FiTech EFI system

-
would the timing control system be the best bet for a shot of nos ?

It has full single stage NOS control too. I think it can do everything, cut back fuel, retard timing, control how much nos comes on with how much throttle and how fast. The whole nine yards.

If this thing ran for prime minister I would vote for it.

Also all good points. Simple adjustments, easy boost reference and timing retard. Not anything that a cdi box cant do, but again all compact into the same unit, big selling point. And yes. I would also utilize it on a mopar unless I already had a box.

As far as msd issues, i know they reccomend using the phasable rotor. I assume you tried that. Truthfully most of my customers with mopars stick with the oe style small cap distributor. I have sold many msd locked units without issue, but not to say there aren't bad ones, just like any other mass produced part.

The mean street also has a "extra" function wire that can do 1 of 3 things.
1. Grab a constant afr during nitrous activation
2. Idle kick up when a/c is active.
3. A secondary rev limiter.

Is there any certain idle vacuum requirements to run this system? Currently my car get about 6" of vacuum at idle, I have read that this could wreak havoc on a fuel injection system.

has anyone installed this here ?

I ran into a few problems, but now that it is working it is AMAZING! Perfect cold starts, great throttle response, I just had some fuel pump problems (Had to move my electric fuel pump from my fender well to right next to my tank...pumps do better at pushing than pulling I guess). IF you send me your email I will post some pics.

Does anyone have a detailed manual on all of the various fields and the description of what they do? In a previous post someone explained what the dTPS Acc Gain field was and how it affected tuning. Is there a full list of these fields and information as to what they do?

I ran into a few problems, but now that it is working it is AMAZING! Perfect cold starts, great throttle response, I just had some fuel pump problems (Had to move my electric fuel pump from my fender well to right next to my tank...pumps do better at pushing than pulling I guess). IF you send me your email I will post some pics.

Remind me... which model did you get?

Try to post of a video if you can. It's easy. Take a video with your phone, upload it to YouTube and post the link here. Some driving videos to show show off the throttle response would be nice.

If I were to get one, I'd get the model with full timing control, but it's a I think it runs a little under a grand.

If I were to get one, I'd get the model with full timing control, but it's a I think it runs a little under a grand.

The model I bought - the Go EFI 4 - up to 600HP - features timing control was $995. That is the tumbled finish model.

Im not in the office but I know I posted full instruction sheets a few pages back.

And dont forget we combo price the unit with one of the fuel pumps. Check out the pace forum on here for details, the pace/fitech mail in rebate, and even 5 percent off all the brands we carry. (That arent on specials already)

Does anyone have a detailed manual on all of the various fields and the description of what they do? In a previous post someone explained what the dTPS Acc Gain field was and how it affected tuning. Is there a full list of these fields and information as to what they do?

Their 'tech center' web page has the links here.

Handheld Controller Feature Definitions
is what defines what all the 'stuff' is. Very useful.

Also, take advantage of the data logging. You can turn it on from the 'dashboard', then turn it off before you shut down. The display can then be disconnected from the car and then connected to your PC with the included cable. The log files will be in there as excel tables, and you can open and see what stuff was doing real-time.

Their 'tech center' web page has the links here.

Handheld Controller Feature Definitions
is what defines what all the 'stuff' is. Very useful.

Also, take advantage of the data logging. You can turn it on from the 'dashboard', then turn it off before you shut down. The display can then be disconnected from the car and then connected to your PC with the included cable. The log files will be in there as excel tables, and you can open and see what stuff was doing real-time.

Thanks, thought there are a few fields in the manual, that I don't see on my handheld, like the tipout ones.

Thanks, thought there are a few fields in the manual, that I don't see on my handheld, like the tipout ones.

Yeah, me neither. I'm guessing they're available on some units, or only though the laptop software - which I can't find and wasn't included in the box.

to get at some of the options, you have to to enable Pro tuning on the handheld.

On the GO EFI 600, that still doesn't enable the tipout values. But yes, you're right. Under display settings on the handheld, the 'Pro' tuning must be enabled for the advanced features that control learning and the accel pump gain and max settings.

Hello 69 cuda. The biggest thing to note with the timing control statement...remember those guys are used to dealing with small block chevy (Hei).
Is there an advantage to an hei vs the fitech timing or vice versa? Not especislly. Is the fitech control better than an msd 6AL? No.
. BUT!, is ANYTHING better than the problematic oem chrysler ignition? You bet. Having raced and owned many mopars, any excuse to throw the ballast resistor and box in the trash is a good one. (In my opinion and experience) so where as the timing control may not be some super fancy ignition controller, its better than oem...which is good enough for most.

I'm finally going to chime in regarding the timing control function.

You need a distributor you can lock out. You ALSO NEED an adjustable rotor. If you want to know why you need an adjustable rotor, watch YouTube videos on rotor phasing.

The FiTech setup is the same as the MSD Atomic EFI setup. The MSD you set at 15° advanced, the FiTech is set at 10°. That is the only difference.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to control timing. Different fuels, altitude, air temperature and anything that can change performance. You have the ability to change timing with the handheld. If your running nitrous, you have the advantage of it changeing your timing for you when you arm the N2O.

Could go on, but have to go to work and pay for my 600HP power adder setup I received yesterday!

Ordered my FiTech today.... 30002. looking forward to installing this thing.

Of course my thermoquad fired up 4th crank after sitting all winter. I guess that's how things go.

Just ordered the mean street from Johnny at Pace Performance. Going to put it on my nephew's Cuda. It will be replacing a Holley 950 ultra HP on a 499. We will be taking it to Drag Week so that ought to be about a good of a test as anything! I asked Johnny about how many miles before it has "learned enough" to be consistent, he said after a couple hundred should be good to go. Well see

let me edit that: just ordered the go 8 1200hp, wanted to have the timing control and going to add nitrous to the car anyway! Johnny was a great help at Pace, about getting everything straight. Thanks

Hello All,

We just came across a fitment issue for anyone attempting to use this on a Dominator (4500) flanged intake. I know not too many will use this unit with a big dominator intake, however wanted anyone reading this to know that either clearancing and/or a spacer is required.
I'm pulling the 4500 verbiage off the Pace Website, as it's not a straight bolt on.

Hello All,

We just came across a fitment issue for anyone attempting to use this on a Dominator (4500) flanged intake. I know not too many will use this unit with a big dominator intake, however wanted anyone reading this to know that either clearancing and/or a spacer is required.
I'm pulling the 4500 verbiage off the Pace Website, as it's not a straight bolt on.

Any pics of what has to be clearance?

Any pics of what has to be clearance?

Basically the throttle stop hits the outer edge of the 4500 flange rail. Since its wider. Where the throttle stop rotates on the butterfly shaft. It can be corrected easily with a 4500 spacer and a carbide bit in a Bridgeport, or carefully by hand. Im on my phone now, but I will do up a pic tomorrow. Its just not a direct bolt on to the dominator flange, so I wanted to be up front about it and get it out there.

Per request, here is the throttle stop that can get into the Dominator flange.
and here is how i would fix it with a spacer, before i ground on an intake...

Again using something like this on a 4500 flange is probably less than 1% of users, but wanted to be up front about it.

Enjoy the fine artwork :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Untiteeled.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 865
When running wire to fuel pump from the mean street do I wire it to both pumps are just the command center. I'm running the Holley 150 black pump. I would also like to know if the command center can be placed in the trunk. how close or far away can it be mounted

When running wire to fuel pump from the mean street do I wire it to both pumps are just the command center. I'm running the Holley 150 black pump. I would also like to know if the command center can be placed in the trunk. how close or far away can it be mounted

Per the FITech FAQ page:

"Can I mount the Command Center in the rear of my vehicle?
No problem, keep it safe and within the same areas you would mount and vent any aftermarket fuel tank or supply system like a fuel cell."

I'm sure Johnny is better equipped to answer your first question. I know that I have entertained the idea of a truck mount myself. I called the tech line to ask, and they reminded me it was in the FAQ. Lol.

Per the FITech FAQ page:

"Can I mount the Command Center in the rear of my vehicle?
No problem, keep it safe and within the same areas you would mount and vent any aftermarket fuel tank or supply system like a fuel cell."

I'm sure Johnny is better equipped to answer your first question. I know that I have entertained the idea of a truck mount myself. I called the tech line to ask, and they reminded me it was in the FAQ. Lol.
Well it just so happens that all my wiring goes to the trunk my msd relays all in the trunk to clean engine bay

-
Back