FiTech EFI system

-
Anyone know what this little black plastic probe thing is for? Mine looks like it's melted.
20160704_105421.jpg

I think it's the air temp sensor, did some thing happen to it. Looks a little funny

Larry

I don't know what happened to it, can someone post up a picture of what it's supposed to look like?

Well, as I learned from Sesame Street decades ago, one of these things is not like the other. Mine looks mangled.

I'm guessing a small aluminum (3/8") fuel line can be used as a hard vent line back to the gas tank vent? Anyone see any issues with this?

Thanks...
Sal

I'm guessing a small aluminum (3/8") fuel line can be used as a hard vent line back to the gas tank vent? Anyone see any issues with this?

Thanks...
Sal
FiTech states you can run 1/4", I'm using 1/4" nylon fuel line

I have this setup in the mail and should have it in a week or so. I have a custom made tank so it won't work for most people. I will have the external fuel pump. When I built my tank I added bungs.

I plan to use the one bung to suck fuel from. I do have a second one right beside. I also have the stock vent line up in the filler neck.

The question being. Can I run the vent line to the stock pickup and have the fuel return into the tank that way? Would bubbles cause issues in the fuel?

I will be wiring my Fitech up to a Aeromotive Phantom in tank fuel pump send/return system and utilizing a MSD 6AL-2 box with a locked out 2 wire magnetic distributor. Not exactly sure how it will all wire up but I am sure I will get it figured out.

So have you guys running the FItech seen any improvements in economy? I'm curious as to what they do to mpgs!

So have you guys running the FItech seen any improvements in economy? I'm curious as to what they do to mpgs!
I put the fitech on my 87 Ramcharger daily driver with a 360. While I do have more power I have worse fuel economy. Went from 13 mpg. to 11 now. Sorry but I am very disappointed with this setup. I went from a rock solid reliable truck to a pos that I am afraid to go out of my driveway with. I bought the fuel comand with it also..
When I first got it the hand held was fucked up, sent it back to fitech . Cost me 60 Can. in shipping. Got it back and worked fine for a few weeks. On Feb 27 got a call to go to my grandsons birth, 350 mile drive. Got 50 miles into my ride and it started ******* up, would keep stalling as I was cruising down the road, pull over wait a few minuites and fire up and go a few miles and stall again. Did this for 300 miles and I missed my grandsons birth. Borrowed a carb from my bro and came back home with it. Put fitech back on and phoned up fitech and they could not figure it out so I had to send it back,100 Can. to ship it back. They tried to fix it but must have sent me a different one back as it was not the one I sent them. When they sent it back they did not mark it a replacemennt part and I had to pay another 300 for duty to get it back. Have had it back on my truck for a few months now and have not been able to get good warm engine start and idle since. To top it off I had a dentist app. on Tuesday get half way there and the ******* thing died again. Towed the pos home and will be looking for a carb again. I have over 2500 into this thing now with new fuel lines and pumps and all the other **** and it sits broken down again. To me fitech means never buy fuel injection again.
Mike

Just want to let anyone know that has been patiently waiting on any B/O's with me, we finally seem to making a dent in our B/O's. I have some big shipments en-route to me with the new design FCC (which looks pretty much like the old FCC)lol,, and I also filled some backorders last week.

What's the new design for? What changed compared to the old ones?
Physically almost nothing. They now cast the base in one piece, opposed to three pieces that need machined and assembled. maybe 1/16 of an inch smaller OD. you'd never notice it if i didn't tell you, but it did cause some production delays when they changed it, hence the update.
got 10 last week, 20 more on the way.

Hey there Johnny
I got the aeromotive a1000 pump and regulator .Now do I run my return line from the aeromotive regulator or from the fitech return ? If you have a diagram I would appreciate it a lot .
Thanks again . moparisbest

Hey there Johnny
I got the aeromotive a1000 pump and regulator .Now do I run my return line from the aeromotive regulator or from the fitech return ? If you have a diagram I would appreciate it a lot .
Thanks again . moparisbest

Below is a diagram for an inline fuel pump, with a return line.

in your instance you have two options...you can leave the regulator inline (say to 60 PSI) and still run the return through the fitech.
OR
you can set the regulator to 58psi, and run your return from there, and then plug the return on the fitech.

in the diagram below, note that there is no external regulator. the fitech can regulate itself to 58psi if the return line is utilized, HOWEVER...i have heard of, but never first hand seen, "big" efi pumps "overpower" the internal regulator. I've only heard of this third party.

also some of those aeromotive regulators are return style only...you can't plug the "return port" because thats how they regulate. if thats what you have, then regulate it at the regulator, and just run a dead-head line to the fitech.

Johnny Pace,
Not trying to hijack your thread or sell anything....we figured out the "dirty tach signal" error code problem many here seem to have. I am referring to the guys that are trying to run a FBO or factory orange, chrome box. It should work with ANY vehicle running ignition system that gets that code. You need RFI shielded wire. Its very simple to do, the tach signal wire to FI Tech system needs to be shielded wire with ground. The wire is not hard to find nor install. If anybody cant find it, call Don at FBO and he is making up piece cheap. Hope this helps to alleviate some of your guys issues with these factory style ignition set ups. Evan

FI Tech ground.jpg

Yup, Talked to Don 2 weeks ago about this and he said the same thing...the wire is readily available. I'm running a HRR688 box and their pre phased and tuned distributor...works great. The mechanical advance plate is "Cool Beans"
Still waiting for my 600 power adder...hopefully it'll come with the new stock pace is getting...

Hey if you guys have figured out a way to run those female cap distributors, and phase them properly then "mopar-to ya" lol
personally i haven't tested them, and i know fitech won't even take a tech call with one of them installed, so i'll be sticking to my inexpensive billet offerings recommendation. But again if you've tested it, and know it works, then good luck!

Really, I am surprised? They know I have the mopar performance distributor and have always provided me with advice when I call. Maybe I was lucky being one of the first ones to put the system on last August when they had more time LOL

Anyway, it does work and I don't seem to have any misfiring or spark jumping.. runs extremely smoothly.. I also have had the FCC from the first batch and while it did push fuel back thru the vent, and others on different forums have slammed the FCC, it still worked fine for me ??.
The new Fuel pump settings probably help as well. Clearly these systems need tweaking.. but so did my carb.. and I LIKE tweaking from the inside of the car hahaha

Have a good one !

-
Back