FiTech EFI System??

-
the Edelbrock unit for 500 bucks .

I didnt know anything they made was that cheap, what are you referring to?

The E-street system is over 2 grand

Otherwise, the only thing that even comes close, I'm aware of, is piecing together a Megasquirt, or maybe something like "Affordable" which uses reprogrammed GM ECUs

.......And you can build your own GM based system. Drop over to Binder Planet and read up

yeah I'm just talking about their Sump system that saves you the money and headache of basically buying a new tank and reworking it into a submerged pump return line system that all the better EFI kits require , 500 bucks for the sump and it isn't enough to support my current 520hp which is why I didn't pull the trigger on the MPFI setup we talked about last winter in a previous thread . This new 800hp sump for 375 is a game changer of sorts .

Funny, there are always the nay Sayers that don't ever do anything but bash on everything.

There are talkers and doers... I am a doer.

System is bought. If it don't work out at least I can say I tried something new! Lol

Plus yes this system can be pro tuned by plugging in your lap top. I will be using every feature the system has to include e85, nos, ignition on top of all my other ignition gizmos & Boost.... Wtf ?? Haha

Funny, there are always the nay Sayers that don't ever do anything but bash on everything.

There are talkers and doers... I am a doer.

System is bought. If it don't work out at least I can say I tried something new! Lol

Plus yes this system can be pro tuned by plugging in your lap top. I will be using every feature the system has to include e85, nos, ignition on top of all my other ignition gizmos & Boost.... Wtf ?? Haha

Hey Mad Dart

Did you end up getting this system and if so what's your feedback on it?? Thinking about pulling the trigger on an EFI system in the next couple months.

Thanks

Hey Mad Dart

Did you end up getting this system and if so what's your feedback on it?? Thinking about pulling the trigger on an EFI system in the next couple months.

Thanks

there s another thread on this fitech system and a number of members already have this system .

Been working on getting this one to run on my 73 duster for the past two evening...I got gas coming out of the Vent on the Fuel Command Center....almost like a stuck needle and seat on a holley....plus the EFI appears to be pig rich and the engine does not want to idle....

I called FITech this afternoon while I was at work and talked to tech support...told him of the problem..I thought it was the HV Holley Mechanical fuel pump on it....120 gph...with 6 to 8 psi....they seemed to agree...I came home and change to a stock fuel pump and still having the same problem...

the tech guy said to expect some fuel coming out of the vent that is why it is needs to be vented to the gas tank...but this is a steady stream of gas...while trying to get the engine to run I get a good puddle of gas under the car....I do not have the vent connected to the tank yet...but I can not see that this is normal.....be on the phone again tomorrow....

I went to the Hotchkis autocross this weekend and talked to a friend who has been running it for 9-10 months on his 302 in his '65 Mustang daily driver. He said he's got about 15,000 miles on the system and it's treated him good. He's a huge carburetor guy and says he knows how to tune and if an engine is running good (which he claims this system does). He was showing me the display and the controller and it's definitely a good piece.

Ironically, not too long after, the owner of FiTech showed up wanting to try autocrossing. We talked for a good hour or so and I spent time with his family. He's definitely an intelligent and good guy. I'll probably go this direction in the very near future.

Been working on getting this one to run on my 73 duster for the past two evening...I got gas coming out of the Vent on the Fuel Command Center....almost like a stuck needle and seat on a holley....plus the EFI appears to be pig rich and the engine does not want to idle....

I called FITech this afternoon while I was at work and talked to tech support...told him of the problem..I thought it was the HV Holley Mechanical fuel pump on it....120 gph...with 6 to 8 psi....they seemed to agree...I came home and change to a stock fuel pump and still having the same problem...

the tech guy said to expect some fuel coming out of the vent that is why it is needs to be vented to the gas tank...but this is a steady stream of gas...while trying to get the engine to run I get a good puddle of gas under the car....I do not have the vent connected to the tank yet...but I can not see that this is normal.....be on the phone again tomorrow....

any luck on your problem today?

Called today...and ken said that gas will come out of that vent because of the splash of the gas from the mechanical pump...

as far as being rich...he said I should let the engine warm up....but it is not wanting to run hardly ...like it is either being starved or flooded with gas.....

told him i would probably talk to him again next week..

did not have time to work it tonight....Thursday night Football...lol

Called today...and ken said that gas will come out of that vent because of the splash of the gas from the mechanical pump...

as far as being rich...he said I should let the engine warm up....but it is not wanting to run hardly ...like it is either being starved or flooded with gas.....

TV install in garage should be a requirement.

any updates??

-
Back