it to the state sometime in the 1950s as a state fishing lake. I haven't been in probably about 4 years myself. I hardly ever catch anything, because I suck at fishing, but I always have a good time. Bein one with nature and all that.

I have some friends that have a lake and a pond on their property so that is where I go fishing. The lake has about 7 surface acres and is 30 feet deep. The pond is about a 1/2 acre and about 25 feet deep. Both are excellent fishing holes since there are only four people that get to fish there. There are lots of Bass in both spots.

Fresh water,salt water ,don't care. Miss it ,like hell. Been 10+ years ,for me. Prefer Fresh water local,(Lopez lake). Best fishing,for me: 2 spots. Pine Flats,(Norcal). The stream fishing ,is so much fun. 2nd: Wisconsin,anywhere. You can see,the bottom ground 30 ft. deep,by eyesight. Share,please.

Ok, I am on my computer, I won my first bass tournament on this lake in 1985, I found a big drain pipe about 16'' wide and 7 feet deep and using a red tail purple worm dragging it slow and letting it fall off the drain pipe. and pulled in a 7lb, 07 oz , Love this lake, hope you enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvb65IwFqyU"]Southwest Outdoors Report #17 DeGray Lake, Arkansas Bass Fishing - 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

I used to take my kids to Lopez lake, but didn't really care for the fishing there very much.
Camping was good though.

Have you ever gone to Nacimiento or San Antonio lakes up by Paso Robles?
Both have huge striped bass, and fishing at night on the top with a noisy lure gets em.
Last one I saw out of Lake Nacimiento was 17 pounds or so.

I hardly ever catch anything, because I suck at fishing, but I always have a good time. Bein one with nature and all that.

All I ever caught was small 6" - 8" Croppie or Blue Gill throw backs.... I never was able to catch anything real big. :sad5:

Maybe someday, with alot of practice, I will be able to reach the upper ranks and become a "master baiter"... :-#

For me, mountain lake and stream fishing is the best. That's how I grew up because my dad was an avid fisherman.
I love fishing the eastern side of the Sierras around Bishop, CA. This is Lake Sabrina (elev. 9138) in the fall.

View attachment Sabrina.jpg

Sometimes the best days fishing are when the fish don't bite...

I used to do a lot of small stream and culvert fishing for the elusive brook trout here in Michigan. Love them litle guys! My buddy actually caught a couple "tiger" trout a couple years ago on a stream you coudl step across. A tiger trout is a sterile ofspring of a brown trout and brook trout. Crazy marking on them - almost looked like an artic char!!!

I really enjoy fishing. If it came down to a choice between cars and fishing...... Fishing would win hands down!

There is something about being on the water on my favourite lake. So peaceful, so tranquil. I can hear the call of the loons off in the distance and hear the sound of the water rippling off the side of my boat as I cast my line toward my favourite spot.

I have been fishing since I was a kid and I have become a decent fisherman over the years. Every summer we spend a couple weeks up north fishing and cottaging on Lake Muskosung. It is a decent size lake and it is full of both species of bass, pike, walleye, perch and musky.

Here are a few pics of some of my best catches........

Attachments

• Fishing 2009 024 (Copy).jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 028 (Copy).JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 039 (Copy).JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 141
  • house 165 (Copy).JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCF1529 (Copy).JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF1559 (Copy).JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 159
When my wife and I were dating our favorite spot was an area on the west fork of the white river here in Indiana. Was some of the best times, quite peaceful nights, pulling in channel cats and an occasional flathead. We ended up buying a small farm with 2 ponds on it. The bottom one is loaded with bass, bluegill, crappie, and some pretty good sized channel cats! We still make it a point to get out and do some river fishing. I found a fish/ski boat over in aurora and she told me to buy it! So now we get over to catarct lake and get some fishing and fun done there! Caught some nice stripers and cats out of lake monroe as well. I have a friend that has a a pond on his property that I caught a 7lb bass out of.

Being from south-east Michigan, there are lakes, then there are the Great Lakes! Best Bass fishing bar none! Lake Erie, Lake St' Clair, and Lake Huron. And you wonder why KVD is one of the Bassmaster's best fishermen? Yup, he's a Michigan boy too.......

My grand-daughter with her first fish.
My daughter (she has the sickness) and friend. Her friend got this one.
Me on the Snake river this last weekend. Going back this weekend. Biggest salmon run in many years.
The photos look weird due to having fun with an editing program.

Attachments

• me king hdr.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Nic & Jolene fish hdr.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Aida fish hdr.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 145
Caught these last summer here in MN at the cabin...yummy!!! I am not a big fisherman but I do enjoy it. Next summer I will have a little more time to spend at the cabin so I hope to do a lot more fishing...it sure is addicting :glasses7:

The cabin is only 30 miles away so it is a easy trip. My favorite thing after fishing is relaxing by the fire overlooking the lake and grilling hotdogs with a few tasty beverages :drinkers::drinkers::drinkers:

Attachments

• DSC09490.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 131
Nice. My Uncle Eddie,owned some lake shore property,in Wis. You row the boat out to the middle of the lake. 25-30 ft.deep. You could see the bottom ground.I fell in love,with that area.

Nice. My Uncle Eddie,owned some lake shore property,in Wis. You row the boat out to the middle of the lake. 25-30 ft.deep. You could see the bottom ground.I fell in love,with that area.

Here in Minnesota we have over 10,000 lakes to choose from....you go up north and the fishing is even better, especially near the Canadian border, we have some really nice Walleye's here too :glasses7:

Had camp up here 4 13 years kept boat up there it was great awsome bass fishing great times friends family work went to 7 day work week to hard to get up all time sold it last year miss it big time still go up fishing not same as getting baCK TO CAMP BEER FISH FRY 1 HOUR 15 MIN DRIVE HOME GUESS THATS LIFE!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 003.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 025.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 012.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 004.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 100
For me, mountain lake and stream fishing is the best. That's how I grew up because my dad was an avid fisherman.
I love fishing the eastern side of the Sierras around Bishop, CA. This is Lake Sabrina (elev. 9138) in the fall.

View attachment 1714655712

Sometimes the best days fishing are when the fish don't bite...

my great uncles ashes are spread around French camp and convict lake...

My son and I like to fish for big cats. But, we also bass and blue gill. He is 6'5" and the fish is 55lbs. He and I have a competition going. My largest is 35lbs but, hope to catch him this winter. BTW it’s a Blue cat caught on the Cumberland River here in TN. Always C&R with anything over 10lbs. See how happy he is in the photo?

Attachments

• Jeremy Fish(1).jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 111
-
Back